News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

HauntedMansionFLA

I’d like to say I’m no slouch when it comes to trivia, but I hadn’t heard that one. A brief search shows that you’re absolutely right though. Great catch!
I love the Sherman Brothers and their wonderful music. That's why I' m pulling for a Mary Poppins attraction if they used their music to give a whole experience. If not, I would be happy with a MP broadway type show over at the new theatre at the MK.

FigmentFan3

I love the Sherman Brothers and their wonderful music. That's why I' m pulling for a Mary Poppins attraction if they used their music to give a whole experience. If not, I would be happy with a MP broadway type show over at the new theatre at the MK.
Totally agree. I'm actually listening to their commentary piece from the end of the Mary Poppins CD release right now haha. Very special guys that have all but framed my musical identity. I'd like nothing more than a Mary Poppins attraction. Though I was never much for characters in world showcase, I'll take a Poppins one anywhere I can get it.

doctornick

At the moment, it seems that the current proposal is a B-Ticket Mary Poppins Attraction

Someone could correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any insider has suggested that Mary Poppins is the currently planned IP -- that's just wishcasting by people on here. Certainly, it might be what is currently favored, but there's been no evidence to that effect. The only thing that has been confirmed is that the previous planned attraction/IP (which seems like it was Brave) has been un-greenlit.

Am I wrong? @MisterPenguin

DisneyFan18

Someone could correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think any insider has suggested that Mary Poppins is the currently planned IP -- that's just wishcasting by people on here. Certainly, it might be what is currently favored, but there's been no evidence to that effect. The only thing that has been confirmed is that the previous planned attraction/IP (which seems like it was Brave) has been un-greenlit.

Am I wrong? @MisterPenguin
It's not wish casting on my part... I wanted the Brave attraction which was confirmed a few posts ago by @Magic Feather ... And as I explained while it isn't directly said by any insider that it is Mary Poppins or a Carousel, it was my inference based on the fact that when @RSoxNo1 asked @marni1971 if it could be related to what Jim Hill reported at the end of July about the addition being Cherry Tree Lane with a carousel and Martin answered that the changes happened after July/August, so it was my assumption based on that, and if they are going by a B-Ticket whose IP isn't Brave, Mary Poppins make the most sense as they wouldn't move either Peter Pan or Alice from Magic Kingdom for that...

HauntedMansionFLA

It's not wish casting on my part... I wanted the Brave attraction which was confirmed a few posts ago by @Magic Feather ... And as I explained while it isn't directly said by any insider that it is Mary Poppins or a Carousel, it was my inference based on the fact that when @RSoxNo1 asked @marni1971 if it could be related to what Jim Hill reported at the end of July about the addition being Cherry Tree Lane with a carousel and Martin answered that the changes happened after July/August, so it was my assumption based on that, and if they are going by a B-Ticket whose IP isn't Brave, Mary Poppins make the most sense as they wouldn't move either Peter Pan or Alice from Magic Kingdom for that...
New movie coming out next year too which is gutsie since it’s a new plot and not a remake. I guess we will have to see if permits show up and an official announcement

Timothy_Q

New Fantasyland would have been a major flop (in my opinion) if those princess and fairy meet and greets had come to fruition. 7DMT, for all its shortcomings, was a saving grace.
Agreed.

I would have liked to see them where the circus tents are though.
Extending the “forest” aesthetic further.

doctornick

Agreed.

I would have liked to see them where the circus tents are though.
Extending the “forest” aesthetic further.

Eh. I kinda like the circus theme, it's something different. It's the execution there that is a problem. The tents should have included 1-2 more rides like a Pinocchio ride or something like Mickey's Madhouse that was once developed. As is, you have a dead end in the park with not enough to draw people there.

FigmentFan3

Eh. I kinda like the circus theme, it's something different. It's the execution there that is a problem. The tents should have included 1-2 more rides like a Pinocchio ride or something like Mickey's Madhouse that was once developed. As is, you have a dead end in the park with not enough to draw people there.
Runaway Railway should've gone in one of the circus tents with a slightly modified theme. *Mic Drop*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom