News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Even though that article says last updated in 2012, that concept art must be from before the World ShowPlace tent was built. I couldn't see current TDO mgt replacing it like that.

The referenced site guesses that the artwork is from 1992, seven years before World ShowPlace opened. Not saying that they would remove World ShowPlace, but given the old saying that "concepts at Disney never die", I was just thinking that they might somehow re-work this concept to fit the area they have now...

Robbiem

An an enchanted garden area could work well in the U.K. Pavilion. Brits love their country gardens and a whimsical take could be used to house some simple rides themed to U.K. literature or Disney IPs (Alice, Poppins, Robin Hood etc) in the same way as bugs land and mermaid lagoon do. You could even add in a practically perfect afternoon tea restaurant and Mary poppins meet and greet.

While personally I'd rather have a big uk dark ride based on uk literature or a Broadway quality theatre for west end style shows I think the garden could be a nice change of pace for the park

Bocabear

An an enchanted garden area could work well in the U.K. Pavilion. Brits love their country gardens and a whimsical take could be used to house some simple rides themed to U.K. literature or Disney IPs (Alice, Poppins, Robin Hood etc) in the same way as bugs land and mermaid lagoon do. You could even add in a practically perfect afternoon tea restaurant and Mary poppins meet and greet.

While personally I'd rather have a big uk dark ride based on uk literature or a Broadway quality theatre for west end style shows I think the garden could be a nice change of pace for the park
most of EPCOT is a big garden...more garden space is not necessary at this point...and currently there is sort of a garden there... What te UK needs is a real attraction, and a garden is not going to do it.

Princess Leia

Any chance that this addition is a variation of the previously proposed Enchanted Forest? I mean, the only real "attractions" included in that plan were a carousel and a small theater. Other than that, there was a labyrinth, an interactive play area, many meet & greet areas, and a bunch of neat things to look at, but no major D or E ticket attractions. The plan featured Alice in Wonderland, Marry Poppins, Winnie the Pooh and Robin Hood... all IPs I think most people would be okay using...

View attachment 216159
:jawdrop: Was this real?

I can't read the bits on the side describing the areas, what does it say?

nickys

Premium Member
It's been said time and time again in this thread by different insiders that it will be a ride (of the B, C, or D variety). Not a roller coaster, boat, or ferris wheel. I'm hoping that means it's like a classic dark ride.

So, no mazes :)

And also not a spinner either, from what I remember. By which I took to mean no Dumbo-like ride.

Princess Leia

Lol I hope it's not a classic dark ride. Hopefully it is something along the lines of Rat.
I'm kind of guessing it will be on the scale of Mexico's or Norway's original rides. Not a headlining attraction (outside of the AAs, Frozen is not a huge ride), but something for people to do. Rat is an E, so the U.K. will get something smaller to get some of the Gateway crowds.

Timothy_Q

I'm kind of guessing it will be on the scale of Mexico's or Norway's original rides. Not a headlining attraction (outside of the AAs, Frozen is not a huge ride), but something for people to do. Rat is an E, so the U.K. will get something smaller to get some of the Gateway crowds.

We'd be VERY lucky if we got anything like Mexico's and Norway's ride.

Considering how short headlining attractions of today are (7DMT, Tron, NRJ), I can't imagine a small attraction in the uk being like the two previously mentioned

Kman101

Same thing with SGE over at MK. So indecisive I worry that they won't have a replacement by the 50th

I agree. They just need to pull the trigger and go with something. I feel like they see that they can get away with it being "seasonal" so they are using their tried and true "why bother" approach to doing something. I could be wrong but that's what it seems like. It's been seasonal how long now? Something could have been opening already.

JSchnitz

Well if they want to do it cheaply they could just paint the building with black spots and have live Dalmatian pups inside! Throw a Cruella meet and greet up and call it a day! Bam! Your new U.K. Attraction! (I'm being sarcastic, although I would like a 101 Dalmations attraction!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom