• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

njDizFan

The Brave proposal would have made people very happy as a back to basics type ride. ENot sure if any of the others would have. As for the future, it will be pleasant.
I know there is a hint there I am just not picking up...

This original Brave attraction keeps getting curiouser and couriouser. So a back to basic ride but according to @marni1971 not a ride system currently in the park. So that kind of leads me back to a Snow White style dark ride, but would that even be consider a B-ticket ride? I'm sure this info will come out soon but we have been waiting quite a while now.

atighe42

Advertisement
I know there is a hint there I am just not picking up...

This original Brave attraction keeps getting curiouser and couriouser. So a back to basic ride but according to @marni1971 not a ride system currently in the park. So that kind of leads me back to a Snow White style dark ride, but would that even be consider a B-ticket ride? I'm sure this info will come out soon but we have been waiting quite a while now.
I get the impression it would have been a Fantasyland-esque dark ride. But it seems to have been neutered and de-Brave'd.

FigmentFan3

The Life I Lead
Lyrics from "Mary Poppins"
Composed by Robert B. Sherman and Richard M. Sherman

I feel a surge of deep satisfaction
Much as a king astride his noble steed
When I return from daily strife to hearth and wife
How pleasant is the life I lead
The first two words of "The Beautiful Briny" from Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Ironically enough also sung by David Tomlinson) are, "How Pleasant".

HauntedMansionFLA

I’d like to say I’m no slouch when it comes to trivia, but I hadn’t heard that one. A brief search shows that you’re absolutely right though. Great catch!
I love the Sherman Brothers and their wonderful music. That's why I' m pulling for a Mary Poppins attraction if they used their music to give a whole experience. If not, I would be happy with a MP broadway type show over at the new theatre at the MK.

FigmentFan3

I love the Sherman Brothers and their wonderful music. That's why I' m pulling for a Mary Poppins attraction if they used their music to give a whole experience. If not, I would be happy with a MP broadway type show over at the new theatre at the MK.
Totally agree. I'm actually listening to their commentary piece from the end of the Mary Poppins CD release right now haha. Very special guys that have all but framed my musical identity. I'd like nothing more than a Mary Poppins attraction. Though I was never much for characters in world showcase, I'll take a Poppins one anywhere I can get it.

doctornick

At the moment, it seems that the current proposal is a B-Ticket Mary Poppins Attraction
Someone could correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any insider has suggested that Mary Poppins is the currently planned IP -- that's just wishcasting by people on here. Certainly, it might be what is currently favored, but there's been no evidence to that effect. The only thing that has been confirmed is that the previous planned attraction/IP (which seems like it was Brave) has been un-greenlit.

Am I wrong? @MisterPenguin

DisneyFan18

Someone could correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any insider has suggested that Mary Poppins is the currently planned IP -- that's just wishcasting by people on here. Certainly, it might be what is currently favored, but there's been no evidence to that effect. The only thing that has been confirmed is that the previous planned attraction/IP (which seems like it was Brave) has been un-greenlit.

Am I wrong? @MisterPenguin
It's not wish casting on my part... I wanted the Brave attraction which was confirmed a few posts ago by @Magic Feather ... And as I explained while it isn't directly said by any insider that it is Mary Poppins or a Carousel, it was my inference based on the fact that when @RSoxNo1 asked @marni1971 if it could be related to what Jim Hill reported at the end of July about the addition being Cherry Tree Lane with a carousel and Martin answered that the changes happened after July/August, so it was my assumption based on that, and if they are going by a B-Ticket whose IP isn't Brave, Mary Poppins make the most sense as they wouldn't move either Peter Pan or Alice from Magic Kingdom for that...

HauntedMansionFLA

It's not wish casting on my part... I wanted the Brave attraction which was confirmed a few posts ago by @Magic Feather ... And as I explained while it isn't directly said by any insider that it is Mary Poppins or a Carousel, it was my inference based on the fact that when @RSoxNo1 asked @marni1971 if it could be related to what Jim Hill reported at the end of July about the addition being Cherry Tree Lane with a carousel and Martin answered that the changes happened after July/August, so it was my assumption based on that, and if they are going by a B-Ticket whose IP isn't Brave, Mary Poppins make the most sense as they wouldn't move either Peter Pan or Alice from Magic Kingdom for that...
New movie coming out next year too which is gutsie since it’s a new plot and not a remake. I guess we will have to see if permits show up and an official announcement

Top Bottom