News Animal Kingdom 25th Anniversary

BlakeW39

Bob Iger and Josh D'Amaro better use the things found in the time capsule as an excuse to properly expand and enhance the park. Nobody wants the urban jungle that is Zootopia in a natural jungle. (Moana land could work in Animal Kingdom as long as that area has animal encounters, mainly sea animals from the South Pacific.)

Said time capsule could maybe convince Iger and D'Amaro to revive Beastly Kingdom, even if it’s in a different way from the original plans in the 90s. Oh, and said capsule could also help bring a South America and Australia land to fruition.

Not happening man. 🤷🏽‍♂️

999th Happy Haunt

WDW should treat meet and greets like Disneyland where most of "them" are just characters walking around.

They add SO much to a land's atmosphere. To me, that´s how you use IP.
Ironically Universal does characters much better than Disney imo. Most of the ones that are behind lines there are at least very unique setups like Donkey, the raptor encounter, and the transformers. Aside from those, the characters are mostly roaming, Hollywood being an awesome area in USF to find characters that are hardly ever behind a line.

doctornick

WDW used to follow Disneyland's approach up until the mid to late 2000s. You can thank the existence of Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/Mickey's ToonTown for the existence of this.
It’s different crowds and demand though. Many guests that come to WDW want to have specific places and times to meet specific characters. This demand requires longer meeting hours and results in lines and given the climate in Florida having them indoors just works better.

DL with more of their guests being regulars doesn’t have the same type of demand so those roaming M&Gs aren’t the mob scenes they would be at WDW.

TrainsOfDisney

Many guests that come to WDW want to have specific places and times to meet specific characters. This demand requires longer meeting hours and results in lines
It’s the same at Disneyland. There are specific areas you can see specific characters and those characters are pretty much always out and they always have a line.

In addition to that - many more less popular characters roam the park freely.

It’s very rare that you walk into DL or DCA and you don’t see Mickey and others out greeting guests.

UNCgolf

It’s different crowds and demand though. Many guests that come to WDW want to have specific places and times to meet specific characters. This demand requires longer meeting hours and results in lines and given the climate in Florida having them indoors just works better.

DL with more of their guests being regulars doesn’t have the same type of demand so those roaming M&Gs aren’t the mob scenes they would be at WDW.

I think this is a the chicken or the egg thing. Did they make the change because people want specific times/places, or do people want that because it's now what they're used to?

I don't think people really had a problem at WDW when characters were more free roaming (and as I said, they still do this at EPCOT sometimes, even with headliners like Mickey). Once it became a standard offering, though (likely due to FP+ rather than any other factors), people became accustomed to it and there could be a pushback if it was eliminated.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here is the letter that was inside the time capusle
dakl04262023hi1.png.jpeg

Cmdr_Crimson

It's pretty cool reading this cause im sure 2023 seemed like such a far off year back then and now here we are with a changed world and evolved technology reading reading this letter.

Would love if Epic Universe had a time capsule set for like 2055 or something
I don't even think they did one for IOA as it's 25th anniversary is next year..

No Name

Way to be a buzzkill, man! 5 users here liked my previous comment on this thread.
I choose to pretend that comment and this one are a joke. I refuse to succumb to this level of cringe!

seems kind of silly to dig up a time capsule only 25 years after it was buried. I mean people working when it was buried are still working there today.
I don’t think the video made clear the fact that the people who buried it intended for it to be dug up 25 years later, so while that’s still a fine decision to question, it was decided 25 years ago!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom