News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

DisneyFan18

I don't think DuckTales has been seriously brought up as a possibility on here. There's a reboot just starting up now.

You could argue many reasons that it doesn't naturally fit, which is exactly why this is the likely IP. I mean hey, Donald wears a fancy hat, bow tie, and jacket with buttons. Scrooge even wears a top hat, and one would presume he's actually from the UK. And the ducks can be tailored to tell just about any story, or at the very least, chase each other around in front of various tourist attractions.

If this is supposed to be to Kitchen Calamity as Gran Fiesta Tour is to Frozen Ever After, using Donald and other ducks would make that quite the analogy.
Well... Gran Fiesta Tour will be no more if Coco does good enough...

Matt_Black

Well, maybe it's easier to make a list of things that are probably NOT under consideration...

Candleshoe
Unidentified Flying Oddball (aka A Spaceman in King Arthur's Court)
Greyfriars Bobby

Sundown

Going to make a hunch guess...

Maleficent / Sleeping Beauty

Angelina Jolie just confirmed signing for a sequel. And in the same recent time the idea of the IP for this one seemed to be getting firmer.

Yes, the fairy tale largely comes from 17th century French writings, but also traces to Germany & Italy. And fairy tales were oral, and you'd often find the same story in various territories. So...why not England? Arendelle isn't actually Norway...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Please, gawd, not Cars 2. Anything would be better than that.
ANYthing?
the_toaster_crew_by_rainbowtech-d49v3ad.jpg

dennis-in-ct

Until they come to the realization that the park has been long dead, they will be happier. The view of the company has shifted to exploiting their IPs and not developing original ideas. That is why I am sad.. There will never be another haunted mansion, or pirates of the caribbean.

I think the last original ideas happened in DisneySea with the Sinbad ride, the Journey to the center of the earth and Hong Kong'd Mystic Manor.

Haymarket2008

Going to make a hunch guess...

Maleficent / Sleeping Beauty

Angelina Jolie just confirmed signing for a sequel. And in the same recent time the idea of the IP for this one seemed to be getting firmer.

Yes, the fairy tale largely comes from 17th century French writings, but also traces to Germany & Italy. And fairy tales were oral, and you'd often find the same story in various territories. So...why not England? Arendelle isn't actually Norway...

Disney's Sleeping Beauty is pretty explicitly set in France. And while Frozen never mentions Norway in the film, it is pretty obviously Norwegian by design. I'm not defending Frozen in the Norway pavilion, but it is a stretch that does work in an isolated scenario. Sleeping Beauty would only be in France should it have a presence in Epcot.

Princess Leia

Do it! It's a trip. (in every sense of the word) This one and "We're Back!" are not to be missed with fresh adult eyes.
I completely forgot about ‘We’re Back!’. There are so many animated movies from the early 90s I borrowed from the library, and idk if I really want to go back and watch them again.

Watching the Brave Little Toaster made me realize how much I love Toy Story. Two very similar stories, but Toy Story didn’t have an equivalent character for Blankie (unless you count Rex) for good reasons.

MerlinTheGoat

I'm going to bet on Brave. Spirit commented on this project in his newest topic, he said this-

"I hear people are making all sorts of predictions about the UK attraction for EPCOT. Good to see some people are braver than others."

I don't know for sure whether this was a hint or not, but I would not put it past him. And if i'm being honest with myself, Brave is probably the most logical and safe choice, and a safe bet as to what will happen IMHO. What else could even be a likely candidate under this particular leadership?

If this wasn't an intentional hint by you @WDW1974 then I apologize. Though if it was, it'll be yet another piece of info you broke first and I hope you're properly credited.

Casper Gutman

I'm going to bet on Brave. Spirit commented on this project in his newest topic, he said this-

"I hear people are making all sorts of predictions about the UK attraction for EPCOT. Good to see some people are braver than others."

I don't know for sure whether this was a hint or not, but I would not put it past him. And if i'm being honest with myself, Brave is probably the most logical and safe choice, and a safe bet as to what will happen IMHO. What else could even be a likely candidate under this particular leadership?

If this wasn't an intentional hint by you @WDW1974 then I apologize. Though if it was, it'll be yet another piece of info you broke first and I hope you're properly credited.
I'm not sure they'd go with a Scottish themed property when it seems likely Scotland will leave the UK within the next decade. Seems like an unnecessary risk.

DisneyFan18

I believe he was hinting at that as well, nevertheless we could be reading too much into it. However, I believe that if it's a Brave attraction and Martin is pleased, it will definitely be an attraction that worth of experiencing. :)

TiggerDad

Disney's Sleeping Beauty is pretty explicitly set in France. And while Frozen never mentions Norway in the film, it is pretty obviously Norwegian by design. I'm not defending Frozen in the Norway pavilion, but it is a stretch that does work in an isolated scenario. Sleeping Beauty would only be in France should it have a presence in Epcot.
Disney's version may be in France, but there is a cute little castle in Germany that claims to be the inspiration for the Brothers Grimm version. It's called Dornröschenschloß Sababurg, and is just down the road from Rapunzels tower. You could fit a lot of IPs in Germany, not that you should.

GiveMeTheMusic

Brave is a garbage IP. I am going to be very unhappy if that's what they went with. WDI's Pixar bias is overwhelming, and they've yet to do any Pixar attractions that actually do the IP justice other than RSR. Brave is all but forgotten, but it would be just like Disney to spend money on a ride for it while Mary Poppins and Alice continue to be ride-free at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom