News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Phicinfan

Okay not to be negative, but I thought this was on the flux again? I could have sworn @marni1971 stated that Coco in mexico was back on the table, and that the money would be either Coco or UK ride - with UK ride leading? Also, I thought stated Mary Poppins IP isn't locked again?

geekza

Okay not to be negative, but I thought this was on the flux again? I could have sworn @marni1971 stated that Coco in mexico was back on the table, and that the money would be either Coco or UK ride - with UK ride leading? Also, I thought stated Mary Poppins IP isn't locked again?
That's what I understand to be the case. It's kind of in limbo at the moment. It hasn't been abandoned, but there isn't much in the way of forward momentum.

toonaspie

I'm guessing they're waiting to see how Mary Poppins 2 does in December. I dunno how I feel about this approach cause the ride should be based on the 1964 film and that film only. Makes no sense to depend on the sequel's success for this IMO.

Also I say it's only worth building if it's a suspended ride like Peter Pan. If you're gonna make it a standard track ride, what is the point? Plus I wanna see more suspended dark rides at Disney.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Remember when this was already supposed to be under construction?
lol
Not happening...

So was the MK Theater.

You need to teach yourself the concepts of 'rumors' and 'budget cuts'.

Or, you're just a returned banned user / sock puppet with a sick vendetta. You're not making any headway with whatever you think you're doing.

NateD1226

So was the MK Theater.

You need to teach yourself the concepts of 'rumors' and 'budget cuts'.

Or, you're just a returned banned user / sock puppet with a sick vendetta. You're not making any headway with whatever you think you're doing.
latest

geekza

My fear is twofold: If the Poppins sequel is a hit, any attraction we get will be based on it, rather than the classic film. If it's a flop, management will say, "I guess people don't like Mary Poppins," and we'll never get an attraction.

Both situations are pure speculation and only come from my personal neuroses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom