News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

HMF

I don't think it would be a good idea to add a Loch Ness attraction to the UK pavilion in a time when there is so much talk about Scotland's independence. Unless they use an expansion pad ... then they'd have an instant new World Showcase country if Scotland were to separate.
I don't think Scotland is going to leave the UK besides when World Showcase opened in 82 Germany was two separate countries and they wisely kept it one pavilion. If I were in charge I would have Mexico encompass all of Latin America (fixing the logic problem of Jose' being in the Mexico ride and Norway would become Scandinavia.

Last edited:

HMF

How bout a London ride based on Kings Cross Station? what i cant believe it hasnt been brought up yet......
9a5c93f013e39fd70ea35fa02a16f9d8815cddd5b491edb7fa64c690649a6150.jpg

doctornick

I'm not even sure that it is second on the docket... Might be 3rd or 4th. This regarding green lights and construction starting. Construction finishing though...

I'm curious whether that "docket" is in reference to World Showcase alone or all of Epcot. Could it be that they are actually looking at projects at 3 or 4 pavilions in World Showcase? Though there has been hints of adding a new country as well, so maybe... France, UK, new country plus maybe something for one of Germany/Italy/Japan?

yensidtlaw1969

What I've heard of is hardly a huge ride. Not the scope of Ratatouille like some of you are hoping.
I'm noticing that you said "ride" and not "attraction". I find that encouraging - even if it's a small ride.

Can you name a ride that is similar in scope to what you're hearing? I'd be very curious to know what sort of ballpark we're potentially looking at!

jaxonp

Marry "Poppins" Go-round, plays different tunes from the movie.. location back in the garden. Everything themed to the movie. Makes perfect sense.. little investment and now we have a kiddie flat in Epcot.

Thebolt

A Mary Poppins ride where the load area is 3/4 of a carousel, and you mount the horses and they break off the carousel and follow the penguins through scenes from the songs of the film...

Admitedly, disabled access needs a bit more thought... and it is really a version of the great movie ride, but...

Princess Leia

A Mary Poppins ride where the load area is 3/4 of a carousel, and you mount the horses and they break off the carousel and follow the penguins through scenes from the songs of the film...

Admitedly, disabled access needs a bit more thought... and it is really a version of the great movie ride, but...
Benches? Lots of carousels have benches for those who can't ride the horses.

Also, I really don't want to get my hopes up about a Mary Poppins ride. While it could be practically perfect in every way, if Disney doesn't want to do it, they won't, and people will have been excited for nothing.

I'm trying to keep my optimism at a low level. @marni1971 said it was potentially a B/C/D ride, so I suppose Poppins could fit as a C or a D, but so could a Nessie ride (probably more B or C, I guess).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom