And I Think to Myself....What a Wonderful World with Magic Friends

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Had my MRI this afternoon - however the doctor ordered one for the foot and one for the calf, and so far th insurance only approved the foot one, so that's all they did. I might have to go back for the other one later this week. :mad:

I bet you're getting a LOT better on those crutches. Years ago I got pretty good on those things. I could outpace several of my friends that were on foot with my four legs. I could also swing my right leg over the hump in the car and drive leftfooted. (is that a word?)

Nemo14

I have callouses on my hands from them. I can pretty much get around anywhere now though - even in and out of the shower!

unkadug

I have callouses on my hands from them. I can pretty much get around anywhere now though - even in and out of the shower!

I know it's a pain, but I guess it could be worse...

Just think you can probably beat people in arm wrestling now! :lookaroun

It really does do wonders for upper body strength.

Nemo14

I know it's a pain, but I guess it could be worse...

Just think you can probably beat people in arm wrestling now! :lookaroun

It really does do wonders for upper body strength.
It is a nuisance, but compared to my little "Brain" experience 2 years ago, this is a piece of cake. Even the MRI wasn't bad, since I just had my feet inside.

Nemo14

So the insurance company approved the MRI for my calf, so I have to go back tomorrow for that, thenn Tuesday I get the results from the doctor. BTW, today is the 2-week anniversary of the injury. Good thing I wasn't bleeding to death....:rolleyes:

tigsmom

So the insurance company approved the MRI for my calf, so I have to go back tomorrow for that, thenn Tuesday I get the results from the doctor. BTW, today is the 2-week anniversary of the injury. Good thing I wasn't bleeding to death....:rolleyes:

((HUGS))

sometimes I think those insurance companies have no brains at all. :brick:

Nemo14

Just back from the orthopedist. Apparently I have torn my plantar fascia, which is probably better than tearing the Achilles tendon. I have to wear the boot for at least 3 more weeks, til I see him again, and then I'll have PT. I was hoping to get the boot off today, but it's not ready yet, and apparently it will take quite a while even after the boot is gone. So much for summer....:(

Uponastar

Just back from the orthopedist. Apparently I have torn my plantar fascia, which is probably better than tearing the Achilles tendon. I have to wear the boot for at least 3 more weeks, til I see him again, and then I'll have PT. I was hoping to get the boot off today, but it's not ready yet, and apparently it will take quite a while even after the boot is gone. So much for summer....:(

:(

((HUGS))

Looks like you and the boot will be spending a bit more time together.

unkadug

Sorry to hear this.

BO567012MonaGetWellBear.jpg

Disneybird

So I'll keep my fingers crossed that in 3 more weeks you get to boot the boot.

Oh, and the best muscle tone I ever had in my arms was from 8 weeks on crutches. Trying to be positive here.

Nemo14

:(

((HUGS))

Looks like you and the boot will be spending a bit more time together.

Sorry to hear this.

BO567012MonaGetWellBear.jpg

So I'll keep my fingers crossed that in 3 more weeks you get to boot the boot.

Oh, and the best muscle tone I ever had in my arms was from 8 weeks on crutches. Trying to be positive here.

Thanks everyone :kiss: - I was having a little pity party this afternoon, but I'm doing OK now. It is what it is and could have been so much worse....:eek:

joanna71985

*hugs* Betty! I'm sorry to hear that you and the boot need to spend more "quality time" together

tigsmom

((HUGS)) sorry to hear this, but maybe a rest is what you need :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom