An Explorer's Notes: Magic Kingdom and World News and Pictures

wserratore1963

Heading to bed for now...Long day of traveling, and unpacking! :lol:This post will be updated tomorrow with LS, FL, TL, Merch, and Entertainment.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions...Happy to answer them!

See you real soon!
Thanks for the updates, we are comming down Tommorrow and can't wait!

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone!:D More pics and news from the rest of the MK is forthcoming. Just gotta get a chance to type it up!:wave:

No it's not. it was added with the Captain Jack Sparrow refurb. Usually WDI only adds temporary banner-like signs with rides that they expect to replace anyway'
Like this one.
imagination.jpg

or this one
DSCF0082.jpg
Ah, true.... I do think, however that this is staying. It compliments the main sign.
He is so temperamental, yesturday morning he was working, riding again in the afternoon he was not.

I can vouch for that, on a number of recent visits he can only be understood as you pass through him, so beforehand you can't hear his little spiel. All that needs to be done is crank up the volume slightly and it will be perfect. (The same can be said for Spaceship Earth ).
Exactly. WDI/WDW has a volume problem!:lol:

Interesting views. ... And I am sure colored by not being there since '06 (how does that happen to a Disney geek who lives 200 miles away?!?!)

I have also had a very stressful year and I think I had such a great time at WDW because it still is a pretty terrific place to spend time.

Now ... why the heck didn't you ride BTMRR?!?! It is still one of the best coasters in O-Town, especially at night. Please don't tell me you were getting foamhead autographs or pintrading!
I go to EPCOT instead.:lookaroun

BTTMR....Eh. No strong desire to, and no time! ADR's were calling.

Wasn't trying to pick on Explorer. He is one of my young minions of evil in training.

Just that I've cut down my WDW visits drastically of late and I bet since 1/1/06 I've probably spent parts of 90 days ... in the MK (more at EPCOT).
:lookaroun:drevil:
Excellent report so far. I agree completely with the problem of seeing backstage. It's impossible to theme all the areas in the resorts but the MK should set a better standard. I have noticed some improvements but they could do better with the views from the Railroad. It's almost like the trees have grown too high in areas and no longer block the views.

Anyway, I appreciate that you included good news too.
Interesting...I was refering to complete LACK of trees in some areas. Mostly in Poly and yes, MK. Esp. in Fantasyland and Aland, which, as I have said, is a mess.

Nice to hear. I guess the refurbishment improved the interior and exterior from what I saw before. Then again, they just put up the tarps the last time I was in the Magic Kingdom. I think I need to go back as well....

Perhaps Adventureland is meant to be that rugged, faded, shabby look...
I am just more concerned for The Magic Carpets. It basically sits in the middle of AL and creates a constant hustle and bustle to go here or there. I am happy they kept the quiet walkway from AL to FL near the Tiki Room...

I had more trouble hearing Jack Sparrow talking than Davy Jones. In fact, that scene is the only disappointment for POTC, IMO. It's so lifeless and dull. And you hardly are able to see everything in the Treasure Room, since it's at a distance & they always unload quickly, (well, whenever I am there.) They could've done something more in that particular scene.

That hopping Brer Rabbit hardly ever works for me. I remember being shocked when I actually saw it hop perfectly once years back! And especially for the AAs in the Laughing Place. They always never work. Some AAs, like those laughin turtles, just stand still...

And how were your views on Fantasyland? Think it's time for that expansion to start now?

Overall, though, sounds like you had a nice trip!

Right...ALand IS supposed to have that look. And it does, in the back. There, it's a nice mix of atmosphere- Plants, faded buildings, archetecture....In the front, it's just too much. Color schemes vary from building to building, woodwork looks horrible, and everything seems to clash. I honestly think that this needs work before FantLand.:shrug: It just did not bode well.

Jack was VERY loud...Our boat was laughing at what he was saying.

Also notable for POTC- Star Ceilings were in full effect and the Hat Pirate was Hatless. :(

EPCOTPluto

Right...ALand IS supposed to have that look. And it does, in the back. There, it's a nice mix of atmosphere- Plants, faded buildings, architecture....In the front, it's just too much. Color schemes vary from building to building, woodwork looks horrible, and everything seems to clash. I honestly think that this needs work before FantLand.:shrug: It just did not bode well.
I think it's because they try to combine so many aspects, like the Caribbean & the Arabian coast & Africa. Now if you mean like the woodwork is rotting or if the color scheme burns the eye's retinas, I can understand that.

Perhaps AL will have a refurb after FL gets it expansion first. That empty space... :dazzle:

Jack was VERY loud...Our boat was laughing at what he was saying.

Also notable for POTC- Star Ceilings were in full effect and the Hat Pirate was Hatless. :(
Lucky. Jack always mumbles whenever I ride. :lol:

And it's strange the Hat Pirate is still hatless. Perhaps his love for hats was pushing the limit to a restraining order? :lookaroun:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
I think it's because they try to combine so many aspects, like the Caribbean & the Arabian coast & Africa. Now if you mean like the woodwork is rotting or if the color scheme burns the eye's retinas, I can understand that.

Perhaps AL will have a refurb after FL gets it expansion first. That empty space... :dazzle:

Lucky. Jack always mumbles whenever I ride. :lol:

And it's strange the Hat Pirate is still hatless. Perhaps his love for hats was pushing the limit to a restraining order? :lookaroun:lol:
That very well could be it. Honestly....They need to stick to one theme and that's it. Generic tropical would be nice.:lol:

And yes, TONS of rotting wood.

Part 2 is almost done!:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
OK, good morning, everyone!:wave:

Let's get back into some more news and observations. Time for me to gush and pixie dust....LIBERTY SQUARE. WOW! Now THIS is a perfect example of Magic Kingdom LAND.:sohappy: It looks exquisite, maintenance is top notch, and it just works. If this is the WDW we are returning to, I have very optimistic in spite of what I saw in Adventureland and other areas.
3840100992_1d2fb4a76a.jpg

Looks stunning, eh?:D

HM- FINALLY saw the new enhancements. VERY well done. Loved the floating Leota, loved the stairs. Audio was fantastic. Honestly, this attraction feels like it opened last week. I know of several attractions that had refurbs two years ago and look to be in the same condition before the refurb, but not here. A HUGE plus to keeping the attraction looking great...and it's so much better than seeing it falling apart in 2006.

3840101750_bf12e1aaf4.jpg

Hall of the Presidents- Another HUGE wow for me. As both a History Geek (and a Major!) and a Disney Geek, this is a little piece of nirvana.:lol: Loved almost everything about it. Narration- superb. Music- So fitting. New clips in digital- stunning. HISTORICALLY ACCUTATE- Yes! :sohappy:

Honestly, the only two things that did bother me, was the transition to the WDI Andrew Jackson love affair, I feel that a few more founding fathers could have been introduced. Also, Washington's voice. Studies have found that he had the typical Virginian/British accent. Maybe it's me, but the voice that they DID give him just didn't fit. Fine by me, however, everything makes up for it!

Also... LOVED how the Lincoln AA does the whole Gettysburg Address. That was awe inspiring. So was Obama's speech. Bi-Partisan and thoughtful.
Oddly enough...No one clapped. And not just for Obama, no one clapped for ANY of the Presidents. I don't know if it was respect or just disinterest. Odd.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Moving on now....Another positive, and something that really shocked me.:lol::lookaroun The 3 PM Parade.

Honestly, I usually hate the 3 PM Parade and we skip it, so as to take advantage of a shorter line. However, this time, we caught it- and by accident. We were right in the Hub as it was moving on by, and on our way to Tomorrowland. Maybe it's the fact that it caught me off guard, maybe it's the fact that I haven't been in MK for a bit, maybe it's the fact that I had a Dole Whip, but this was something simple and nice. Even though it's the same floats, I liked the overlay and the music is quite nice. I was also very happy to hear Walt and 1971 mentioned.:eek: It just had a good "Disney" feel to it.

Merch!- Lot of nice, but expensive stuff around now. Pin Trading is celebrating it's 10 Year Anniversary (Nice commemorative pins for that) and I noticed a lot of Resort Specific items, odd, seeing that it might be discontinued. Poly had a ton of them.

As for shirts...Could not find the JC one, but I did see a new 4 Parks One World shirt- and without the wand! Looks like they finally changed it.
3837514609_abea938a4e.jpg

Also, a new Toad shirt for Women

3838307066_ffa805611c.jpg

Fantasyland is up next!

EPCOTPluto

Also, Washington's voice. Studies have found that he had the typical Virginian/British accent. Maybe it's me, but the voice that they DID give him just didn't fit. Fine by me, however, everything makes up for it!
Yes, that New Jersey accent for Washington was rather odd. Plus, he's rather chubby. :lookaroun:lol:

Oddly enough...No one clapped. And not just for Obama, no one clapped for ANY of the Presidents. I don't know if it was respect or just disinterest. Odd.
How many people there looked tired or uninterested to begin with? :lookaroun

Perhaps it's returning to it's unfortunate stereotype. :mad:

And I also like the 3pm parade. Catchy music, the floats, the characters - Disney to the max. :)

And as for the women's Mr. Toad shirt, I think the shirt looks bismexual, especially with the pink fad in men...

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Yes, that New Jersey accent for Washington was rather odd. Plus, he's rather chubby. :lookaroun:lol:

How many people there looked tired or uninterested to begin with? :lookaroun

Perhaps it's returning to it's unfortunate stereotype. :mad:

And I also like the 3pm parade. Catchy music, the floats, the characters - Disney to the max. :)

And as for the women's Mr. Toad shirt, I think the shirt looks bismexual, especially with the pink fad in men...
Agreed...And yes, Washington was a big man.:lol:

HoP did play to a full house, though. Maybe they were being respectful.

Yep- VERY much a classic "magic moment."

Trust me...It was a women's shirt.:lookaroun

Didn't the guy who played him in John Adams voice him? Or am I imagining that?
Yep....And again, the voice doesn't fit. He looked like him, though!

EPCOTPluto

HoP did play to a full house, though. Maybe they were being respectful.

Trust me...It was a women's shirt.:lookaroun
Perhaps. But at the AP Previews, it seemed to me every speech given resulted in thunderous clapping.

Of course, it was maybe to applaud WDI's work on the attraction...

And there are some guys at my school that will wear anything. :rolleyes::lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom