Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary: A Wild Decade Preliminary Information

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
"A Wild Decade"​
A WDWCelebrations Event in honor of Animal Kingdom's 10th Anniversary​
April 22, 2008​

“A Wild Decade”
WDWCelebrations is pleased to announce its first Commemorative Event, “A Wild Decade,” in honor of the 10th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park on April 22, 2008. Building on the success of Celebration 25, “A Wild Decade” will focus on unique experiences, including group rides, photos, meals, and other special events designed to bring Disney fans together to celebrate and enjoy each other’s company. Just as all activities at Celebration 25 were approved by Epcot® management, WDWCelebrations is seeking approval by the management of Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Park for all activities scheduled for "A Wild Decade." WDWCelebrations hopes to provide a day of fun and memories marking this special occasion.
And “A Wild Decade” will be just the first of many events under the WDWCelebrations banner, as plans are already in the works for an annual Signature Event in September and more Commemorative Events marking milestones in Walt Disney World history in the future.
While details on these other events are still to be confirmed, WDWCelebrations aims to celebrate many more occasions with those who share an admiration for Walt Disney World and all the creativity and imagination that goes into this vast theme park wonderland.

7:00 am - 8:15 am Registration (Tables located inside security checkpoint)
8:45 am Turnstiles Open
8:45 am - 9:00 am Rededication Ceremony (in front of Tree of Life)
9:15 am Entrance to Theater in the Wild for Special Event with Joe Rohde
9:45 am Special Event with Joe Rohde (Theater in the Wild)
11:30 am Finding Nemo: The Musical Group Show
12:30 pm Expedition Everest Group Ride
2:00 pm History Walk (meet in Dinoland, exact location announced at registration)
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm Group Meal at Flame Tree Barbeque (Owl and Spider pavilions)
6:15 pm Presentation of Donation to DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team Project
6:20 pm Group Photo (in Dinoland, same place as History Walk meeting location)
7:30 pm Countdown to Fin (Dinosaur Last Ride of the Night Meet)

Please note this schedule is tentative and is subject to change!

Click here to register!

Since WDWMagic.com is the essential place of our organization's origin, and the majority of our guests, we felt it would be best to keep you all up to date with our latest ventures. Due to the response to our Celebration 25 threads, we have put up this new thread for discussion of our newest upcoming event for Animal Kingdom's 10th. Again, we are working with Disney, wrapping our schedule around a few *special* events set for the day, that aren't run by us. Feel free to ask us questions here or talk as we will be releasing several new and exciting announcements on this thread as the weeks count down. We have alot of surprise events in store for our schedule and many of those will remain a surprise until April 22, 2008, but we will have some new information to share soon.

Thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Thank you for posting this information. We have a lot of clients who will be there during that time and I will pass this information along to them.

Pam

imamouse

Hi Adam :wave: - Thanks for posting the tentative schedule for April 22. I'm all booked (thanks to KK) and looking forward to another fun event!

One thing I recall from C25 is that Epcot opened an hour earlier than posted on Oct 1. I believe that this is standard procedure on days when large crowds are anticipated at a particular park.

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Our schedule is still very much in a tentative form, and we are waiting for information about the company's schedule before we alter it in any major way. But, they are preparing to tell us soon... So when we do receive confirmation of that change, we will definitely update it accordingly.

It seems as if Jason won't be able to respond to this thread tonight, as he is taking his wife to the hospital as she is supposed to be going into labor soon...

EpcotServo

Ok, all signed up! I put 2, but it might be just myself.It's still kind of far out to know exactly what will be going on.
:lol:

Jerm

Adam great idea! When you guys coming out to DL for something? Next year is the 50 for Subs, Matterhorn, and Monorail!!!

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Adam great idea! When you guys coming out to DL for something? Next year is the 50 for Subs, Matterhorn, and Monorail!!!

We don't know for sure yet, but there have been some whispers within our team... But, no it won't be for next year. After that, we see it as a possibility. We seem to already have our two-three events for 2009 planned as well as 2008. 2010 is a whole different story... :animwink:

Just like I did with Celebration 25, I look forward to watching this event grow! :wave:

Glad to have your support! :wave:

Awww, man! We'll be leaving on the 19th!:(

Sure you can't bump it up a few days?:D

Sorry, but unfortunately, our event is meant to take place on the day of the anniversary, so that just wouldn't be possible. But, you can still join us for our Signature Event on September 26th through the 28th... :animwink:

Thanks for the info!!

Not a problem!

As for WDWCelebrations' first ever "Baby Watch," Jason let me know that their trip to the hospital last night was a false alarm, so they are still waiting...

imamouse

Thanks for all the updates, especially on Jason and his wife. I wish them all the best for the arrival of their bundle of joy.

Spyne

First, best of luck to Jason and his wife. Hopefully when it's time, their newborn will arrive in the world safely. :)

Second, it's great Adam to see you guys continue these fan celebrations. It truly unites the community. It was disappointing I wasn't able to attend Celebration 25, and I won't be able to attend A Wild Decade either. :(

I am returning to the "world" in September, but I think it's before those dates set for the "signature event". Man, it's bad timing, huh? :lol: MAYBE I'll be able to be with you guys for at least ONE of these in the future. But in any case, you guys will have my support. :D Also on a little side note, am I also sensing something for the Studios' 20th on May 1, 2009?

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I am returning to the "world" in September, but I think it's before those dates set for the "signature event". Man, it's bad timing, huh? :lol: MAYBE I'll be able to be with you guys for at least ONE of these in the future. But in any case, you guys will have my support. :D Also on a little side note, am I also sensing something for the Studios' 20th on May 1, 2009?

We are expecting at least two events for 2009, possibly a third (but we have yet to really discuss that option), but yes, the Studios is to tentatively be the subject of our next "Commemorative Event." We have to see how well A Wild Decade goes, but we are planning on it already. Essentially, we plan to have worked with all four VP's of WDW by the end of 2008, so that ins for future events are already established. Jason and I have often discussed the possibility of other locations for future events, and we are considering our options, but we have to cover our primary base before we start moving to the other coast... (And no, we don't have ANY tentative plans for any non-U.S. based resorts). :animwink:

wannabeBelle

Hi Adam, Thanks for the great information!!! Please send my best to Jason and his wife. I know the feeling (Sort of!!) My sister is also expecting ( twins no less!!!) and they dont expect her to carry full term as the kids are already pretty big and getting bigger everyday so I cant commit to any trips right now. I will definitely see what I can do about getting to the big event in September though. Any more information on that one that you can divuldge?? Have a Magical day! Belle

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I will definitely see what I can do about getting to the big event in September though. Any more information on that one that you can divuldge?? Have a Magical day! Belle

At this moment, all I am allowed to reveal is that we are planning a three day, four park event, with all of the things that made Celebration 25 successful, some events we are testing with A Wild Decade and a few new ones that will be a surprise for September. We are saving alot of interesting additions to our offerings for the September event as it will be our first "Signature Event." Past that, I'm sworn to secrecy... Committee NDAs and all... :animwink:

And Marie, please relay my best wishes to your sister and to your family in light of this wonderful news!

JML42691

I'm not sure, family is planning MGM on that day, so probably not, but I'll keep a look out if we do venture over there.

brkgnews

Past that, I'm sworn to secrecy... Committee NDAs and all... :animwink:

Hrmmm... I recall no NDA. Bidding starts at $20! :D

By the way, didn't you violate the NDA by mentioning the NDA? First rule of fight club and all. :lookaroun

Congrats Marie on the impending blessing for your extended family. :wave:

wannabeBelle

And Marie, please relay my best wishes to your sister and to your family in light of this wonderful news!

Wow Marie - your sister is expecting twins! How exciting!!! Best wishes to all :wave:.

Thanks all!!! As per the doctor, we are expecting two pirates (boys) to be gracing our fair family!!!! As you can well imagine, everyone is quite excited. I have already picked up some Disney clothing for the kids. Gotta start them out right you know!!! Thanks again for all your good wishes. On behalf of my sister and brother inlaw, and my parents we thank you!!! Belle

wannabeBelle

Hrmmm... I recall no NDA. Bidding starts at $20! :D

By the way, didn't you violate the NDA by mentioning the NDA? First rule of fight club and all. :lookaroun

Congrats Marie on the impending blessing for your extended family. :wave:

I 'll call that bid of $20.00!!!! ::starts humming the theme to Mission:Impossible::
Thanks so much Darlin'!!!! :kiss::kiss: Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom