Annual Passholder Parking Issues

RWilliams

Premium Member
Another odd thing is that at DHS there were cars parked all along the back section of the parking lots...and not parked in spaces, but all being huddled up at the very rear, marked off areas next to the pylons separating the incoming traffic from the lot. I must have seen 50-60 cars like this...VERY unusual.

That's actually pretty typical for Star Wars weekends. They use all available space for parking whether its designated for parking or not. I'm always worried I'm going to get shoehorned in to one of the makeshift spots, looks like body damage just waiting to happen to me.

Skywalker

I saw that story on Yahoo and subsequently CNN or another news organization carried the story but provided more rounded information pointing out that Disney offers various premium tours that skip guests to the front, in addition to alternate perspectives on the alleged abuse outlined in the article.

My issue is this lady named Wednesday Martin is writing a book and I'm inclined to believe her alleged story may have been exaggerated or even taken out of context for sensational material and to use the Disney name to help promote her book when it comes out. In my opinion, this is bad in and of itself, not to mention this is bringing unnecessary attention to "the tricks" that could pose an increase in abuse by those who are not one percenters. Personally, I think Ms. Martin may have one percent envy, but I will reserve final opinion until her book comes out and this sensational abuse story of disabled people getting paid (allegedly) instead of a Disney VIP Tour, is plastered all over the internet and then the talk shows.

Imperfect information. Not everyone knows all the tricks of how the system works or thinks about how people going to the Contemporary get through the MK gate without paying. Or they think that there are five undercover Disney security guards on the roof of their car, ready to pounce if they do anything wrong. Or they think that their nose will grow if they tell a lie on Disney property.

But seriously, not everyone knows the tricks. Do you think all of those people would waste so much time parking at the water parks or DtD if they knew they could come up with a little story and park at MK for free? The amusing thing to me about the "rich Manhattan moms" story was that if those moms had perfect information, they could have just walked up and gotten a GAC for themselves for free.

MattC

I don't mind showing my ID, but I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. Yesterday at DHS I was asked for an ID, I was prepared, one CM scanned my AP into a computer and a second CM standing there told us they are trying to get guest use to showing ID. Then this morning at MK I stuck my AP out the window with my ID under it and the CM just looked and waved us through.

No big deal. Maybe we will find out one day what's up and if showing ID will eventually be SOP.

itsbetsyh

If you have the seasonal AP, you have to pay for parking. If you have no blackout dates, you get free parking. There are many other discounts, too. If you didn't get a little booklet with it, ask for one next time you're there.

we are only the seasonal so i guess i'm not as stupid as i thought :)

G8rchamps

And why bother even going through the MK parking booths when anybody with a map program on their phone can figure out how to get free parking.

Quick weekend on short notice so we stayed OP for the savings. Front desk geve me directions to MK and I was quite surprised when we popped in just behind the parking gate!

MissM

We were out there Saturday (8/3) and arrived around 6pm. I was driving and Love in the passenger seat gave his AP for parking at MK toll booth. CM asked for ID. Love was trying to get himself out of the seat belt to get into his back pocket for the wallet to get his id and the CM asks him to verify his birthday. We tell him and he says, "uh, I've got something different." Hu? Finally, Love gets his wallet out, the CM looks at it and thanks us and hands both the AP and ID back.

We stopped by Guest Services and asked if they could verify the birthday in his account since the CM at the tollbooth said it was wrong in the system and the Guest Services CM said no, it was correct.

Whole thing was weird. First time we've been asked for ID with the AP's. No idea what was going on with the birthday thing.

monorail81

I don't mind showing my ID, but I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. Yesterday at DHS I was asked for an ID, I was prepared, one CM scanned my AP into a computer and a second CM standing there told us they are trying to get guest use to showing ID. Then this morning at MK I stuck my AP out the window with my ID under it and the CM just looked and waved us through.

No big deal. Maybe we will find out one day what's up and if showing ID will eventually be SOP.

Different park = different business unit = different SOP...

G8rchamps

Maybe you were just "checking out" Golden Oaks.

actually showed annual pass to parking attendant since I didn't have a pass in the window and he said "goog for you." If you know Vista Blvd - you can get in to MK.

Next day at HS they scanned my card and had me verify home address and told me to have a magical day.

I do not mind them checking. Esp since my daughter owns 1 share od DIS stock!!

luv

Nobody at Disney has asked me for ID yet. Nobody at Sea World asks. Uni always asks.

I have it ready for Uni, but will be holding people up if I'm ever asked at other parks.

I don't think anyone has scanned it. I'll have to try to remember.

Justinj2

Last Wednesday I showed my ID and AP to the parking attendant at MK and he took both and scanned my AP then checked my ID. Today at Epcot I did the same however the lady just basically said Thank You and waved me though so I guess it depends on the person!

Last edited:

rangerbob

Last weekend we went over to WDW. Friday night we went to MGM after parking was closed so just went to the gate and used our pass and in we went and enjoyed Fantasmic. On Sat we went to MK and got to the gate and gave them my pass and they asked for ID. They said that my pass wasn't in the system and they had to take it. I went to a ticket window, 15 minutes of them searching for the pass via phone #, address, name and other ways. I had them check my sons pass and it was OK.

I guess the dumb wonderful program is forgetting their passholders little by little, or is it the management who is forgetting us. Can't say enough wonderful words for the many billion dollar investment other than "waste of money"...

Skywalker

I have my I.D. ready since they've being doing this. They always check I.D. in the parks when I purchase something, both old passes and new ones, so I'm surprised they weren't doing this all along to ensure they're giving a discount or benefit to the person entitled to receive it. If I recall correctly, someone on one of these threads indicated the reason for I.D. checks for parking was because of theft of passes not issued. The next thing to be rolled out is scheduling fast passes which will be interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom