Animal Kingdom 20th

Magenta Panther

That's exactly what I read about a few years ago. A lighter-weight AA was designed and could be installed without a 6+ month outage.

THEN FOR MICKEY'S SAKE, TDO....JUST DO IT ALREADY!!!!

How long are you going to keep that broken ride operating because you're too freaking cheap to fix it? It's a joke and a blight on the Disney Company's legacy of quality. Show some freaking class and some respect to the company's founder and FIX THE YETI!

RSoxNo1

A Kali River Rapids restoration would be nice. That ride really could use a refurb or replacement water ride
While the Anandapur Village is really well themed the two attractions probably need to be reworked to get to the plot North of Asia. If any of the engineers on here can speak to how easy it is to lengthen a rapids ride I'd like to see that happen for Kali. I know I shouldn't be recommending IP based attractions, but I'd be on board with a new raft ride inspired by the Jungle Book.

Kman101

While the Anandapur Village is really well themed the two attractions probably need to be reworked to get to the plot North of Asia. If any of the engineers on here can speak to how easy it is to lengthen a rapids ride I'd like to see that happen for Kali. I know I shouldn't be recommending IP based attractions, but I'd be on board with a new raft ride inspired by the Jungle Book.

Considering there isn't much to Kali, I'd be more than OK with a new raft ride featuring The Jungle Book. That would get me to ride it again. It has long been one and done for me.

RSoxNo1

Considering there isn't much to Kali, I'd be more than OK with a new raft ride featuring The Jungle Book. That would get me to ride it again. It has long been one and done for me.
I like the idea of a rapid ride and think that Popeye and Bluto's is a fantastic attraction. The problem is, they can be limiting if someone doesn't want to get soaked. A happy medium like Splash Mountain or Jurassic Park River Adventure may be a better alternative.

jaxonp

I like the idea of a rapid ride and think that Popeye and Bluto's is a fantastic attraction. The problem is, they can be limiting if someone doesn't want to get soaked. A happy medium like Splash Mountain or Jurassic Park River Adventure may be a better alternative.

Couldn't agree more. Popeye's is incredible, but you are guaranteed to be soaked. Kali is just a waste, when it could be so great. It has good bones.

Dinoman96

I think the problem I have with the idea of a Jungle Book ride in Asia is that it really doesn't fit with the rest of that land. AK's Asia section tells the elaborate story of Anandapur, and I feel like shoehorning in Jungle Book seems kinda like a big slap in the face to all that. In all honesty, if you rethemed Kali to it, I'd argue you might as well retheme the rest of Asia to JB...

WDWTank

The ride just needs to get more guests soaked. When I went on last time I barely got a few drops of water like a little splash.

prfctlyximprct

Thanks for the reminder! We have a trip planned in late April, 2018. AK is my favorite park.so I hope they celebrate for more than one day. I love the idea of a PP-bring back the Jammin Jungle parade-I want to "Pata, Pata" with Minnie again!

My favorite song!!! I have a cd in my car that plays this lol

DisneyparkFreak

I think the problem I have with the idea of a Jungle Book ride in Asia is that it really doesn't fit with the rest of that land. AK's Asia section tells the elaborate story of Anandapur, and I feel like shoehorning in Jungle Book seems kinda like a big slap in the face to all that. In all honesty, if you rethemed Kali to it, I'd argue you might as well retheme the rest of Asia to JB...

Like they care about "theming". If they can place Arendale in Norway, they can place JB in Anandapur. Honestly, its a no brainer. If they are wanting to "Disneyfy" the pavilions in Epcot why not do it system wide? Jungle book, Indiana Jones, The Good Dinosaur, it doesn't really matter. Besides if JB2 is as good as JB1 then we can count on a park attraction of some sort. Just my 2 cents, but to me why not.

Cmdr_Crimson

Then we can FINALLY Have a reason to Ride with King Louie on a Boat Ride....;)
For anyone who is new here or don't know about this....https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/1971-jungle-cruise-no-more-king-louie.633067/

Thanks for the reminder! We have a trip planned in late April, 2018. AK is my favorite park.so I hope they celebrate for more than one day. I love the idea of a PP-bring back the Jammin Jungle parade-I want to "Pata, Pata" with Minnie again!
I'm more of a Bark & Growl & Screech & Roar....With a Little Stomp & Jump & Leap & Soar kind of guy. :D

bclane

Then we can FINALLY Have a reason to Ride with King Louie on a Boat Ride....;)
For anyone who is new here or don't know about this....https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/1971-jungle-cruise-no-more-king-louie.633067/
Remember on opening day when Dumbo's ears would flap and you could actually detach from the spinner and ride him all around the park? They should bring that effect back too! Lol! The thread you linked to is a good example of why people shouldn't be dropping acid before going to the parks.

Daveeeeed

The main problem with getting soaked for me is that swimsuits are not allowed. I really think that in the queue having changing rooms is a good idea, and then at the ride's exit, you have changing rooms that you have to go in to change back to regular park clothes. I love Popeye & Bluto, but I probably would skip it on my next trip to Uni for that reason.
Otherwise, it's such a pain no matter how good the ride is.

Biff215

The ride just needs to get more guests soaked. When I went on last time I barely got a few drops of water like a little splash.
Maybe we’re just unlucky, but we tend to come off this ride soaked, to the point we had to buy my daughter new clothes one day. My wife now puts ponchos on the kids to avoid this. I don’t mind getting wet, but I don’t want to be soaked all the way through for an attraction that is over so soon after it starts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom