Animal Kingdom launches new category of dining - Picnic in the Park

Mr.EPCOT

What a cool idea! A lot of the food looks the same as Sunshine Seasons at The Land, which is yummy.

WOW! Very nice, very unique! I'm surprised this isn't DDP.

It is, it says it's Quick Service.

Hope they bring this to the other parks!

That is a very cool idea. My hubby & I are all about picnicking in the park - better yet, a Disney park. This is right up our alley! :) I'm going to try this out in May for sure. Thanks for posting!

Yeah, my friend Amanda and I have always wanted to do a picnic in those nice grassy areas throughout Future World East.

EPCOT Explorer

What a cool idea! A lot of the food looks the same as Sunshine Seasons at The Land, which is yummy.

It is, it says it's Quick Service.

Yeah, my friend Amanda and I have always wanted to do a picnic in those nice grassy areas throughout Future World East.

Ahhh...gotcha.

And so have I!:lol::D FW West would be nice too!:D

Mr.EPCOT

Which is bizarre since their system doesn't distinguish between Adult and Child Quick Service coupons. Weird.

There's no such thing as Adult and Child Quick Service coupons, only the Table Service coupons on the basic plan have a distinction between Adult and Child.

Ausdaddy

There's no such thing as Adult and Child Quick Service coupons, only the Table Service coupons on the basic plan have a distinction between Adult and Child.

Right. That was my point. The description of using the DDP on the Picnic says otherwise.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Which is bizarre since their system doesn't distinguish between Adult and Child Quick Service coupons. Weird.

The system does not distinguish. However, on your key card, it'll say how many adults and how many children you have in your party (e.g., 2 Adults, 2 Children). At least in theory, they aren't supposed to let you use more credits at one time then you have people on the plan, to stop you from using your credits for others who aren't in the room. So if you tried to buy 3 adult quick service meals at once when the card says you have 2 in the room, the CM shouldn't allow it. You could always get around that for Quick-Service by just going through a line twice -- presumably that wouldn't work for the picnic thing.

However, I don't think Disney will enforce it quick that strictly. If they do, it would mean a couple using DDP couldn't do the "Picnic in the Park" since the smallest option is for 3.

jakeman

ehh...sounds like a temporary fix for the lack of table service at the park. :shrug:
Yay baseless negativity!

I think this program has promise and Animal Kingdom is probably the best park to do this in. It will give people the opportunity to take in some of the more subtle aspects of AK and maybe even see animals they would normally pass over.

Ausdaddy

The system does not distinguish. However, on your key card, it'll say how many adults and how many children you have in your party (e.g., 2 Adults, 2 Children). At least in theory, they aren't supposed to let you use more credits at one time then you have people on the plan, to stop you from using your credits for others who aren't in the room. So if you tried to buy 3 adult quick service meals at once when the card says you have 2 in the room, the CM shouldn't allow it. You could always get around that for Quick-Service by just going through a line twice -- presumably that wouldn't work for the picnic thing.

However, I don't think Disney will enforce it quick that strictly. If they do, it would mean a couple using DDP couldn't do the "Picnic in the Park" since the smallest option is for 3.

Right, but my point was that the description doesn't make sense. I'm sure that they won't limit your picnic based on the adults listed on your card since there is no actual kids meal available in the picnic.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Right, but my point was that the description doesn't make sense. I'm sure that they won't limit your picnic based on the adults listed on your card since there is no actual kids meal available in the picnic.

I suspect you are correct on that, because otherwise the 2 adult, 2 child nuclear family couldn't use DDP for Picnic in the Park. But if they wanted to limit it, the information on your card could allow them to do so. Like I said, I don't think they'll do it, but they could if they so chose.

In any event, the cost of the meal, partiularly for a larger group, makes this thing one of Disney's better values if you pay cash.

hpyhnt 1000

This is true...:lookaroun:lol:

Speaking of, will they even let you on those raised grassy berms in FW East?

Probably not, but don't count on that nice one that was between Test Track and the Restrooms anyway; that ones been transformed into a planter with low fern-like plants. Actually looks better than the grass, and should help keep people off of there. Personally, I think the grassy area over by Imagination! and the rose path to World Showcase is the best bet, thought between Morocco and France would be nice as well. :)

Spyne

I actually really like this idea! :) It also in some way fits the style of Disney's Animal Kingdom quite a bit, what with its 'forest' like setting and all. Maybe I'll have to try this out in October when I'm down there.

EPCOT Explorer

Probably not, but don't count on that nice one that was between Test Track and the Restrooms anyway; that ones been transformed into a planter with low fern-like plants. Actually looks better than the grass, and should help keep people off of there. Personally, I think the grassy area over by Imagination! and the rose path to World Showcase is the best bet, thought between Morocco and France would be nice as well. :)

Ah, right. At least it's not more palms, right? I think we had that talk...:lol:

And yes, the path by JII would be a very nice place.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom