News Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary

bmr1591

Might be late, but are we expecting any announcements or just hoo hah about 25 years? Feels like it’d be an appropriate time.

drew81

Could DAK have all these characters out again? I remember when many of them were out every single day.

Like….Baloo, Louie, Timon, Meeko, Mushu, Terk, Lilo, Stitch, Flik, Kenai, Koda, Ratcliffe, Thumper and Miss Bunny.

Then there was that season when Country Bears, Suzy, Perla, Stanley, Wes Palm and Jungle Book Monkey were all out in Oasis.

Opening day, DAK had John Rolfe from Pocahontas 2. Only time I know he appeared at the park. Ever.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Animal-Kingdom_Full_51507.jpg

mm52200

When are the flotillas going to be phased out for good, I’m sick of seeing them hold off the Pocahontas, Up, DuckTales, and Lion King characters being exclusive to those stupid boats that don’t have a purpose in a post social distancing world anymore, it’s the 25th anniversary, so they need to be ousted by either tomorrow or by the end of the year and bring these guys back to their old spots(while the Lion King duo will find a new home) 😑

And also, can need to stop using the term “character sighting” because that’s a long dead term for 90% of the resort’s character offerings🤦🏼‍♂️
They still see a demand and want for Flotilla’s and sightings, so no.

Guests enjoy being able to see the characters in the park without waiting in long lines.

JohnD

Original Poster
Beginning tomorrow, a new Pumbaa Popcorn Bucket will be available at popcorn carts and Trek Snacks at Animal Kingdom.

View attachment 711586
That stinks ... that I won't be able to get one. Today is my checkout day and I have the Pixie pass and wouldn't be able to get in anyway (Yes, I know I could upgrade beginning Thursday but not worth it to me to pay an extra $350 just to get a popcorn bucket.)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
@mm52200 No they don't , let guests meet Timon, Rafiki, Pocahontas, Meeko, Scrooge, Launchpad, Russell, and Dug, they haven’t done regular greetings since 2020, and I have waited enough for this day to come, write letters about this and this will happen, because I was mad that I didn’t see any friends at this godforsaken park when I went last May
Plenty of face and furry character meets in AK since September 22. Lots today on the 25th anniversary day.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
@mm52200 No they don't , let guests meet Timon, Rafiki, Pocahontas, Meeko, Scrooge, Launchpad, Russell, and Dug, they haven’t done regular greetings since 2020, and I have waited enough for this day to come, write letters about this and this will happen, because I was mad that I didn’t see any friends at this godforsaken park when I went last May
You can meet the following characters in a traditional meet and greet format:
  • Chip and Dale
  • Daisy Duck
  • Donald Duck
  • Divine
  • Kevin
  • Mickey and Minnie Mouse
  • Moana
Cry harder about the flotialls 🤣. They're a fantastic addition to the park and I hope they indeed do stay for the foreseeable future.

brb1006

Could DAK have all these characters out again? I remember when many of them were out every single day.

Like….Baloo, Louie, Timon, Meeko, Mushu, Terk, Lilo, Stitch, Flik, Kenai, Koda, Ratcliffe, Thumper and Miss Bunny.

Then there was that season when Country Bears, Suzy, Perla, Stanley, Wes Palm and Jungle Book Monkey were all out in Oasis.

Opening day, DAK had John Rolfe from Pocahontas 2. Only time I know he appeared at the park. Ever.
Same here, I wish some of the characters didn't make random unscheduled appearances at AK's main entrance (especially since the demolition of Camp Minnie-Mickey) and should just make daily appearances.

MadderAdder

You can meet the following characters in a traditional meet and greet format:
  • Chip and Dale
  • Daisy Duck
  • Donald Duck
  • Divine
  • Kevin
  • Mickey and Minnie Mouse
  • Moana
Cry harder about the flotialls 🤣. They're a fantastic addition to the park and I hope they indeed do stay for the foreseeable future.
I’d rather floatillas than absolutely nothing on the river/water. They’re cute!

dreamfinder912

I think today was handled pretty well, especially compared to mk. Merch was easy to get from multiple locations, there was plenty of special stuff to do that although it was very crowded it wasn't overwhelming. The dessert trio from Tiffins was amaaaazing. It was smooth and fun. And importantly to visitors who maybe didn't know it was the 25th, regular attraction lines weren't insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom