News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

deWild

The design lead that did FEA had a lot of TOny Baxter/Old Disney Dark Ride Style.. It was very nicely done, especially the queue area...If they are going to use the same designer, I am sure it will turn out beautiful...but WHAT is it??

From what I’ve gathered, the attraction will be C or D ticket-esque. I don’t have time to go through the multiple pages of comments, but I remember there being a post saying it could be a flat ride. I don’t remember if there’s a post confirming this to be a dark ride. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this is simply the addition of Cherry Tree Lane with a meet and greet for Mary & Bert.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From what I’ve gathered, the attraction will be C or D ticket-esque. I don’t have time to go through the multiple pages of comments, but I remember there being a post saying it could be a flat ride. I don’t remember if there’s a post confirming this to be a dark ride. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this is simply the addition of Cherry Tree Lane with a meet and greet for Mary & Bert.

Let me catch you up then:

1. The mini-land of Cherry Tree Lane will be based on Mary Poppins Returns.​
2. There will be a dark "attraction". The candidates from various insiders are:​
a) a carousel, likely doubledecker​
b) a carousel, with projections (presumably surrounding all or part of the ride)​
c) a "spinner"​
d) still in flux, might not be a ride​
3. hundreds of posts of what people would like, which is likely to have no affect on the end product and provides no information​

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

2. There will be a dark "attraction". The candidates from various insiders are:​
b) a carousel, with projections (presumably surrounding all or part of the ride)​
c) a "spinner"​
3. hundreds of posts of what people would like, which is likely to have no affect on the end product and provides no information​

D is supposed to be "all of the above"
And when it doubt, pick C.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
B-C.

Bocabear

So...Carousel or meet & Greet...possibly both.

deWild

c) a "spinner"​
I’d be okay with any of these except a spinner. It likely won’t happen, but I always thought a steeplechase type attraction would’ve been a welcomed addition. Thank you for catching me up!

amazza

Not necessarily an attraction, but with the park space I wouldn't mind seeing The Balloon Lady on a park bench selling balloons. I realize that having balloons all over World Showcase makes it more like Magic Kingdom, but hey, it's an easy money grab!

zweltar

I’ve not heard it called a “ride” for a long time now.
I've got it from a very reliable, super duper inside source that the attraction will be a beggar lady selling small bags of day old bread from around the World Showcase restaurants for the reasonable price of $49.99 (plus tax). For authenticity's sake, Disney will bring in actual homeless people on a rotating basis. The attraction will be called "Feed the Dolts."
Joe Rhode will be taking a team of 500 Imagineers on a worldwide research trip to live amongst various homeless communities in cities such as London, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York. The proposed budget for this attraction is $1.8 billion but Disney expects budget overruns into the $3-4 billion range.
Some of this may change, though.... So don't hold me to it.

amazza

I've got it from a very reliable, super duper inside source that the attraction will be a beggar lady selling small bags of day old bread from around the World Showcase restaurants for the reasonable price of $49.99 (plus tax). For authenticity's sake, Disney will bring in actual homeless people on a rotating basis. The attraction will be called "Feed the Dolts."
Joe Rhode will be taking a team of 500 Imagineers on a worldwide research trip to live amongst various homeless communities in cities such as London, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York. The proposed budget for this attraction is $1.8 billion but Disney expects budget overruns into the $3-4 billion range.
Some of this may change, though.... So don't hold me to it.

You're probably spot on...forget the Balloon Lady!

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I’ve not heard it called a “ride” for a long time now.

I assume just as much an "attraction" as "Journey of Water"? Honestly, there are a lot of cool "walk through" areas/attractions in other Disney parks (especially Paris) that seem to be completely lacking in WDW. As much as I'd love a full out Mary Poppins dark ride, a nice Mary Poppins walk through would be a nice way to escape the heat/rain...

Bocabear

I assume just as much an "attraction" as "Journey of Water"? Honestly, there are a lot of cool "walk through" areas/attractions in other Disney parks (especially Paris) that seem to be completely lacking in WDW. As much as I'd love a full out Mary Poppins dark ride, a nice Mary Poppins walk through would be a nice way to escape the heat/rain...
no...it would come off as cheap and WAY too little... If it ends up being a walk through to a meet and greet they will have missed a great opportunity to do something great in a pavilion that has been waiting for it's attraction since opening day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom