American Idol sign now up

SirGoofy

YAY! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO OPEN!

:brick:

Honestly this is the WORST thing to come to WDW in a long time. I know there are AI fans out there and I don't mean to demean the show. But in no way, shape, or form does this belong in a Disney park. Some people say "It's better than an empty building" and "The Studios needed help." But the Studios needs A LOT more than this. The Studios needs s plethora of C and D tickets. Not another stage show. Especially one that destroys the BEST show on property for 5 nights a week. It's a travesty really.

Well... I agree that this is not a popular addition to DHS. I do however see where this could be a positive in that I doubt it will draw people in to the park, but it is a large theatre and perhaps will pull enough people in that are already in the park and help to shorten the lines. I see the loss of Fantasmic! being cut as a huge issue for the park as many people including myself would go to DHS in the evening just to see this show. I will not go to DHS in the evening to catch the last AI presentation. Hopefully Disney is not treating this as a long term addition and just got idol to help fund the upgrades to the building.

RSoxNo1

Like most people on here, as a general rule I would rather see rides than shows. It does seem to be that more rides are coming to DHS, but like the rest of WDW, I don't think anything major is coming for a few years.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Is there proof that this is why Fantasmic is being cut down or are we just guessing that this is the reason why?

It was cut back because nobody goes to it anymore. They never even halfway fill the venue, it's a terrible show and Disney always knows what they are doing.

:lookaroun

drew81

It was cut back because nobody goes to it anymore. They never even halfway fill the venue, it's a terrible show and Disney always knows what they are doing.

:lookaroun

Yeah and guests never spend money on food or merch there either.

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
Here is a link to more pictures of AIE:

http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo267/disneygoofball/

The American Idol Experience - Confirmed - (11/3/08) You can catch a bunch of new pictures of the American Idol Experience sign up on the building here. The last four photos show off the other side of the building, taken from the alley between Sounds Dangerous and the SciFi Drive-In. It’s thought that this could be a separate entrance area for the masses waiting to audition for the shows during the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom