Anna and Elsa Moving to Fairy Tale Hall

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Opinions aren't valid in and of themselves. I could have the opinion that those warning labels on drain cleaners are a bunch of hooey and that Liquid Plumr makes for a tasty cocktail.

That's a lot different then someone saying that characters don't belong in World Showcase.

tl77

When Epcot (and even MGM) first opened, you would hear a lot of people say "We're going to Epcot today, and Disney World tomorrow". It wasn't because they didn't know they were connected (they had to buy tickets, after all), but because they felt so completely different. Epcot was a place to learn about science and the world. MGM was a peek behind the curtain of movie magic (in the days before DVD bonus features). The Magic Kingdom was the place where fantasy reigned and anything was possible. All of the parks combined had such a wide scope that it seemed like WDW truly was a whole world of its own

Today, it seems that the distinction between the parks has been blurred to the point of nearly not existing. DAK is where you find outdoorsy characters, Epcot has international and vaguely science-ey characters, MK has the 'traditional' characters, and the Studios has the characters they couldn't fit anywhere else. While none of the individual parks make for a bad standalone park these days, the similarities between them all makes the whole multi-day experience seem less vast and less grand. Instead of needing to see everything at every park, because it's all so different, you end up with a lot of skippable experiences because they're similar to things in other parks.

To me, it doesn't mean that any one park is a 'bad' park. It's just that when you combine it all together, you see that it's just missing the grand vastness, since there are so many pervasive similarities. On my last trip, I only spent 2 days in the parks, and I felt like I accomplished everything because there are so many similarities between the parks, despite seeing a small portion of what WDW actually has to offer

Actually when Epcot first opened you'd hear a lot more people ask "Where's Mickey Mouse" and "why are all the rides so slow and educational" and that's why you now have characters and thrill rides in Epcot and MGM and will soon have Avatar in Animal Kingdom. People these days ain't interested in payin' no 90 dollars a day for no ed-u-ma-cational theme park rides, if you wantin' some ed-u-ma-cation? use the interwebs it's free. And if you want to know about the culture of Norway while you're at Epcot, get out you're smart phone and take advantage of the free Wi-fi Disney provides you, and do a Google search on Norway, this will also give something to do while you want 5 hours in line to meet Anna and Elsa ...have a magical day :D

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And who's to judge what does and doesn't belong? If the pavilion sponsors have no problem with it, what's the harm?

I am not trying to debate whether characters belong or not, just calling out someone for saying a post wasn't factual when the poster was clearly not stating fact but instead opinion. Personally I believe everyone has a right to judge, wouldn't be much value in these forums if people weren't allowed to express their opinion.

JimboJones123

Fastpasses are all gone for the first week.

I've been checking regularly, APs, with their 30 day window simply will not be able to get FPs to Anna and Elsa.

Resort guest FP+ perk only.

Chicagoshannon2

Fastpasses are all gone for the first week.

I've been checking regularly, APs, with their 30 day window simply will not be able to get FPs to Anna and Elsa.

Resort guest FP+ perk only.
Yep. Somehow we have a 60 day AP window. I stayed up til midnight last night to get Anna and Elsa FP for May 28. I had to do each person separately (we have 6 in our party) and was only able to get 3 fast passes and only 2 overlap. So even at 60 days it's practically impossible. You really need the 60 + entire trip perk of on property.

JimboJones123

Yep. Somehow we have a 60 day AP window. I stayed up til midnight last night to get Anna and Elsa FP for May 28. I had to do each person separately (we have 6 in our party) and was only able to get 3 fast passes and only 2 overlap. So even at 60 days it's practically impossible. You really need the 60 + entire trip perk of on property.
Well, it it is only resort guests....

RSoxNo1

This is another huge problem with FP+, because of the advanced bookings combined with the selection of individual times, larger groups are often not able to find Fastpasses together. The system needs to be enhanced to the point where it can automatically pull overlapping times for larger groups. That window may be smaller than an hour, but still something needs to be done.

My preference is still the old distribution rules, just done on smart phones and in park kiosks, but Disney is too consumed with the belief that advanced reservations "locks" people to their parks. The new system is a gigantic pain in the a$$. For the little advantages it offers, the tradeoff is a substantial hassle. I couldn't care less about Anna and Elsa, but I've heard the groupings problem being an issue for many large groups.

Hopefully, they realize that the solution isn't making larger gaps between the intervals (currently 5 minutes) because that's going to result in stacking of guests at the top of every interval (this would be exaggerated at 30 minute intervals or 1 hour intervals).

Under the old system Anna and Elsa Fastpasses would be gone by 10:00 AM daily. The fact that they're gone in advance shows that demand. The difference is that under the old system that group of 6 might get a 55 minute window where they could all go in together. Add in the 5 minute early/15 minute late rules and it's a non-issue.

lebeau

I stayed up till midnight and got them last night. But the only reason I was able to was that we had 60+trip. I was shut out the first couple days of the trip. It only became available at the end of the trip. And it only shows on weekday mornings. Very hard to get.

BigTxEars

I stayed up till midnight and got them last night. But the only reason I was able to was that we had 60+trip. I was shut out the first couple days of the trip. It only became available at the end of the trip. And it only shows on weekday mornings. Very hard to get.

What's a 60+ trip? I am guessing that it means at 60 days for FP+ for folks staying on property? Just trying to get cozy with all the new terminology :)

Sketch105

I think it's great that Epcot has characters in locations to where their stories originated and/or were inspired. As long as they are appropriate, I'm fine with it.

I think it is a bad idea to have Anna and Elsa visiting MK ONLY. Those 5 hour lines are not going to go away with PFH.

Also, Snow White (to allude to the analogy earlier) has been chair-less for years before PFH. she used to be on Main Street while everyone else was indoors.

walter1901

IMO, Anna and Elsa and Aurora, Tiana, Mulan, or Jasmine should meet in one room, and Cinderella and Rapunzel in another, Snow White Meet w/ Dopey near 7DMT

We had passes for Anna and Elsa but somehow they disappeared. The CM had to set it up 1 by 1 so we have literally an hour and a half ordeal with the fp's. He told me if I explain the situation they'll probably just let us all go in together....so that's my hope considering how it's all set up is crazy!!

CariBear

Not sure if this was mentioned, but a manager at Epcot said a permanent M&G was being built at Epcot for Anna and Elsa. They would be moving back to Epcot as soon as it was completed. Not sure of the validity of these statements, but this is what I was told last weekend.

aladdin2007

Not sure if this was mentioned, but a manager at Epcot said a permanent M&G was being built at Epcot for Anna and Elsa. They would be moving back to Epcot as soon as it was completed. Not sure of the validity of these statements, but this is what I was told last weekend.

Last I heard the plans for the new princess pavilion between Norway and Mexico were shelved. Maybe its back on again, and or a different location in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom