• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

disneyworlddad

Advertisement
You're right, my bad. I overlooked Sword in the Stone. In my defense, when I said Arthurian, I was thinking more of the source material than Disney's adaptation.
I always loved King Arthur as a kid. I even dressed as him once for Halloween. Sword in the Stone, while fun, just isn't a great movie IMO. I do enjoy Archimedes though.

aladdin2007

Jim Hill is also saying something about a Mary Poppins Returns formal meet & greet coming to the UK? His reporting on the UK project has been spotty so I'm hoping that this isn't what is coming.
Agree I hope not just that either, but could see it happen along with an attraction..........Interestingly the UK has a new souvenir sign available for sale with a silhouette of Mary Poppins on it and it says Cherry Tree Lane. Not that it means anything of course but with the correlating rumors interesting to see.

aladdin2007

I’ve heard they are “revisiting” Coco. It seems someone has realized WS is part of a theme park, not just a festival expo center. I’ve even heard they plan to dial back festivals. I’ll believe THAT when I see it.
yeah me too, can't see that ever getting cleared, brings in too much $$$ for TDO. But its good at least someone is seeing some new light and realizes it is a theme park and not a mall.

atighe42

I’ve heard they are “revisiting” Coco. It seems someone has realized WS is part of a theme park, not just a festival expo center. I’ve even heard they plan to dial back festivals. I’ll believe THAT when I see it.
HA! We shall see how that plays out.....

Is there any truth to Hill's comments on a meet and greet as the UK project? Or do we still have the dark ride that you mentioned? It is an impressive amount of investment in World Showcase, if so.

MansionButler84

HA! We shall see how that plays out.....

Is there any truth to Hill's comments on a meet and greet as the UK project? Or do we still have the dark ride that you mentioned? It is an impressive amount of investment in World Showcase, if so.
As far as I know, still a ride. You can already meet Mary, so an upgraded M&G as part of this project would be reasonable.

aladdin2007

As far as I know, still a ride. You can already meet Mary, so an upgraded M&G as part of this project would be reasonable.
I wouldn't be surprised if they removed the beetles store in the back, which has unused space, and expanded/remodeled it into a large mary poppins meetngreet. Unless that merch does that well, but I never see anyone buying it.

Top Bottom