News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

peter11435

An Alice ride would be charming, but again, not quite the right note for EPCOT...but perfect for the Magic Kingdom...where the ip is only represented by the teacups...I do not understand why it is so hard for leadership to understand the difference between the parks and what is appropriate for each...
I don't think they have any problem understanding... it's caring that is the issue.

RSoxNo1

Here's a list of every Disney animated movie set in England (from dorkly.com):
  • Robin Hood
  • The Great Mouse Detective
  • Sword and the Stone
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • The Adventures of Mr. Toad
  • Black Cauldron
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Peter Pan
  • Cars 2
  • Brave
If I had to bet from that list, I'd put money on Brave or Alice in Wonderland. If you expand to non-animated movies you add in the other obvious choice, Mary Poppins.

GlacierGlacier

• Robin Hood
  • Sword and the Stone
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Black Cauldron
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Peter Pan
  • Cars 2
  • Brave
If I had to bet from that list, I'd put money on Brave or Alice in Wonderland. If you expand to non-animated movies you add in the other obvious choice, Mary Poppins.
Trackless Mr. Toad confirmed !!11!

bhg469

An Alice ride would be charming, but again, not quite the right note for EPCOT...but perfect for the Magic Kingdom...where the ip is only represented by the teacups...I do not understand why it is so hard for leadership to understand the difference between the parks and what is appropriate for each...
I was surprised at how long and impressive the DL alice ride was. It was visually very impressive and especially fun. It would have been nice to have that in WDW instead of the belle attraction.

Matt_Black

• Robin Hood
  • Sword and the Stone
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Black Cauldron
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Peter Pan
  • Cars 2
  • Brave

Brave was set in Scotland.

MichRX7

Premium Member
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • 101 Dalmatians
I'm all-in for any of these as a dark ride with my preference being an expanded return of Mr. Toad. But only if they include the bar scene from track left. Where else could an impressionable kid see cartoon nudity at Disney? I only want Alice if they don't exactly re-create Disneyland. The more I think of it... if 101 were a frantic ride through the English country-side chasing Cruella, Horace and Jasper that would be fun times.

I think its been suggested before but this does seem like a unique opportunity to build the updated version of Peter Pan (from Shanghai), while the existing one stays open in the MK. Then once this opens, shut down the MK version and use that space for something new.

Haymarket2008

I think its been suggested before but this does seem like a unique opportunity to build the updated version of Peter Pan (from Shanghai), while the existing one stays open in the MK. Then once this opens, shut down the MK version and use that space for something new.

I know Frozen messed up this argument, but to me Peter Pan so explicitly epitomizes Fantasyland. I would hate for that to happen.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It appears you're very fond of poking hornet nests with sharp, short sticks... ;)

bhg469

I know Frozen messed up this argument, but to me Peter Pan so explicitly epitomizes Fantasyland. I would hate for that to happen.
I think it is pretty much solidified that there is a definite direction that the company is taking. We will have Magic Kingdom, Diet Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom zero... and then Animal kingdom, when it is all said and done.

Phicinfan

• Robin Hood
  • Sword and the Stone
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Black Cauldron
  • 101 Dalmatians
  • Peter Pan
  • Cars 2
  • Brave
Mary Poppins has already been discounted by multiple insiders, No toad either

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom