Animal Kingdom Lodge not doing good?

jwbeck3

Although it's probably doing fine attendance wise and that it's a faboulous resort but I was wondering if it is not doing well because I ahve gotten about 5 offers over like the pastt year offering a free night at Animal Kingdom Lodge so I didnt know if they were doing abd or not. Or are they just trying to tell people about the park?

Liver Lips

No idea how it's doing financially. Probably not great...attendance is down everywhere from what I hear. Discounts are being offered on all resorts. My in-laws are going to be staying at AL in 4 weeks though.

Upvote 0

Jodigrl328

I was wondering the same thing. I always get the mailings for discounted rates, but never for any of the other deluxe hotels. I myself would love to stay there.

Upvote 0

frank2271

My wife and I went over to AKL last year to meet up with some friends that were down on vacation and we were very excited to see the place for the first time. We were extremely impressed with it and thought to ourselves that we would stay there on our next visit. My son will be five this june so we thought that we would take him there for a couple of days to experience the animals after his B'day.

When we got into the room we couldn't be more disappointed. They were the smallest rooms on property. The space between the bed and the television cabinet was so small only one adult could pass at once. We were very surprised!!!! Having stayed at all the other Disney hotels we were expecting more.

I still plan on going there for a couple days because my son would love it and he doesn't care about the size of the room.

Upvote 0

Invero

When I went there the other day, to try out Boma... the place looked pretty busy. My guess is that Disney is trying to promote the place, and introduce the resort to folks. This way, they can stay there at a special deal, and Disney's goal is to let them see what a great place it is, and to stay there again in the future.

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

AKL is also more expensive to maintain than the other resorts. Its profit margin has got to be much lower than anything else on property.

Remember, they have got to maintain the animals, which includes extra employees, food, vehicles, the landscape, animal shelters / homes, etc.

Upvote 0

Debbie

Just this past Saturday, I received a tri-fold invitation/promotion to try the Animal Kingdom Lodge. $129.00 per nite plus a complimentary 4th nite. here's the catch: You have to catch a 90 minute presentation for the DVC.

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Originally posted by Debbie
Just this past Saturday, I received a tri-fold invitation/promotion to try the Animal Kingdom Lodge. $129.00 per nite plus a complimentary 4th nite. here's the catch: You have to catch a 90 minute presentation for the DVC.

The DVC Presentation isn't that bad, plus they give you free lunch for going. Add that to the awesome rate you're getting plus the free night, I'd say it's definitely worth it. With the free night that averages only about $100 per night. Good Deal!!!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Animal Kingdom Lodge's rooms are not the smallest on property. They are smaller than the other deluxe hotels (as is the price) but larger than the moderates. I personally stayed in a deluxe room, which is a bit larger. This resort is not doing poorly; it was completely booked in February. The deals they have apply to several (and sometimes all) deluxe resorts--I know I've seen deals for Boardwalk, Contemporary, and Wilderness Lodge. Disney makes a LOT of money by giving out those deals, cuz you still spend a ton when you are there and disney knows that. Also, I have heard very few complaints about the resort, I for one think it's the best on property, so many people recommend it to their friends.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Debbie

Go for it! Your kids can wander around looking at the animals while you watch the presentation. Or they can watch movies in the lobby. I haven't attended a presentation, though, Are they as "hard sell" as some? (anyone who has seen one.... this is your cue to jump right in! ;))

Upvote 0

J_Wilcko

Also. I just got the new Mickey Monitor in. And they are running a special if you are a Annual Passholder for 124 a nite.. So I moved my trip from the All Star Music to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by J_Wilcko
Also. I just got the new Mickey Monitor in. And they are running a special if you are a Annual Passholder for 124 a nite.. So I moved my trip from the All Star Music to the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Does it have AP discounts for AKL in October in it? I just talked to Disney today, again, and they still don't have $ for October yet. They said it would be in the Monitor when they do come out. I don't have AP's yet, thus I wont be getting the MM anytime soon until we go. :(

Upvote 0

DanStat

Originally posted by The Mom

Go for it! Your kids can wander around looking at the animals while you watch the presentation. Or they can watch movies in the lobby. I haven't attended a presentation, though, Are they as "hard sell" as some? (anyone who has seen one.... this is your cue to jump right in! ;))

[splash!]

I hate those presentations!

We went to the one @ the Boardwalk! I didn't really like the salesperson; that turned us off, and we've seen better timeshares.

Upvote 0

Beverly

Most of the postcards that I have received have been for the poly(I hate that place cause of the mildew smell it has) and just recently got the AKL one. Its for 129 a night, but no timeshare presentation. I have also gotten one for the boardwalk!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Code CGK can get you a bunch of discounts if you are going to be checking in between 6/23-8/24.

All Stars- 74 a night
Moderates- 94 a night (even though I got a postcard the other day that told me that code was good for 84 a night)
Animal Kingdom Lodge- 139 a night Standard View
Contemporary- 154 a night Garden Wing
Ft. Wilderness Cabins- 159 a night
Beach Club- 189 a night Standard View
Polynesian- 199 a night arden View
Grand Floridian- 229 a night Garden View

Other discounts may apply at other resorts. Call Disney for more information.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom