An extra day or a better resort?

I'm planning to book a trip to Disney in June. I can afford either 6 days at the Wilderness Lodge Villas (we're DVC members, so we only have a certain number of points) or 7 days at Old Key West (our home resort). We've stayed at both places before and they're both very nice, and I'm lucky to get to choose between them. I absolutely love the Wilderness Lodge, and I find that the trips I get to stay there are the best. I haven't had the means to go there for several years and would really like to go, but I would also really like to have an extra day. This should be an easy question to answer, but for some reason I'm very conflicted.

Any suggestions? What would you do?

ParentsOf4

6 or 7 days, what does it matter? You're a DVC member so you know you're going back. I'd go with 6 days at a resort I really like. In your case, I think you should go with WL.

However, when it comes to DVC points, WL is not cheap. AKV has a very similar look and feel and probably is less points than OKW. Have you considered that?

Upvote 0

luv

If you live where it is cold, take the extra day. If not, take the nicer room, whatever you consider it to be.

That is MHO. :)

Upvote 0

Pooh Lover

I would go for the WL since you have stayed there in the past and enjoy your vacations there. I have thought about this myself....more time at a value or moderate resort or less time at the WL. We always find ourselves back at the WL and have never regretted it.

Upvote 0

luis71091

I visited the WL for the first time in like 10 years and it was stunning! I'd say go with what you love. If you always have a great time, then stay there.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

For myself, I too would go with the resort you love. You know you will be back as a DVC member, and if OKW is your home resort, you know the availability and the opportunity to stay there is usually always there. However if you love WL and its not your home, you know that it is not always a guarantee that you will. So I would go for WL, you will come back, stay where you want this go around. And enjoy....

That being said. I am partial to WL myself as it is my favorite resort.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

Tough choice. I say go with the extra day!

Same here...no hesitation..
75.gif

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

Park Commando- extra day.
Hotel Slouch- resort.

You know best which title would fit you and your family. Generally, I would take the extra day. There is nothing that I would classify as being extravagant about Disney resorts to justify missing an available day of vacation.

Upvote 0

taz0162

Extra day.
Hotel Slouch- resort.

You know best which title would fit you and your family. Generally, I would take the extra day. There is nothing that I would classify as being extravagant about Disney resorts to justify missing an available day of vacation.

Whole heartidly agree with this comment. It's really up to your trip. I would stay the extra day over a nicer resort. But remember that promotions do change....By June there could be a better promo deal that could sway your decision differently than what you plan now (don't worry, rebooking is easy). We originally booked AofA for later this month and had paid for dinning plan. Then free dinning came out if we upgraded to a mod. Doing the math we upgraded to CSR added 2 more days now receiving dinning plan free and received a refund of $66.00.

Upvote 0

Bocko57

Hotel Slouch- resort.

I have to agree with rsoxguy. For me, I am Park Commando so I would do the extra day at the parks.

Upvote 0

UPbeekeeper

The only thing better than spending time at the parks is spending more time at the parks. I'd go for the extra day, without giving it a second thought.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Where you stay can make or break a trip, but from what I've seen in visting both of those you win either way. Visit WL for a meal or two and cash in on the extra day at the parks. Transportation costs however you travel are no joke. Get the most days out of that investment in transportation. Whether it's by car or plane it will cost the same to go home either day. My money is always on getting the most out of that transprotation investment.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom