News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Probably it'll be the ginger Cabbage Patch Kid.

Merida-brave-32114606-689-792.png

:eek::mad::depressed:

I'd rather have Alice over this, as long as it's the animated, not Burton's, version of Alice.
Paraphrasing here, "If ye could change yer face, would ye?"

Frizzball

Being from the UK, Brave seems as good an IP as any and should hopefully temper the 'the UK=London' look the pavilion currently has going for it. Honestly I'd be happy with anything that has a decent ride mechanism, some sort of plotting and fits better than Frozen in Norway, Brave at least ticks the last one though I can't say anything for the first two. I might be the only one who thinks this but I'd hate Poppins or Alice because they both present a ridiculously idealised upper/middle class fantasy land version of England (not the UK) when they do show it (looking at you Alice) and are pretty poor representations of any kind of culture we do have. Brave at least has the potential to explore cultural heritage and myth, if in a excessively Disney princessified form. My vote would have gone to Sword in the Stone if forced to choose an IP but I can definitely see the rationale for Brave and I hope they make something decent out of it.

Kevin_W

Yes, not so subtle hints. But I still cannot believe the are apparently choosing Brave over Mary Poppins. It is still so amazing to me one of Walt Disney's masterpieces continues to be paid dust when clearly the love and popularity for this iconic film is alive and well.

I think Brave is vastly underrated by most Disney fans. But that said, Mary Poppins is one of the greatest of all time.

Aries1975

I think if I'm excited is subjective. But it should be a nice addition if plans come to fruition.
Although we sometimes travel down the rabbit hole in these discussions, thank you as always for reading the tea leaves for us. I believe the new addition will make a very happy unbirthday gift for all of us.

Frizzball

I think Brave is vastly underrated by most Disney fans. But that said, Mary Poppins is one of the greatest of all time.
I loved Brave when I saw it in the cinema, the animation was gorgeous and it was a breath of fresh air to have a princess film that focused on family dynamics rather than romance. While it may, arguably, not fit the UK pavillion as perfectly as Coco fits Mexico it's certainly one of the better proposals and I don't think how good or bad people think the film is should detract from that. Great rides can be created from awful films and fantastic films can lead to awful rides. Whatever we end up with I just hope it does justice to WS's mission and to Brave itself.

bcoachable

I think Brave is the population dynamic they are going for...
As classic as Poppins is, it is just that... classic. Our beloved disney seems to be wanting to shoot for more of a soup de jour that will entertain a certain demographic (I get it we fit, but I dont think most that visit do)
ex: frozen, gaurdians, rat, and now, possibly brave
We all love epcot, but can you imagine being a newbie family with a few youngens. and try to walk that park? You as the parents would enjoy the wine and dine, but cmon, what 6 year old would be entertained by world showcase as it is today?? (ours probably but I am talking typical family here)
This is why I think Poppins is out ( and the fact that the rights to it seem to be tied up in Traveler's family not wanting this or that done to their beloved ip)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom