Animal Kingdom Lodge not doing good?

jwbeck3

Although it's probably doing fine attendance wise and that it's a faboulous resort but I was wondering if it is not doing well because I ahve gotten about 5 offers over like the pastt year offering a free night at Animal Kingdom Lodge so I didnt know if they were doing abd or not. Or are they just trying to tell people about the park?

tommy112973

how does one receive the brochures?? I have been 3 times in the past year and have not recieved not a one! if anyone has one, would you be willing to give it to someone that wld be goin' in Sept. 20-24 to be exact.....I will repay in a gift frm disney world, the least I could do!

Upvote 0

Thespis

Are they as "hard sell" as some? (anyone who has seen one.... this is your cue to jump right in!)
No, they are not "hard sell" at all. The salespeople are very nice and there is absolutely no pressure to buy. In fact, DVC sells as fast as they can build units. As far as I'm concerned, there is no better timeshare than DVC. They were the pioneers of point-based timeshares and nobody does it better. Since it opened, Boardwalk Villas has consistantly been at the top of the Conde Nast best resorts list. DVC owners have very little trouble trading into any of the finest timeshares in the world. That's because so many people who own other timeshares want to trade in...

Upvote 0

MarkP

My guess is that Disney goofed with Animal Kingdom (the hotel and the park). I think Disney bought into the current Afro-centric, animals-are-better-than-people culture that does not strike a chord with a significant segment of mainstream America.

We are going to Disney for 10 days in June and, even with 3 boys aged 8-11, we have no interest in visiting Animal Kingdom. In fact, no one we talk to has much interest in it.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

So how DO ya'll receive the postcards? I've been visiting WDW for years and haven't gotten anything like that! Please, do share! I really need all the help I can get to actually get to go this year!

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Also, I have heard very few complaints about the resort, I for one think it's the best on property, so many people recommend it to their friends.

I too have heard all kinds of wonderful things about AKL. I LOVE Animal Kingdom so I'm sure I'll love the resort as well. Unfortunately it will be All Star Movies for me this year but next time around I would like to spend at least a couple of nights there!

And LOL I (who have actually BEEN to AK) don't consider it Afro-Centric OR "animals-are-better-than-people". Africa is only one section of DAK, like Fantasyland and Tomorrowland are sections of Magic Kingdom. AK teaches about animals and gives you the chance to observe them in very realistic habitats. Most people never get that chance. It's not the kind of park where you run around until you drop. It's more of a place to go when you are ready to hang back a little and take it easy. After a few days of Disney craziness (GOOD craziness, mind you) I find AK a refreshing change of pace. If you're a person who needs constant entertainment and a lot of activity, it's not a good place for you. If you're the type of person who enjoys national parks and likes to relax, this park is right up your alley. Disney didn't goof with Animal Kingdom. They just expanded their horizons.;) :cool:

Upvote 0

Debbie

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
So how DO ya'll receive the postcards? I've been visiting WDW for years and haven't gotten anything like that! Please, do share! I really need all the help I can get to actually get to go this year!
the only way I can see that I receive postcards is that we were annual passholders in 1999. My name must be on some sort of mailing list from Disney related type businesses. OR.........I take part in any polling done at the parks and willingly give my address to those folks who conduct the surveys. I figure one of these has to be it because when my husband and I would go and stay on property year after year, I never received offers like these until I bought the annual passes

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by MarkP
My guess is that Disney goofed with Animal Kingdom (the hotel and the park). I think Disney bought into the current Afro-centric, animals-are-better-than-people culture that does not strike a chord with a significant segment of mainstream America.

We are going to Disney for 10 days in June and, even with 3 boys aged 8-11, we have no interest in visiting Animal Kingdom. In fact, no one we talk to has much interest in it.

I'm so sorry you feel that way! :( DAK is a "must see" on every trip (even if we have to skip the studios) and AKL is our favorite resort. Obviously, if you absolutely dislike animals, it's not for you! There are only a couple of attractions that don't include animals. (I really don't consider Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids, and Hester & Chester's area to be "animal" attractions.) However, if you have the smallest interest in animals, it's an incredible experience! But, as Erika stated, you have to take your time and relax to get the full affect....it's not a matter of running from attraction to attraction...the journey IS the experience!!! Take time to really look at things, starting at the entrance, and TALK to the CMs....that's why they're there!! Same thing at the Lodge....you've got to be willing to interact a little to get the magic...which might be difficult for people who have always had their entertainment delivered to them!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom