Trip Report And then there were 6! September 2022

Hi Friends!

We're back and I am feeling that post-trip sadness HARD :cry: What better way to fix that then to relive our insanely fun week??

First off - The title. We had originally planned this trip for 5 but had a late addition. Brittney, Jeremy's girlfriend, was able to get out of work and book airfare the day we left (for what she paid she could have gone 3x times but hey not my money) She was also able to get a park ticket and reservations for the same parks we already had planned. Adding her last minute caused me a little stress with MDE on the first day but overall she was a welcomed addition. And then there were 6!

Who:
Left to right - Brittney, Jeremy, Ciara(ME), Taylor, Billy (my husband) and Kayla

2022-09-18 - Epcot - Norway at Epcot.jpeg

Taylor is my best friend and we joke she is like our child LOL

When:
September 17th-24th 2022

Where:
POP Century

Why:
Mostly to celebrate Billy and I's 1 year wedding anniversary - With friends and family who were there for our special day :inlove: But it was also Brittney, Jeremy, Taylor and Kayla's first time to WDW.

We had an incredible week in Orlando filled with lots of rides, eating and drinking around epcot, rain.... some more rain and a VERY long day at universal studios.

Let get into it!

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
This trip report should be interesting. I have almost no notes and a ton of photos. We all shared them in a folder, so you get 6 different point of views :geek:

Travel Day- September 16th 2022

Taylor, Billy, and I were all on the same flight leaving PDX at 7:15pm. After getting through security, we had a little bit of time. Deschutes brewing was right next to our gate so why not get some food and a drink? It wasn't morning but Tay and I decided on mimosas. Billy opted for a fresh squeeze beer. We all grabbed a to-go sandwich and downed em' I believe they were turkey cucumber. They were good and we were very hungry.

Then we waited. And waited. And waited for our drinks. I looked at the clock and was very concerned. We were early but now we were late. It was a mobile order situation so we had not talked to an actual person yet. I grabbed a waitress and she was an angel. She ensured we got our drinks next, grabbed our checks and got us on our way. We may have been some of the last people on that flight but we made it! It was a quick first flight and then we had a 1.5 hour layover in Salt Lake.

IMG_7486.jpg

We took this time to grab some more drinks and some photos. We were relaxed and officially on vacation :hilarious:

IMG_7487.jpg

Taylor facetimed some friends

IMG_7497.JPG

Tay and I both had a local peach seltzer. You'll notice we tend to drink the same thing. Billy had an old fashioned - His favorite. We boarded our next flight on time and we all slept a little. But not much...

IMG_7515.jpg

Soon enough, we were here

IMG_7519.jpg

No not there! Here

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7517.jpg

IMG_7518.jpg

The FONORAIL!! At this point it was about 6am the next day. The blood was pumping and we were excited! We were on a little mears shuttle with only one stop at POP. On the way I purchased genie+ for the group. I had a plan and I was excited to try the service out. At 7am on the dot I tried to booked our first LL for slinky dog but the times were too early. We wouldn't enter the park until 2pm at the earliest. I kept refreshing until I got a 2:30-3:30pm window. Success #1! We arrived in no time. Taylor was amazed by the hotel. She couldn't get over the detail in everything and also how large it was. The lobby was empty so we got in line at the check in desk.

No text but would our room possibly be ready?

Last edited:

Ciara

Original Poster
September 17th, 2022

We walked up to the check in counter to set-up our magicbands for individual charging and see if our room was possibly ready. I knew the chances were slim but we were all tired and hopeful… No such luck. The CM gave us celebration buttons and told us to keep checking the app.
Well, what do we do now? We dropped our bags with bell services and wandered into everything pop. We browsed the merch and Billy picked up his refillable mug so he could get coffee. Not wanting to carry one around, I decide to share with him for now. I suggested we hop on the skyliner to get the feel for it and maybe head to the boardwalk for breakfast. There was no protest from the others, so we found our way to the station and away we went.

IMG_7521.jpg

THE SKYLINER! Dare I say my favorite part of the trip? Ok that may be a bit dramatic but it was awesome. A fantastic addition to WDW since our last trip. We often had the gondola to ourselves, it was very efficient, relaxing and so cool to see things from a different point of view. Plus, the breeze on a hot day was nice.

IMG_7523.jpg
IMG_7525.jpg

We arrived at Epcot about 15 minutes later. The park had just opened for early entry but the turnstiles were deserted. If only we could have gone inside. Instead, we walked to opposite direction looking for breakfast.

IMG_7526.jpg
IMG_7527.jpg
68510958092__1A388FE8-4587-4730-BB26-ECEEF9BDD6DE.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_7530.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg

It was a calm morning. We enjoyed walking around and taking photos of our surroundings. We started to get pretty hungry so we backed track to a place I have always wanted to try and knew served breakfast.

IMG_7533.jpg

Any guesses where?

fractal

September 17th, 2022

We walked up to the check in counter to set-up our magicbands for individual charging and see if our room was possibly ready. I knew the chances were slim but we were all tired and hopeful… No such luck. The CM gave us celebration buttons and told us to keep checking the app.
Well, what do we do now? We dropped our bags with bell services and wandered into everything pop. We browsed the merch and Billy picked up his refillable mug so he could get coffee. Not wanting to carry one around, I decide to share with him for now. I suggested we hop on the skyliner to get the feel for it and maybe head to the boardwalk for breakfast. There was no protest from the others, so we found our way to the station and away we went.

View attachment 669729

THE SKYLINER! Dare I say my favorite part of the trip? Ok that may be a bit dramatic but it was awesome. A fantastic addition to WDW since our last trip. We often had the gondola to ourselves, it was very efficient, relaxing and so cool to see things from a different point of view. Plus, the breeze on a hot day was nice.

View attachment 669738View attachment 669737

We arrived at Epcot about 15 minutes later. The park had just opened for early entry but the turnstiles were deserted. If only we could have gone inside. Instead, we walked to opposite direction looking for breakfast.

View attachment 669736View attachment 669735View attachment 669734
View attachment 669731
View attachment 669733
View attachment 669730

It was a calm morning. We enjoyed walking around and taking photos of our surroundings. We started to get pretty hungry so we backed track to a place I have always wanted to try and knew served breakfast.

View attachment 669732

Any guesses where?

Boardwalk bakery?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom