News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Haymarket2008

That makes sense. For me, I would be disappointed if Disney spent any money on another Enchanted Tales with Belle-like experience, regardless of the IP. It's not the Mary Poppins part that specifically bothers me.

I don't totally subscribe to the idea that certain IPs "deserve" a certain size of attraction. If the UK pavilion needs a D-ticket and Disney wants to theme it Mary Poppins, I wouldn't be upset that Mary Poppins didn't get a bigger ride. I don't mind when Disney's most-prominent IPs lack rides (the Lion King) and when Disney's most-prominent rides are themed to unpopular IPs (Splash Mountain).

I am as big a WDW fan as the next person, but I haven't stepped foot inside Enchanted Tales with Belle. Nothing about that experience sounds enjoyable without having a kid to entertain. A Mary Poppins version would be yet another thing that a significant amount of guests will just walk by. You're right, it is that particular type of experience that is problematic.

RobWDW1971

I am as big a WDW fan as the next person, but I haven't stepped foot inside Enchanted Tales with Belle. Nothing about that experience sounds enjoyable without having a kid to entertain. A Mary Poppins version would be yet another thing that a significant amount of guests will just walk by. You're right, it is that particular type of experience that is problematic.
Yup, if I went to the Enchanted Tales with Belle by myself security would follow me around the rest of the day.

Rich Brownn

I did it without a kid, and liked it. The mirror sequence is pretty awesome and we had a really good Belle. Watching her interaction with the kids was really cute. Its a weird mix up though. It could be a M&G, but also part-show. (At the one I was at only the kids in the show got the M&G part - I assume that's changed?)

GladToBeHear

This video was filmed in December 2019, and I only state that the ride will be an indoor flat/spinner attraction. Then towards the end of the video I give an example of how a basic spinner attraction could be interestingly implemented, by showing Disney Patents from many years ago. But of course, I also state that IT IS NOT the ride system. Just want to put that out there.

I FULLY INTEND on doing a video CLEARLY stating that Poppins is cancelled, once we receive some sort of confirmation, and will unlist (make unavailable) the original announcement video from D23.

I feel that blogs and YouTubers who make such a BIG DEAL about a new ride, should also give EQUAL WEIGHT to the news that the project has been cancelled to help inform the public responsibly.

Of course. I have no inside information and have no clue what becomes of this project. But this is the best video I've seen about it. Kudos to you. I really enjoy your channel.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
There's an old barn near us that was converted decades ago to be a store. In the last 20 years or so, it was converted to be a restaurant - it just keeps changing hands. I don't quite know why nothing there has managed to survive because it's on a street that sees TONS of traffic. One of the recent iterations was a very nice-looking tea room.
I underlined the clue...

dreamfinder

(At the one I was at only the kids in the show got the M&G part - I assume that's changed?)

Usually they pick adults/older kids to be the suits of armor. Any adults are more than welcome to pick up one of the assorted pieces of silverware/dishes they pass out at the end to anyone who wants one.

As for the M&G I've seen both. I've been there where CMs tried to keep random kids from running up for pictures, and I've seen some where they had no problems with it. Seeing as how they pass out the extra silverware for as many kids who want it, I can't realistically see them from keeping people who didn't participte from getting quick pictures.

Goofy213

I don't see how any meet and greet is going to work when you have to stay 6 feet away from the other people. Unless all the pictures are panoramic.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't see how any meet and greet is going to work when you have to stay 6 feet away from the other people. Unless all the pictures are panoramic.

It's unlikely you can do almost anything at WDW and still keep a 6 foot distance. For a discussion of that, please see this thread...

HauntedMansionFLA

What I’m about to say is a rumor. It’s definitely NOT from a reliable source but sounds super plausible. Mickey Views has put out a rather excellent video about the current situation. This isn’t a lazily put together video, it’s actually dome extremely well.

According to Brayden who is FAR from an inside credible source. Let me stress that, but this seems plausible and is why I’m posting it. Maybe this is why insiders were so hesitant to talk about the carousel. The Mary Poppins ride wasn’t going to be a carousel...at one point it was but before the situation the most recent form of the project was.....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

...Tea Cups

No this isn’t a joke indoor tea cups.

Now I’m sure our insiders may know if this is legitimate. @marni1971 or any other insider can you comment. I know it hardly matters since this project is probably cancelled. Again, not saying Mickey Views is reliable but this seems to match up with the insider reports.
You lost me when you said Mickey Views

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
What I’m about to say is a rumor. It’s definitely NOT from a reliable source but sounds super plausible. Mickey Views has put out a rather excellent video about the current situation. This isn’t a lazily put together video, it’s actually dome extremely well.

According to Brayden who is FAR from an inside credible source. Let me stress that, but this seems plausible and is why I’m posting it. Maybe this is why insiders were so hesitant to talk about the carousel. The Mary Poppins ride wasn’t going to be a carousel...at one point it was but before the situation the most recent form of the project was.....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

...Tea Cups

No this isn’t a joke indoor tea cups.

Now I’m sure our insiders may know if this is legitimate. @marni1971 or any other insider can you comment. I know it hardly matters since this project is probably cancelled. Again, not saying Mickey Views is reliable but this seems to match up with the insider reports.

Riding inside spinning tea cups would be a great idea for an Alice in Wonderland themed attraction! /s

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom