News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Haymarket2008

I’ve heard they are “revisiting” Coco. It seems someone has realized WS is part of a theme park, not just a festival expo center. I’ve even heard they plan to dial back festivals. I’ll believe THAT when I see it.

HA! We shall see how that plays out.....

Is there any truth to Hill's comments on a meet and greet as the UK project? Or do we still have the dark ride that you mentioned? It is an impressive amount of investment in World Showcase, if so.

ToTBellHop

HA! We shall see how that plays out.....

Is there any truth to Hill's comments on a meet and greet as the UK project? Or do we still have the dark ride that you mentioned? It is an impressive amount of investment in World Showcase, if so.
As far as I know, still a ride. You can already meet Mary, so an upgraded M&G as part of this project would be reasonable.

Haymarket2008

I wouldn't be surprised if they removed the beetles store in the back, which has unused space, and expanded/remodeled it into a large mary poppins meetngreet. Unless that merch does that well, but I never see anyone buying it.

It unfortunately is underutilized, but that beetles store is incredibly detailed. Such a great hidden gem of that pavilion.

Haymarket2008

I agree with the sentiment, but come on! You really think they'll go with the original when they have a new movie coming out?

I do, actually! An iconic, Academy Award winning film (arguably the most famous live action Disney film ever made), with some of the most famous Disney songs in the entire canon? Obviously there will be elements from the sequel, that is fine. But a ride with no Chim Chimeree, Supercal, Jolly Holiday OR the character Bert? Misfire.

ToTBellHop

I do, actually! An iconic, Academy Award winning film (arguably the most famous live action Disney film ever made), with some of the most famous Disney songs in the entire canon? Obviously there will be elements from the sequel, that is fine. But a ride with no Chim Chimeree, Supercal, Jolly Holiday OR the character Bert? Misfire.
What if Returns is really good?

I just don’t want Streep.

If the film somehow bombs, I’m sure they’ll cancel this and build a Will Smith as Genie ride in Morocco or Beyoncé as Nala ride over by Germany.

Haymarket2008

What if Returns is really good?

I just don’t want Streep.

If the film somehow bombs, I’m sure they’ll cancel this and build a Will Smith as Genie ride in Morocco or Beyoncé as Nala ride over by Germany.

Oh I hope it’s fantastic! I just think Disney can’t pretend like every single fan over the age of 20 isn’t expecting the original version or at least a healthy homage to one of its’ most famous movies ever.

Jones14

It’s hard to hope one way or the other until after I’ve seen the movie. For all we know, half the songs will make a return (see what I did there), the movie will revisit old places (such as the chalk drawings and carousel horses), and then the chief difference in the ride will be in whether the Mary animatronics vaguely resemble Julie Andrews or Emily Blunt.

Heck, it’s supposed to be the same Mary, so they could feature scenes from both movies and get away with it so long as they keep the focus on her.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How about we morph the two Marys and use that figure...

1525045618124.png

Kman101

I'd be fine if they blurred the lines between the two movies in the ride. I just think a Mary Poppins ride would be expected to be based on the classic, by most guests, regardless of the new film. But if it can capture the feel of Poppins and not just be a rehash of the current movie I'll be open to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom