Animal Kingdom Lodge

moosie

Yeah! In June we are finally making it back to WDW after 6 years and staying at AKL. Has anyone stayed there? What was it like? Do you have any tips for us? Ak was not even open when we last visited. Thanks! Moosie:sohappy:

SpectroMan

For my senior trip, we are staying there too. It looks like a great hotel. When we were planning, I found alot of information on it by just doing a search on this site.

Upvote 0

MickeyMark

We stayed there 2 years ago. What an awesome resort!! The only reason we haven't gone back is so that we could expierence a few other resorts.
My only real tip would be to try and request a room thats on the Zebra Trail, close to the elevators, preferably on the same floor as the lobby. This way you'll have the easiest access to the lobby, pool, Mara, and to get to the busses.
The place is pretty big.

Have Fun!!!!

Upvote 0

Ergens2

You will love it! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: What room catagory are have you booked. I would recommend a savannah view. Esp. if you have children. We took my niece(who was 4) last year and to see her face every morning was like Christmas!! We bought her a baby giraffe and she would sit out on the balcony and talk to her giraffe and tell it about all the animals she saw. By the time we left she knew all of the animals on our savannah. But sadly:cry: we are not staying there this year. We will be staying HAFH at Boardwalk Villas for the Food and Wine Fest.

Enjoy yourself!!!!

shell:wave:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

You didn't say if you have kids, but if you do, make sure you take advantage of the free activities. My kids loved making masks by the pool, the night vision goggles, etc. They've got storytelling by the fire, cookie decorating, etc. I wish we had more time to take advantage of it all.

Beautiful resort. Our favorite we've stayed at. You'll love it. I agree, the Savannah view is worth the extra money. Even though you can see animals from lots of different locations, there's nothing like animals right outside your balcony.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

DanStat

I love Animal Kingdom Lodge! The pool, shop and savannah are great.

Check out the reviews. At the top of the page there is a banner that says "Reviews".

Upvote 0

Kwit35

We just stayed at AKL 3 weeks ago. LOVED IT!!! My parents took advantage of FL resident rates so we got a great deal on a Savannah View room. Everything about this place is magical. The decorations, food, views...even the smells. Like Disneyfalcon said, take advantage of the free activities. The night vision goggles were soooo cool.
My recomendation is, don't go home. We hated leaving such a beautiful place.

Upvote 0
AKL is one of my favorite resorts. It is definitely worth the extra money to stay in one of the Savannah rooms.

Also, try Boma. It is a huge buffet with different types of African cuisine.But you can also get chicken fingers and fries on the kiddie buffet.

Upvote 0
I am surprised you haven't heard from AkriaRaptor....must be busy. He generally has really good insights and suggestions for AKL....he has stayed there numerous times.

Upvote 0

moosie

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice and rave reviews on AK. No kids going with us this time (our anniversary) so it will be a new adventure for two. :wave:

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by jordanyosh
I am surprised you haven't heard from AkriaRaptor....must be busy. He generally has really good insights and suggestions for AKL....he has stayed there numerous times.

:lol: Yea, busy...

moosie, you're gonna love AKL. We've been enjoying it for last several years.

Everything about the place says theming. And you'll not want to leave at the end of your visit.

It has one of the best buffets on property, Boma. One of the best sit down places, Jiko.

The resorts shop is wonderful, the pool is nice a big, and well, it has exotic animals! :D

The architecture is breathtaking. When you first walk into the lobby, you'll say "Wow" or something like that. :animwink:

Take advantage of the extra's too. They have lots of activities and things to do. Art to look at, CM's from Africa you can talk to, nightvision viewing, storytime around am open pit fire.

The place is really unlike all the other resorts (IMHO).

Have fun!

Upvote 0

bfilly

Since we're talking about AKL, I have a quick question it myself. My family wa going to stay there on this upcoming trip until my dad heard from someone that the rooms smell bad due to the animals. Is there any truth to this? I'm not sure where my dad heard this and I'm not so sure I believe this so any help would be awesome.

Upvote 0

moosie

Original Poster
Wow! Your comments are all so helpful...AKL seems to be wonderful. Bfilly, someone else mentioned an odor rumor but others have nixed it.

How would anyone compare AKL and the Polynesian? Thanks!:)

Upvote 0

Kwit35

Originally posted by bfilly
Since we're talking about AKL, I have a quick question it myself. My family wa going to stay there on this upcoming trip until my dad heard from someone that the rooms smell bad due to the animals. Is there any truth to this? I'm not sure where my dad heard this and I'm not so sure I believe this so any help would be awesome.
Did not smell anything foul for our entire trip. At least not from the animals. Actually, the lobby smelled soooo good. I think you can smell the spa when you walk in.

Upvote 0

njchris65

I'm going the first week of June and I can't wait. I stayed there last year (my first time staying at a deluxe) and it was fantastic.

The atmosphere is so relaxing and I could just watch the animals all day long.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
We absolutely did not smell anything foul. No way. That's just a bad rumor.

Yeah, I wonder who started that rumor? I guess it's a natural assumption to make since there are animals and they think it'll be like the zoo or something. But it's just a rumor. The place is gorgeous and one of these trips I will make an effort to stay there.

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

we stayed there one night, and only smelled the yumma food from the two resteraunts. evne when you are out by the pool area, it is very clean and smells nice.

with zoos you are very close to the animals, but with AKL you have several yards between you and the closest animal. so that helps with any possible trace of bad smell.

and you will love staying there, we had a great time, and exploring is the best part.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom