American Idol sign now up

Kristilovesdw

Original Poster
From screamscape:
The American Idol Experience - Confirmed - (10/30/08) The new
sign for the Ameircan Idol Experience is now up as you can see in this photo.
ai.jpg

Fun2BFree

Woah, that was quick.

I don't know how I feel about the sign -- it looks much less impressive than the initial concept art, but perhaps modesty is a virtue when it's next to 1930s-era Hollywood Boulevard.

imamouse

I'm glad the sign isn't bigger.

I'm still having trouble caring about this new attractions, or I guess I should say, "experience" - especially with the impact to Fantasmic. But I suppose it's a dream come true for some. Still, I can't help but think that it will make one person happy and lots others broken hearted on a daily basis.

SSE

I think it is a fine looking sign, but I am not interested in the show at all and don't think I will ever go see it.

VT GAL

I have to agree that I am meh about this whole AI thing, but on the brightside the sign doesn't look like it would be too much trouble to take down :)!

In all seriousness, while I don't like it I am sure that there are those that will like it and I am really happy for them.

marksniles

Thanks for sharing but I have to say that this is the stupidist thing Disney has ever done. Can't our Imagineer's think up of something original that they have to jump on the band wagon of a talent show!!?? What's next? Disney Survivor? I'm very disappointed in this and will probably not spend my time seeing it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing but I have to say that this is the stupidist thing Disney has ever done. Can't our Imagineer's think up of something original that they have to jump on the band wagon of a talent show!!?? What's next? Disney Survivor? I'm very disappointed in this and will probably not spend my time seeing it.

Ooh, Disney Survivor...it could be played at the abandoned Pop Century Early Years buildings :hammer:

kevlightyear

Can't our Imagineer's think up of something original that they have to jump on the band wagon of a talent show!!?? What's next? Disney Survivor?

I just have to point out, they did a similar thing with Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and that attraction turned out to be quite popular--so much that they built another one across the country.

I for one, love the look of the sign, am glad they're actually putting some love into the building, and thrilled the theater will finally be used again--it's been sitting dormant for too long!

RSoxNo1

I've come to the conclusion that there's no point in trying to convince people this is a good addition to the park. There are enough American Idol fans that should keep this attraction popular for a while. Personally I think the key is always having a cast member plant in the show that the judges can make fun of.

I enjoy watching the early stages of American Idol, and I know I'm not alone in that. I have a passing interest in the show once they get to the Hollywood Week and beyond. With that said, there are things in every park that I don't have much interest in, for the most part they are shows, so I can't really fault people for not expressing interest in this one.

In the Magic Kingdom I don't have much interest in Tom Sawyer's Island, the Riverboat, the TeaCups, or any of the Dumbo style rides. In Epcot I have no interest in the China and France shows. In Hollywood Studios I'm not a fan of the Beauty and the Beast show or the new Animation Tour, and I have no interest in seeing the Playhouse Disney show or the Narnia walk through. I'm also not devastated about Fantasmic being cut down to one show a week. As for the Animal Kingdom, I think the Finding Nemo show is overrated (like Fantasmic), but I think that's predicated more on my lack of attachment to the music. I also wasn't a fan of the Tarzan or Pocahontas shows.

With all that said, I will typically try every ride at least once, and for the most part every show. I will definitely give this show a chance, and I hope it's open in a month when I'm down there.

dmagickingdom

Is there going to be an ear plug Kiosk outside?:eek:

I know....I love how disney puts this attraction in after American Idol jumps the shark some time ago...oh welll....anyway, FINS UP!! I am a MAJOR PARROTHEAD MYSELF AS WELL!!!!

As long as I can find my One Particular Harbor, I could care less what Disney puts in their parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom