Angel Experiment 624

drew81

Original Poster
Angel(Experiment 624) from Lilo & Stitch: The Series is rumored to be coming to Walt Disney World. She will more than likely go to Animal Kingdom replacing Lilo sometime down the road.

mm52200

Why would they do this? I think this is a bad idea. Why would you replace Lilo with a character from a TV series that hasn't been on in years and was in a video sequeal. I hope it doesn't happen.

drew81

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom rarely gets new or different characters. Once in a blue moon they will ex. Thumper and Miss Bunny. I am all for it if they bring her.

jt04

Perhaps they are hoping this will keep guests from noticing the Yeti is not working.

But seriously, it seems whenever they decide they need to add new content the attitude is, "just throw something from Stitch at it".

I am sure it is only a matter of time before the Yeti is replaced with a Stitch character and CMM is converted to "StitchLand". All with the ultimate goal of converting the park to ""Stitch Kingdom".

No wonder they sent Rohde to Hawaii.

flavious27

Why would they do this? I think this is a bad idea. Why would you replace Lilo with a character from a TV series that hasn't been on in years and was in a video sequeal. I hope it doesn't happen.

More female characters in other parks?

disnyfan89

Im glad to see we don't overreact here at WDWmagic about simple little changes that have little to no impact to the guest experiance like those other forums do. :rolleyes:

MarkTwain

That character is a huge hit in the Japanese parks, but then the Japanese fans tend to be big fans of any character regardless how obscure they are, as long as they're cute enough.

Not sure the character will have the same impact over here...

blm07

Can't they afford Lilo AND Angel? :shrug: I mean, why replace Lilo when you could have Angel and Lilo fight over Stitch?

Monorail Lime

That character is a huge hit in the Japanese parks, but then the Japanese fans tend to be big fans of any character regardless how obscure they are, as long as they're cute enough.

Not sure the character will have the same impact over here...
Thumper and his girlfriend who doesn't even have a name are the two most popular characters at TDL right now due to this being year of the rabbit in the Chinese zodiac. They are EVERYWHERE!

TDL is weird. :lookaroun

DisneyNut2007

Thumper and his girlfriend who doesn't even have a name are the two most popular characters at TDL right now due to this being year of the rabbit in the Chinese zodiac. They are EVERYWHERE!

Thumper's girlfriend HAS a name: Miss Bunny.

Also, those two characters have been popular out there for several years.

As for Angel, it'd be awesome to see her in the US parks, but I wouldn't her to displace Lilo--Lilo still needs to have a regular location to greet guests at.

NewfieFan

TDL is weird. :lookaroun

Isn't her name Miss Bunny!?!

Ok, who is Angel 624? I'm pretty up on Stitch (my kids do like the movies) but I don't know who this Angel is! I once saw a pink plush of a character who looked an awful lot like Stitch... is that her?

*Edit ~ I guess this is her!?!

29f9edl.jpg

mm52200

I didn't mean to come across the way I did in my first post so sorry about that. My thing is if they were doing this back when the show was still airing new episodes and was still even shown on TV I think it'd be a great idea. However, that's not the case and I just feel if they were to do this now and take out Lilo it'd just wouldn't be a smart move. Considering the film's name is Lilo and Stitch I think it's important to be able to meet Lilo somewhere in the parks.

JohnLocke

Think I have to agree with most, if this is for real, it makes no sense. If they had brough her into the parks when the show was still on, sure, but as is, there's really no reason to switch out Lilo for her.

Azerin

Isn't here name Miss Bunny!?!

Ok, who is Angel 624? I'm pretty up on Stitch (my kids do like the movies) but I don't know who this Angel is! I once saw a pink plush of a character who looked an awful lot like Stitch... is that her?

*Edit ~ I guess this is her!?!

29f9edl.jpg

Yes, that is Angel :) DLP had her as part of the "New Gen Festival"... can see pics here: Angel

drew81

Original Poster
If Angel does come to WDW I would doubt they would retire Lilo. I bet she would still be at Ohana character breakfast.

asianway

If Angel does come to WDW I would doubt they would retire Lilo. I bet she would still be at Ohana character breakfast.

I think there is a bit of Stitch fatigue though. He never has a line of more than 4 or 5 people when I see him at EPCOT. Being in all 4 parks, Typhoon, and Ohana is probably a bit overkill at this point.

tecowdw

Not that Lilo & Stitch have really fit the Animal Kingdom theme anyway. I've not understood their presence for a meet and greet there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom