Animatronic’s Hand Falls Off During Performance of Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress

peter11435

That sounds like a design flaw in the show controller programming. I could see it repeating the same section of that theater's show, like if it was interrupted in the middle of one of the turntables behind the scrims playing, but to reset all the way back to the opening of that theaters show is poor design. I suspect that since the ride hasn't had a refurb in many years, the show controller is probably ancient and might not be capable of handling it.
Well the show isn’t exactly resetting. It continues to play out its sequence and then during the music when the theaters should rotate. The theaters remain stationary and the show begins again. Like I said the show programming is doing exactly what it does all day. Repeating the same show over and over again.

The alternative would be sitting for several minutes in silence with frozen animation.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well the show isn’t exactly resetting. It continues to play out its sequence and then during the music when the theaters should rotate. The theaters remain stationary and the show begins again. Like I said the show programming is doing exactly what it does all day. Repeating the same show over and over again.

The alternative would be sitting for several minutes in silence with frozen animation.
I always thought it was a safety thing. WDW doesn't want anybody else squished between the stage and the rotating platform.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom