News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's called running a business. We have bad times and good, but the good overwhelms the bad. You talk layoffs, I talk Disney employing tens of thousands of people.

Sorry you haven't been able to participate in the enormous wealth creation of America. I'd advise changing your mentality from victim to shark. There is limitless opportunity.

Umm...you sound like a trust funder...

Might want to ease off a little. Pretty sure you’re not warren buffet

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I love all of the analyzing everyone is doing but I think the answer is simple. Disney keeps raising prices because they want to make as much money as possible.
Ok...now we can Move on to dessert
I don't think you're necessarily wrong about that. I would still support raising the prices until crowds tapered off and feel that they're still too low.
I know I’m not wrong...as my assistant just gave the reason which I kindly included in this post

BoarderPhreak

It's ridiculous, I think they are intentionally now trying to out-price their consumers. Please consider signing this Change.org petition
https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-affordable-family-vacations/u/24720606 Enough is enough!
Unless a million (and a half) people sign that thing, Disney's reply will be "talk to the (gloved mouse) hand."

...You don't "lose money" if you don't sell. Who lost 90% of the value in their retirement? Where do you get that number? The markets weren't down 90% and came roaring back with a vengeance. I can't manage your portfolio but if you're exposed to markets at retirement age and have no other means of supporting yourself, that is a personal money management issue and has no relevance to the dominance of financial markets...
Do you know what a 401K is? How it works? I'm not sure you do. I think you're just blowing a giant, orange trumpet. 😉

MrPromey

That's called running a business. We have bad times and good, but the good overwhelms the bad. You talk layoffs, I talk Disney employing tens of thousands of people.

Sorry you haven't been able to participate in the enormous wealth creation of America. I'd advise changing your mentality from victim to shark. There is limitless opportunity.

EDITED: I think Chef Mickey and I have made peace since the below was typed - perspective can do that, sometimes.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Dude, I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore but thank you for the laugh!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Especially enjoyed the attempted dig at my personal situation which you know absolutely nothing about!

Keep up the good work! 👍

Last edited:

Chef Mickey

Unless a million (and a half) people sign that thing, Disney's reply will be "talk to the (gloved mouse) hand."

Do you know what a 401K is? How it works? I'm not sure you do. I think you're just blowing a tiny, orange trumpet. 😉
Lol, really? You didn't answer my questions about who lost 90%, so I'm skeptical in even continuing until you want to have an intelligent discussion.

A 401K certainly doesn't require you to sell when the market declines. LOL!! Even if you're taking your normal distributions, you can ride out the storms and not lose anything close to 90%.

You have no clue what you're talking about or you assume no one will call you on your BS. Nothing about a 401K is complex. It's a regular account that's tax advantaged and has required distributions only after age 70.5. You can also invest in practically anything, not only volatile securities that move with the market. If you're in those funds exclusively at an advanced age and need the money, that's your fault.

Chef Mickey

Dude, I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore but thank you for the laugh!

Especially enjoyed the attempted dig at my personal situation which you know absolutely nothing about!

Keep up the good work! 👍
Haha, your over the top reactions just prove you're angry at the system. Disney doesn't owe you anything.

MrPromey

Haha, your over the top reactions just prove you're angry at the system. Disney doesn't owe you anything.

You mean the laughing?

That was me bowing out after you spent how many messages insisting I was wrong simply because I said the good times aren't forever to "We have bad times and good, but the good overwhelms the bad." and still trying to frame it as an argument against me somehow for some reason while ignoring legitimate good-faith questions for discussion in the same quoted post.

You should put that quote on a coffee mug and sell it on Etsy, btw.

Anyway, moving the goal post, straw man, cherry picking, etc. = waste of time trying to take seriously but now at least, I know who to poke for some fun around her.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Lol, really? You didn't answer my questions about who lost 90%, so I'm skeptical in even continuing until you want to have an intelligent discussion.

A 401K certainly doesn't require you to sell when the market declines. LOL!! Even if you're taking your normal distributions, you can ride out the storms and not lose anything close to 90%.

You have no clue what you're talking about or you assume no one will call you on your BS. Nothing about a 401K is complex. It's a regular account that's tax advantaged and has required distributions only after age 70.5. You can also invest in practically anything, not only volatile securities that move with the market. If you're in those funds exclusively at an advanced age and need the money, that's your fault.

Of course he didn't because you can't even keep straight who you are talking to.

That was me.

Her name was Cathy. (last name withheld out of respect)

She died a little over four years ago but I seriously doubt she was the only one.

How does any of this matter?

Happy?

BTW, I think it's you who doesn't understand what a 401k is. What you're describing is an IRA.

Need a shovel yet? ;)

Last edited:

MrPromey

Can anyone explain to me why only Florida residents are offered multiple types of APs unlike Universal who offers all AP types to everyone?

Because they can.

But on a serious note, I'm sure the cheaper tierd ones would seriously cut into more profitable length-of-stay packages which they're looking to avoid and which aren't something locals would be likely to buy into, anyway.

MrPromey

I think we may have reached our breaking point. This one has my husband ranting 😂 When I was a single gal in my early 20s, I bought my first AP in 2004. It was just over $400. Even with inflation, nearly tripling the price is a bit much, no? Add in $6 pretzels, $25 a night to park...I mean honestly, am I riding triple the rides in the park now?!

You bring up a good point. That was back in the "old" days when the standard AP came with no blackouts.

Amused to Death

I have seen the old rates stay for a day or so on AAA or some Disney travel agents.

Thanks for this tip! My wife and I were eligible for renewal back on May 29, but we didn't know we had to be in a hurry to get over to the parks, so I thought my delay was going to cost me dearly. I logged in to AAA early this morning and they still had the old pricing. I was able to save so much money compared to Disney's new pricing that I even decided to go back up to Platinum Plus. I saved $268. Of course, I could have saved more if I hadn't upgraded. LOL! I was worried my purchase wouldn't go through, but I've already got a shipping notice with a tracking number. Woohoo!

GlassHalfFull

Thanks for this tip! My wife and I were eligible for renewal back on May 29, but we didn't know we had to be in a hurry to get over to the parks, so I thought my delay was going to cost me dearly. I logged in to AAA early this morning and they still had the old pricing. I was able to save so much money compared to Disney's new pricing that I even decided to go back up to Platinum Plus. I saved $268. Of course, I could have saved more if I hadn't upgraded. LOL! I was worried my purchase wouldn't go through, but I've already got a shipping notice with a tracking number. Woohoo!

I don't know what passes you got, but the renewal 15% discount would have been similar, and I had seen previously that if you got an email and it showed the renewal price they had to honor that..

Chef Mickey

Of course he didn't because you can't even keep straight who you are talking to.

That was me.

Her name was Cathy. (last name withheld out of respect)

She died a little over four years ago but I seriously doubt she was the only one.

Happy?

BTW, I think it's you who doesn't understand what a 401k is. What you're describing is an IRA.

Need a shovel yet? ;)
No, it's not. And what can I say, it's 2 versus 1 right now...so I confused the nonsense since I'm getting it from both of you. You're the same to me.

Concisely tell me the financial and operational differences between a traditional IRA and 401k besides contribution limit and one being employer sponsored.

You do realize a 401K can be rolled to a traditional IRA with zero cost? Why do you think that's true?

Amused to Death

I don't know what passes you got, but the renewal 15% discount would have been similar, and I had seen previously that if you got an email and it showed the renewal price they had to honor that..

I bought a pair of Florida Resident Platinum Plus Renewal Passes via AAA Ticketmonster. They were priced at $718.99 ea (before tax) compared to Disney's new price of $849 ea (before tax). I also had to pay $8.95 for shipping. All told, I saved $267.98 by visiting AAA's website.

I don't remember getting a renewal email from Disney. I'll have to see if I've got anything in my Inbox or Trash. If I got an email, and it had a price, I doubt it would have been applicable, since I ended up renewing at a higher level.

The other change here is that by buying through AAA I had to pay in full, whereas I had been paying Disney monthly for our current passes. I can afford to pay in full, not a problem, but I rather liked not giving Mickey any of my money in advance! LOL!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom