"Andy is Coming!"...Buzz and Woody fall down??

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Like what? What have people done/seen work to get interactions like this?
Your best bet to get good interactions with the characters is just to interact with them, talk to them about their story. So many people just walk up to them stand there for their pictures and expect great interactions. Even just Hello, how are you?, please and thank you can go along way too! No one likes to be treated like a photo prop.

joanna71985

Well, I don't know anything that would be like that. But I've been able to have good conversations (or interactions, if the character can't talk) by talking about things from their movie

DancingPhoenix

You can ask Carl and Russel where Kevin is, and they'll probably react looking for him or miming "where did she go?!"
Like others have said, it is really dependent on you not the character. Having the trading pins has gotten a lot of fun interactions for me. Like Ariel seeing all my Belle pins and commenting on how you can't read books underwater and to not tell Belle she said that!

tinkerblonde11

On interactions, Tink is my favorite character so when I was little up to teen years I either had the light up spinny thing of her or a pin and have gotten great interactions with characters over them. Peter Pan came up to me and commented on the spinner during Spectromagic. And Captain Hook and Smee naturally went crazy over it. Other characters have commeted too, those just come to mind (for obvious reasons;) )

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Like what? What have people done/seen work to get interactions like this?
You WANT an interaction where they drop? Sounds lame to me.
People don't realize that you get out of character interactions what you put in. Be playful but not obnoxious. Avoid cliche questions. Talk to the character, not their friend.

Meredith

You're welcome to try it (however, just know the characters will ignore it). Believe me, there are a lot of other things you can say/do to get a good character interaction
Got any suggestions? When I go I am gonna buy a Mickey mouse caramel apple and go and show it to MIckey himself.

joanna71985

Got any suggestions? When I go I am gonna buy a Mickey mouse caramel apple and go and show it to MIckey himself.

Some of my favorites:
*Ask Belle what her favorite book is, what book she is currently reading, if she knows what the Beast's favorite story is, ect
*Ask Rapunzel what she uses to keep her hair so nice, where her frying pan is, how Pascal/Flynn/Maximus are doing, ect
*Find out from Merida how princess lessons are going, ask about archery, ect
*Ask Alice if she has been to tea with the Mad Hatter, if the White Rabbit is still late, ect

Stuff like that (just to name a few)

EOD K9

My wife and I met Captain Jack Sparrow on Castaway Cay last February. We asked him what it is like to be a passenger on board and not be in charge. He told us in his usual CJS way that the cruise is not over and he is in the market for a ship...as it were. You just have to ask the right questions.

boojovi

We were at Magic Kingdom yesterday and YES buzz fell to the floor when a guest said "Andy is Coming!" Im thinking you will get the same results depending on a few things such as luck, who is playing Buzz at that time and how many people are in line. Also another guess did "power him down" and he did need to be "powered back on".

CarlFredricksen

Original Poster
People don't realize that you get out of character interactions what you put in. Be playful but not obnoxious. Avoid cliche questions. Talk to the character, not their friend.

I said I want interactions where they drop dead? News to me. I believe I started this thread b/c I stumbled across the original picture and didn't know if it was true or not. And nownthe thread has morphed into interesting/obscure interactions with characters. And actually, thanks to @joanna71985, she listed a few "cliche" questions to ask that you advised to avoid, however would seem to make an interaction with a character a little different and pretty neat! Thanks Joanna!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I said I want interactions where they drop dead? News to me. I believe I started this thread b/c I stumbled across the original picture and didn't know if it was true or not. And nownthe thread has morphed into interesting/obscure interactions with characters.
Sorry, when you said "like this" I assumed you were talking about the subject of the thread.

joanna71985

I said I want interactions where they drop dead? News to me. I believe I started this thread b/c I stumbled across the original picture and didn't know if it was true or not. And nownthe thread has morphed into interesting/obscure interactions with characters. And actually, thanks to @joanna71985, she listed a few "cliche" questions to ask that you advised to avoid, however would seem to make an interaction with a character a little different and pretty neat! Thanks Joanna!

You're welcome :)

Meredith

Some of my favorites:
*Ask Belle what her favorite book is, what book she is currently reading, if she knows what the Beast's favorite story is, ect
*Ask Rapunzel what she uses to keep her hair so nice, where her frying pan is, how Pascal/Flynn/Maximus are doing, ect
*Find out from Merida how princess lessons are going, ask about archery, ect
*Ask Alice if she has been to tea with the Mad Hatter, if the White Rabbit is still late, ect

Stuff like that (just to name a few)

Thanks i will try that out when I go in June.

Timekeeper

If a guest wants to see a character drop, it's not that difficult to accomplish...

MickeyMouseKick.jpg

:eek:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I like to scold Mickey for calling Bob Iger the boss when they debuted the Disney Dream ship. At a character breakfast, when Mannequins was still open, I teased Minnie that Mickey was probably never gonna put a ring on it(Before the song) because I saw him playing with the field mice at Mannequins

THOSE were classic interactions! I didn't do much character interaction, but when I did, it was always my goal to be different

wdwstateofmind

There is a video on youtube where someone asks them if it's true and they confirm it used to, but since people found out they would have to do it constantly so they stopped as I assume it became a liability...

@0:41

Paul jr

There is a video on youtube where someone asks them if it's true and they confirm it used to, but since people found out they would have to do it constantly so they stopped as I assume it became a liability...

@0:41

This was already posted a week ago by lego606 on the page 2 of this tread

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom