And I Think to Myself....What a Wonderful World with Magic Friends

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Gotta love a sympathetic flamingo! :D

picture.php

:ROFLOL:

Is that flamingo copying the frozen Mai Tai in your hand also?

Nemo14

So... I had my follow-up visit yesterday. The good news is that I am healing, and I can take the boot off from time to time. Physical therapy starts this afternoon.
The bad news is that I'm still in the boot and apparently will have to wear it to start school next week.....

On the brighter side, Dave, the boot, and I went to see Judy Collins last night, and she was still awesome! :sohappy:

unkadug

I'm glad to hear you are healing.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Judy Collins.

I'm not so sure about you naming the boot! :lol:

:wave:

tigsmom

So... I had my follow-up visit yesterday. The good news is that I am healing, and I can take the boot off from time to time. Physical therapy starts this afternoon.
The bad news is that I'm still in the boot and apparently will have to wear it to start school next week.....

On the brighter side, Dave, the boot, and I went to see Judy Collins last night, and she was still awesome! :sohappy:

The boot is just an inconvenience...so glad you are healing and physical therapy is a good thing. I <3 Judy Collins, glad you guys enjoyed yourselves :wave:

Nemo14

Well, I had my first PT this afternoon, and it went well. The therapist was impressed with the amount of movement I have already, and gave me some exercises to do to strengthen it. Next week I have whirlpool treatments, and probably increase the exercises. I finally feel like there's a light at the end of this tunnel. :D

The best part was that I asked him if I'd be able to do Disney in a month (DH will be there for a week with his sister and I'm supposed to join them on the weekend), and he said that he thought I could, although I can't do 4 parks in a day or whatever. :sohappy:

Nemo14

We're about a mile from the beach, on the bay. We should be fine about the water, I'm more concerned about a tree landing on the house. We have several big maples on the property.

Nemo14

Thanks. It looks like it might deteriorate to a TS before it gets here tomorrow morning. They've already called off school for Monday.

Nemo14

Well, the storm is just about gone - still getting a few strong gusts, but for the most part Irene is history. We lost our power from 9 this morning 'til 5 this afternoon, but our trees did well - no serious damage done. We just took a short drive through the neighborhood, and there are a lot of trees and limbs down, so we were pretty lucky I guess.

unkadug

Well, the storm is just about gone - still getting a few strong gusts, but for the most part Irene is history. We lost our power from 9 this morning 'til 5 this afternoon, but our trees did well - no serious damage done. We just took a short drive through the neighborhood, and there are a lot of trees and limbs down, so we were pretty lucky I guess.

Glad to hear that you survived.

I read in the paper today about some historic building in Providence that got bulldozed by the owner over the objections of the City. The owner thought that it would be a hazard during the hurricane. :hammer: It seems criminal charges will be now be pressed.

Nemo14

Glad to hear that you survived.

me too! :lol:

I read in the paper today about some historic building in Providence that got bulldozed by the owner over the objections of the City. The owner thought that it would be a hazard during the hurricane. :hammer: It seems criminal charges will be now be pressed.

I'm not sure that we're hearing the whole story there. The buiding was an old school in very bad shape and originally the city ordered it torn down on Saturday. Then the mayor changed his mind and issued a restraining order against the demolition crew, who ignored it and tore the building down anyway. I'm sure there's graft and corruption involved, after all, this is Rhode Island, but I'm not sure where the biggest blame is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom