News Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary

WorldExplorer

This is nice

The headline leaves out the fact that it's only on the boats. We're going backwards; last year they had proper character meets, plus a special boat.

And I know someone will point to Moana debuting, but (aside from the fact that the number of meet-able characters is still super low even with her addition) I don't think adding a new meet-able is the same as having a rare one out to meet. I'm not compelled to go try and see her for the celebration because she's going to be around probably forever.

(Besides, we had more than one last year.)

Last edited:

OwlHouseKing97

In the Parks
No
This is nice

Honestly, having the flotillas in a post “social distancing” world is just absolutely ridiculous, it just gives Lion King, Pocahontas, DuckTales, and Up fans who like meet and greets “disappointment”, because they can’t get to meet them, how are they still going in 2023, when every cavalcade at Epcot & Hollywood Studios have gone defunct, and Magic Kingdom has one cavalcade left, I get why they’re popular and I get why people don’t like standing in line for M&Gs or M&Gs in general. It’s just disappointing that the only regular greetings that the entertainment department has been able to bring back are Mickey & Minnie in the Adventurers Outpost and Donald, Daisy, and Chip n Dale in Dinoland, and that’s it(that doesn’t count the roaming Kevin).

I think it’s safe to say that the flotillas will need to be phased out for good, hopefully when Moana’s meet and greet will debut, and bring Timon & Rafiki, Scrooge, Launchpad, Russell & Dug, and Pocahontas(don’t expect Meeko to join her(and she’s the only princess that doesn’t have a normal meet & greet on WDW spot), sorry to all the Meeko fans) back to their old spots, unless Moana decides to take the spot of the Lion King duo and move the duo to Planet Watch(or just leave Timon in the dugouts and Rafiki would appear by himself), at least Hollywood Studios knew how to add character spots to the park earlier in the year like Max as Powerline, the Rescue Rangers, and the Incredibles, why can’t Animal Kingdom do the same.

Let’s hope they decide to phase out the flotillas after 4/22, because they don’t have the money to run those boats forever(and the park is lacking in terms of characters, otherwise I’ll just go for Pandora when I go in 2024)

BlakeW39

BlakeW39

Every single other piece of merch featured there is unique to DAK and doesn’t have any “IPs” on it. You all will complain about literally anything. The Kevin Spirit Jersey will sell more than all of those other things anyway

I don't know who you think you're talking about with that "you all," but I can complain about anything I very well please, and when that stupid schlock sells more than the DAK merch, you just give me a call pal ;)

Weather_Lady

I love the Muppets and always appreciate their appearance in anything, but the newer Kermit voice is just awful!!! It made the most recent series (Muppets Now) unwatchable for me.

Maybe I can get over it the same way I lessened my cilantro aversion - by forcing myself to consume it anyway, until it's slightly less unpalatable. This video _is_ cute... ;)

BlakeW39

I love the Muppets and always appreciate their appearance in anything, but the newer Kermit voice is just awful!!! It made the most recent series (Muppets Now) unwatchable for me.

Maybe I can get over it the same way I lessened my cilantro aversion - by forcing myself to consume it anyway, until it's slightly less unpalatable. This video _is_ cute... ;)

Agreed on all accounts. I think the Muppets are a wonderful IP that Disney is massively underutilizing, but Kermit's current VA is just....*shivers*

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes

Totally agree. His voice and his energy/personality is off

Cmdr_Crimson

Agreed on all accounts. I think the Muppets are a wonderful IP that Disney is massively underutilizing, but Kermit's current VA is just....*shivers*
Totally agree. His voice and his energy/personality is off
I wholeheartedly agree to all these posts..Matt Vogel who took over just makes Kermit sound like he literally swallowed a Frog just doesn't do it for me...Which is why I really want them to go to Muppet performer Peter Linz who plays Walter from the recent Muppet films..However, while on Sesame Street he took over for the voice of Ernie and I would rather have him perform Kermit in a heartbeat...He sound soooo much better to play him.

brb1006

I will have to take back my comments about not getting proper character meets. Baloo is hanging out where they were last year. Been told Tinkerbell is also showing up.

Edit: Fawn!
Bird!
Fawn.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's happening in my Kingdom?...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom