News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Matt_Black

I remember that now that you mention it, thanks. What I'm not too clear on though was Merida's intentions. I don't remember her intending to hurt her mother but I could be wrong. I remember her making a really selfish and clearly a really bad choice, but I don't remember there being any malice but like I said, I saw it only once a long time ago.

Well, the witch wasn't clear on WHAT would happen, just that Merida should feed it to her mother and that will change her fate.

CalebS

Have we reached the limit for omnimovers, dark water rides, or coasters yet?
If im not mistaken I believe at one point the UK ride (whatever it is) was slated to be opened before RAT, what happened with that? a better ride that will take longer or just Disney’s indecision

nickys

Premium Member
If im not mistaken I believe at one point the UK ride (whatever it is) was slated to be opened before RAT, what happened with that? a better ride that will take longer or just Disney’s indecision

Well I know where my money is ;)
Wait, did you mean "a better ride than Rat" or "a better ride than first slated"? Not that it changes my thoughts much!

Phicinfan

Not sure here, at one time the GotG was to go before Rat in France then they got swapped as WDW was hedging on GotG in Energy or not. Don't remember ever hearing UK was before either of them......@marni1971 ?

disneygeek90

No one's ticked about Merida complaining about a forced marriage. The problem is that the movie preached all that rather than entertained. That's my main beef with it. That's why I'd take a likeable, old-fashioned-girl character like Snow White over an empty PC avatar like Merida any day. When I watched "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", I CARED about Snow. I teared up at her funeral. But I didn't give a darn about Merida. Nothing she did moved me in the least, perhaps because I was all too aware that she was less a character than she was a statement. I do think it's completely possible for a movie character to be both, but IMO Merida failed at that. And so did the movie's script. This is just my take on it. And is why I think a Brave ride for the UK area is a very lame dumb idea. But hey, TDO's gotta push those princesses 'cause merchandising, good ideas be damned!
I personally get very different feelings. But I suppose that's why they make lots of them. We can all find different ones we enjoy.

Pixieish

I think putting anything to do with Scotland in is a risk. While they voted to stay there is still a substantial push for another referendum. For something as long term as an attraction I don't think it's worth the risk, Scotland could very well not be part of the UK by 10 years time.

That's a risk in ANY country in which there are opposing positions. One could even venture so far as to include America (we did, after all, already have one civil war...and yes, I agree that's a stretch, but still).

RobbinsDad

That's a risk in ANY country in which there are opposing positions. One could even venture so far as to include America (we did, after all, already have one civil war...and yes, I agree that's a stretch, but still).
Yes, but...
The Scots did have an actual referendum vote to leave the UK not long ago, and now with Brexit on the way there is a real threat it could happen again. The risk is much, well, riskier here. (is riskier a word?)

Pixieish

Yes, but...
The Scots did have an actual referendum vote to leave the UK not long ago, and now with Brexit on the way there is a real threat it could happen again. The risk is much, well, riskier here. (is riskier a word?)

Agreed! And yes, it totally is. ;) (English major here.)

Pixieish

Fish and chips isn't hard to get right. It's all about how fresh of fishy you have... and I want some good mushy peas as well.

Sooooo many people don't understand that good fish doesn't smell or taste fishy. My husband won't eat fresh anything but trout, but thinks frozen fish crap (Gorton's) is acceptable. As a "seafood-loving, lived-in-fishing-towns-her-entire-life" girl, it kills me.

Pixieish

I have a feeling the suits at WDW want nothing to do with a device called a "TARDIS." Just fraught with too many scary permutations, that is...

Too many sensitive guests would absolutely freak out. (Mom of 2 autistic boys here, and I see nothing wrong with it at all, but I'm an 80s kid, so there's that.)

Pixieish

I can't get my head around this. Even if you substitute England for UK, what is "0.55 hours" supposed to be? Are we supposed to think that's a long time?

@Bacon and @Herah ...I wondered the same thing. That's slightly more than 30 minutes. The TOWN I live in is huge and it takes more than that to get from one end to the other.

wdrive

I'm not quite sure I fully understand your point. Scotland could very well have a vote in the not so distant future where one of the outcomes is that they are no longer part of the UK. Having a heavily Scottish based attraction in the UK Pavilion when the UK only includes England, Wales and Northern Island won't work and would actually annoy many Scottish and British people if that happened to be the case.

Saying all that, it probably makes more sense than Frozen in Norway so I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom