Anger towards Six Flags

Sherm00

Originally posted by wdwfan65
Six flags Universal same thing :hurl:
at least universal has some ambiance and a FEW good rides. I don't like great adventure, been there once and will never go back. as for universals fast pass system i think disney is better, in universal 90% of the express passes were gone by noon, oh and even though you have an express pass your still waiting on line with the universal on site guests. disney's system is a fair. they controll the time and when you go backe later in the day they still have some left. people can't be rude and taKe all the passes. my favorite part in universal is standing on line for the express pass machines just to stand in line again. add up the time and it would be better just to stand in the standby line.

cuteypatooty78

I can't go to Six Flags even if I wanted to. We used to go to the one here in Texas all the time but seeing that they have no handicapped accessible rides and its not as magical a feeling as WDW we don't go anymore. I think the one ride I enjoyed at Six Flags was the roaring rapids but WDW is so much better!!! :)

TiggerBite

Oh I love Knoebels! We haven't been there for about two years but what a great family park...Not as large or grand as WDW but it is very family oriented, clean, I can't say enough of good things about it!

only 19 more days!:sohappy:

TiggersPooh

I constantly go to Six Flags Worlds of Adventure (6 times this year...Im going again next week)

The park is always empty (during the week)

so there isnt a need for the line pass thingy lol

mickey04

Originally posted by s25843
I Don't even bother going to our Local park (Canobie Lake) its just a waste of time and money. I don't see how spending $25 on admission for a bunch of carnival rides.
I don't know, I kinda like Canobie. As long as I convince myself not to compare it to Disney, I can have a pretty good time on their rides.
Our Six Flags (New England) also has the Fastlane and I grudgingly payed for it and while it is quite a bit better than Fastpass, but its just so much money. Actually, if I had never heard of Fastpass (as a free service) I probably would have thought it was a great idea, but since I know that Disney introduced it for free, it makes me mad that Six Flags would charge $20 a pop.

dox

I've been to Great Adventure several times this summer and the Fastlane (a/k/a Qbot) is dreadfully unfair. Actually it is more than $20 i believe. Isn't it 20 for one person and then 10 bucks each additional person. One positive aspect is that the lines at GA are unreal, especially the new Superman ride. Although you really can't do much during your wait time, as all the rides have enormous lines equal to your next ride time, you can at least avoid being out in the heat and the sun.

As for Universal, it was my understanding that they recently started charging for their version of fastpass. I read that on this site recently regarding someone visiting Shrek 4-D. I haven't been to universal since summer of 2001, but I do remember that their version was a bit difficult and you waited way too long on their fastpass return lane.

Frankly, just being impartial WDW's version of Fastpass is still the most superior and the fairest. It's open to everyone at no extra charge. Your return wait time is very minimal. There are always several fastpass booths. I have recommended Fastpass to my friends who are first time visitors and they always return so happy and thanking me. I had a friend who returned just last week, first visit, and first for his son and family. The whole system made his trip far more enjoyable and relaxing.

Universal and Six Flags can't say the same.

lentesta

Premium Member
FWIW, I've spoken to the the guy that invented the Fastlane (a.k.a. Lo-Q, I believe) thing a couple of times. Called him one night after reading about him in Wired. Sent him some papers I'd had published on the topic of touring theme parks. He was very nice, but I never heard back from him. But their approach, if I understand it, is from the perspective of management, while ours (the Guide's) is from that of the consumer. It's an interesting concept, though.

Len

rokcandy

Yeah...SF should not be charging for the feature. Heck, they shouldn't even really be using it. But hey, people copy and revise... Anyhow, SF isn't anywhere near Disney, and I would NEVER pay them extra for a faster line...just go after it rains...there's nobody when that happens @ SF Great America.

mousefan17

Originally posted by s25843
I Don't even bother going to our Local park (Canobie Lake) its just a waste of time and money. I don't see how spending $25 on admission for a bunch of carnival rides.

just a little note.....if you go to canobie on the first day that it is open for the season, you can get a one day admission good to use any time that season for like $15! thats what my family does!

And as for six flags using fast lane.... thats the name Massachusettes uses for the toll booth thing so you dont have to stop!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I used to have a season pass to six flags all the time when I was an unruly teen :lol: But now...ick... why even bother going for a day... The parks are dirty... the employees are rude as hell... ugh... And I would just wind up comparing the place to WDW...

So now I just save up and I go to WDW at least once or twice a year instead :)

DisneyFan 2000

Why is Six Flags under the name "theme park" when it's such a lousy amusement park?

How come people always hear that there coasters get stuck and that people die??? How irresponsable... I was concidering going to one on a trip in holland but now I'm terrified to death!!!

That is why Disney rules!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Is warner bros movie parks anything like that? Because Warner bros. theme parks actually seem nice unlike six flags.. What do you guys think?

Agent1964fem

My husband and I took a trip to Great Adventure 8 years ago. We waited 3 1/2 hours to get on The Batman roller coaster. Not only were the people in line rude and line cutting. They had people selling water for 5 dollars a bottle.
Just for the record...the ride wasn't worth 3 1/2 hours.

Wilderness Lodge Aug 1997
Caribbean Beach Aug 2003

Even miracles take a little time.

Fairy God mother in Cinderella.

nikechic

Originally posted by mousefan17
!
And as for six flags using fast lane.... thats the name Massachusettes uses for the toll booth thing so you dont have to stop!

So true So true. Gotta love speeding on the MassPike.

I am not surprise they are charging for this little feature at Six Flags. I mean what at Six Flags is cheap. NOTHING. It is like three bucks for a 20 oz bottle of water. My fiance used to work at the Great Escape in Lake George and would tell just to leave the park and go across the street for Ice Cream and hot dogs and then come back later in the day. Saves a family of four easily 20 a meal. I thought this is really ironic because he was a food Manager. Sorry to ramble I just think Six Flags is a rip off.

dox

LOL. My best bud and I are season passholders at Six Flags GA and we've been doing the same thing. We may snack during the day, but we'll eave the park to this little strip of restaurants right outside the park for a meal.

Well, I'm a huge Disney Freak, the word "fan" doesn't do me justice. That being said, I enjoy Great Adventure as they have some awesome roller coasters. We do however spend part of our time critiquing the upkeep and the unruly disgusting clientele there. But Disney is far away and a few rides on Medusa and nitro makes the distance bearable.

The_CEO

I think it's time for another Justin Momment here. lol

Ok, at Cedar Point they have the same thing in relation..

Cedar Point lets you ride TWO of their big rides, you stand in line

* BELOW *

and get your hand stamped. One ride for each hand. You then return to the ride entrance with your hand pass. heh.. They really ink up your hand so you can't use it anymore!

The thing is, the lines for it are a joke!
The time you get up to the booth, you get one for 9:00 that night.
This line was for 2K Force, the line for the Fast Track or w/e.

It's line went all the way past Steel Dragon. Which is farther than Mantis's turn around in the top left of the pic.

mickey04

Originally posted by mousefan17
That's funny. I noticed that too on the drive back from Six Flags.

Nineinchnailsmk

I don't know about anyone else, but the Six Flags in Gurnee (Chicago) has turned into this gang-banger hang out. Every time I go there all I see are colors and people representing. I find it disgusting, and I will NEVER go back there again. Last time we were there (my fiancee and I) we had to deal with a group of people in line by us smoking pot etc. It was the worst. It also doesnt help that a family season pass is so cheap that it pays for itself in two trips (not to mention a single day pass is up in the $40s). I'd rather keep my money and spend it at WDW. The food is outrageous too!

Six Flags Great America is not a theme park, it is a gang hang out and a bunch of degenerates hang out there.

Oh well, what can you do?

Im off of my soap box now. Six Flags just thoroughly disgusts me. I will NEVER go back! (I said it once, and I'll say it again!!!!):fork:

:brick: :brick: :hurl: :hurl: :dazzle: :dazzle: :fork: :lookaroun

rokcandy

^^^I agree...it's disgusting there...and the employees are horribly rude. You might even see my dad yelling @ one of them, it happens a lot. :lol: We only go during the last hour it's open, once/week. Once I grow out of the roller coaster thing, I doubt I'll ever go to a SF park again. If I don't grow out of it, well then, I better save a lil extra, cuz I need my thrill ride fix. Disney's not even close to that department...WDW's my 'quality family vacation' fix. :)

Figment1986

I remember how Six Flags is begining to use the term, "Thrill Park" instead of theme, due to the current owners of the parks have gone from any theme to complete thrills.

Busch still has theme in thier parks and are not bad.

How does everyone here think about Busch's parks which include Busch Gardens Tampa, Willamsburg.

Sea World San diago, Orlando, Texas (forgot where)

mickey04

Originally posted by Figment1986
Busch still has theme in thier parks and are not bad.

How does everyone here think about Busch's parks which include Busch Gardens Tampa, Willamsburg.

Sea World San diago, Orlando, Texas (forgot where)

I went to Williamsburg last April. Good park, although the layout is confusing and the maps don't help much. The rides are very much more about thrills over theme than Disney, but better than Six Flags. However, I was massively disappointed in the Pompeii ride there. I had heard great things and although the effects are very good, the entire ride lasts only 1 or 2 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom