American Idol Experience To Close

Tinkrbell

Well, what did they say?

Because I'll be straight up, I'm getting this from entertainment people themselves.
They didn't really say anything about the show closing in the meetings I was at. I was just commenting that they haven't told anything to the cast if it were closing in September instead of January.

PhotoDave219

No..., Not cool, DISNEY. Why shoot the messenger? Im sure if any CM's read his comment they will be upset with their employer, not the person online who mentioned it.

This has been all over entertainment circles for about 10 days now. I just can't confirm if it's true or not.

Bolt

The major cut backs in entertainment have been chronicled in very much detail these past few years so with lack of options to go to, there certainly will be people losing their jobs once this closed. In fact, there have already been a handful of people who have once they went from five shows to three a day. The operations side is good but the entertainment side is definitely at risk.
You're wrong. Disney doesn't layoff or fire cast when attractions close. I've known people who have transferred out and just not been back filled.

SoccerMickey

You're wrong. Disney doesn't layoff or fire cast when attractions close. I've known people who have transferred out and just not been back filled.
When you're dealing with a group of people hired for a specific skill set, I.e. Hosting skills,singing skills, cosmetology skills, technical skills in live theater production, like they have for The American Idol Experience and their services are no longer required, then they definitely will be let go. Some of them have come from other non-entertainmentesque lines of business so hopefully they can return to those positions but the ones hired specifically to be backstage support, or casting directors they will no longer be employed by Walt Disney World.

Kungaloosh1937

Bolt, why don't you surf on over to the Equity website and download the WDW union rulebook. All Disney needs to do is give a two week close of show notice and every actor there could conceivably be let go if they don't know another show. This has happened dozens and dozens of times over the years. But by all means, please keep telling us you know better.

omurice

I've only been to this attraction once. But it is simply chock full of "ringers". Both the "music business" hosts with the false back-story, and even some of the "guests" when they can't find 5 people (most days, I'm guessing) are simply performers. No sadness here if it retires.

The performers are good but they've been given a bad part in this show. The college bro from no college anyone ever heard of who can sing a 3 year old pop song a little too well. The pretty-in-her-own-way shy 20-something office worker who sings Colors of the Wind well but needs more practice. The snarky host with the British accent, who comes from the West End... of Orlando. Even the announcer who I don't imagine has ever been on television manages to look convincing in the role of a TV host.

I somehow enjoyed the show because of the performers, they're really trying to put on a show. But almost everyone up on stage was a performer at the show I saw, except maybe two actual guests. You can tell because us real people don't have great skin, and the wardrobe does not look like wardrobe.

There's plenty of other things these performers can do besides parody a (bad) TV show. So I don't think they will be crying at night when it closes! I'd be happy to see them perform in something more worthwhile.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I've only been to this attraction once. But it is simply chock full of "ringers". Both the "music business" hosts with the false back-story, and even some of the "guests" when they can't find 5 people (most days, I'm guessing) are simply performers. No sadness here if it retires.

The performers are good but they've been given a bad part in this show. The college bro from no college anyone ever heard of who can sing a 3 year old pop song a little too well. The pretty-in-her-own-way shy 20-something office worker who sings Colors of the Wind well but needs more practice. The snarky host with the British accent, who comes from the West End... of Orlando. Even the announcer who I don't imagine has ever been on television manages to look convincing in the role of a TV host.

I somehow enjoyed the show because of the performers, they're really trying to put on a show. But almost everyone up on stage was a performer at the show I saw, except maybe two actual guests. You can tell because us real people don't have great skin, and the wardrobe does not look like wardrobe.

There's plenty of other things these performers can do besides parody a (bad) TV show. So I don't think they will be crying at night when it closes! I'd be happy to see them perform in something more worthwhile.
Um... no. The performers are all guests. I think your tin foil hat is on a little too tight.

PhotoDave219

Its really not.... Anyone who is even related to a Disney CM is automatically disqualified.

Of course you just insulted a bunch of people I know, so welcome to the ignore pile.

Matt_Black

Um... no. The performers are all guests. I think your tin foil hat is on a little too tight.

When he says "performers" I believe he is referring to the host and the judges.

Now, having been one of the singers and talking with the cast members, many DO have other responsibilities around the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom