American Idol!

DDuckFan130

wannab@dis said:
This is the problem I have with American Idol.

You hated the way SHE sang the song and say the original is better. But the original is way over produced. The voice that you hear on the radio or CD has been run through so much electronics that you're not really hearing the true voice. Even Shania's live performances use the same type of electronics to get a voice match to the studio version. Carrie's performance last night was great and spot on for that song.

This same problem killed Constatine. The Nickleback song he sang has a hugely produced vocal and a totally different sound for the lead guitar. Because his version was different vocally and the band had a different sound from the original, people thought it was bad. It wasn't by no means. In fact, I thought it was better and more real. As soon as he got into the first verse, I told my wife that he (or the arrangers) had screwed up. I then played the original and she instantly figured out why she thought he done a bad job. He didn't, but the sound was so different, it gave him a bad slant.

Don't listen to the song as a comparison to the original, listen to it as an original. This is why I think all American Idol competition in the top 12 should be original music.

My votes went to Bo and Carrie.
Oh well. It's hard to NOT compare her performance to the original song. Just as it was hard NOT to compare Vonzell's "On the Radio" to the original. And I personally thought Vonzell did the song justice (except for one part which I can't remember, but I loved it).

Regardless of how the original was produced or whatever, I did not like Carrie's performance. That was probably the least bad of the 3, but I still didn't like it :lol:.

WDWScottieBoy

SpongeScott said:
Serious question: why can't Bo sing without carrying his mic stand? I know that everyone can have a gimmick in their stage presence, but this one is getting a little old. What's the deal? He's an okay singer, but that annoys the crap out of me.

I'll give him the OK singer part, I surely hope he doesn't win. He's had so many close calls and I still think Constantine was better than him. I've said it every week with the microphone thing. He tries too hard to rock out every song and can't put the stand down. It's annoyed me the whole time.

Also, I give him a lot of credit last night for his solo without the music, but I found it to be very boring. I just lost interest right away during it.

Vonzell needs to go home tonight and then let Carrie win next week. No matter what, this has got to be the best top 12 Idol has ever seen (with the excepetion of Mikela). I almost bought their CD today but didn't.

So with that said, almost all of them will get their own records and will be big hits in their own rights.

Neptune

Dont know why, but i have quite a feeling it Will be Vonzel Getting voted off. And this stinks, Finale of American Idol coincides with lost finale! OH NO!!! Ill end up watching lost, :lol:

imagineer boy

Good bye Vonzell. :( While I am happy to see Carrie and Bo in the top, I am really going to miss Vonzell. She was definately the most likable of the contestants. Farewell baby V. We'll miss you. :wave:

LouDisney

Bo is the one that I am voting for and he is my fav. If you asked me many weeks ago if I thought Vonzell would have make it this far, I would have said no, but she kept improving week after week. I really liked her and thought she was sweet.

The_CEO

The_CEO said:
Vonzell or Bo are going home tomorrow night.

I see Bo winning the contest considering he is something they haven't touched yet in the whole contest. Carrie is alot like Kelly so I don't know..

I would like Carrie to win, but who knows..

All it is, is a popularity contest... Sadly.

Dizknee_Phreek

Well, I suppose AI got the Carrie/Bo showdown they've been building up for since the beginning. I still think it should've been a Constantine/Vonzell showdown with The Vonz winning...but whatever.
I'll be in our favorite place this time next week, so I probably won't be watching or voting...if I did watch and vote, though, I'd probably vote on Bo, cause I don't think Carrie's worthy of the title (though, considering whoever wins automatically sells their soul to AI for the next 5-7 years...). But, there's been plenty of "signs" pointing to a Bo win, so I predict he will.

Laura

Premium Member
Back on March 9th (2 1/2 months ago) I said...

Laura22 said:
I think either Jessica, Carrie, Anwar, or Bo will win it. I think at least 2 of them will be in the top 3.

Looks like I was right!

CaptainMichael

What has been obvious for weeks and weeks has come true. It is Bo vs. Carrie in the final. It is a shame that I'll be in WDW next week.

Carrie Underwood is my American Idol!

DDuckFan130

BRER STITCH said:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

:eek:

American Idol...nay....ANY SHOW....from ANY year is certainly no reason to regret being at WDW!!!

:lol:
Agreed :lol:

My only regret next week when I'm up there is that I'm gonna miss baseball :cry:

:lookaroun

Lil'mermaid

DDuckFan130 said:
Agreed :lol:

My only regret next week when I'm up there is that I'm gonna miss baseball :cry:

:lookaroun

I carry my phone with scrolling scores so I at least have some clue about whats going on with my games :lookaroun

DDuckFan130

Lil'mermaid said:
I carry my phone with scrolling scores so I at least have some clue about whats going on with my games :lookaroun
Alas, I don't have those features. I have to live with checking in on ESPN when we get back to the resort :lol:

imagineer boy

Am I the only one who watched the worst auditions show tonight?! It was down right HILARIOUSE! And a bit disturbing too. I had no idea that every county had their own American idol thing. I never knew that, but this was one funny show.

Computer Magic

imagineer boy said:
Am I the only one who watched the worst auditions show tonight?! It was down right HILARIOUSE! And a bit disturbing too. I had no idea that every county had their own American idol thing. I never knew that, but this was one funny show.
When Kelly won the first year she later was on World Idol. This was where all the Idol winners in different countries competed against each other for world idol. Kelly came in 2nd.

Dizknee_Phreek

BRER STITCH said:

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

:eek:

American Idol...nay....ANY SHOW....from ANY year is certainly no reason to regret being at WDW!!!

:lol:
:lol: I'll be in WDW next week, too. My only regret is that I'll miss Constantine on the final night (as well as House on Tues. night)...but that's why there's a record option on the VCR! ;) I'd MUCH rather be in WDW missing AI (and House) than sitting at home, in KY watching it.

imagineer boy

Woah, I'm surprised no one brought the thread back up yet. Here's what I thought:

Bo 1: I don't know what the judges were talking about. I really liked the song he sang. Oh well, he still did a very good job. Grade: A-

Carrie 1: Simply fantastic. She can really sing. Grade: A+

Bo 2: Great performance! Loved it! Grade: A

Carrie 2: What's simon talking about?! It was splendid. Someone get me some ice cubes, I Carrie is so HOT! I'll over-heat. :lol: :lookaroun Grade: A

Bo 3: To be honest, I didn't like this one. The band sounded like it was messing up a bit, and Bo looked like he was rushing out as if he were late or something. Grade: B+

Carrie 3: Someone get a cup to collect my drool in. That was simply amazing. Fantastic! Grade: A+++++++++

I loved seeing the top 12 in the audience. Nice to see some familiar faces!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom