American Idol Experience is...

danstadnik

Maybe we will see an avatar sound effects and special effect show combined......:shrug:
I was thinking the same thing - not necessarily Avatar, but I think a show where audience members get put in motion capture suits with live animations onscreen would be very popular. It could be all over the place in terms of what movies or shows - Buzz Lightyear, Avatar, Yoda, or even classic Disney characters in CG like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. This would have a much bigger appeal than AIE, IMO.

zooey

redo the great movie ride with all Disney and Pixar movies and AA's and special effects and you got yourself a Toy Story Mania competitor in a big way.

Then put a ride in the American Idol and Sounds Dangerous area...maybe muppets, tangled, or Disney's Junior characters?

do that and add in the Monster's Inc coaster and this park becomes MUCH more popular

Or you could just ruin the park in some other way and call it a day.

wdwfan4ver

I love the great movie ride! Why would anyone want to change it?? I think its great....re-do AI and SD

The problem goes to the how many people actually know the movies that the great movie ride has in its attraction based on the younger crowd. All it needs is a slight update. It is not the first attractions needs be redone at DHS though. Studios Backlot Tour, American Idol, Sounds Dangerous need to be replaced first before doing an update for Great Movie Ride.

belle119821

Why would you want to ruin the park's all encompassing ride in such a way?
GMR is a testemant to all movie making. Give it a technical upgrade, no need to change the inside to yet another Disney-centric ride.

^This.

It's outdated, but they're all classic movies that most visitors will recognize. It needs a little love (and possibly the removal of the BAH ;)), but it's not worth scrapping or rebooting.

Anyway, I'm all for a great ride replacement for AI/SD. I never really thought AI fit in with the theme.

wdwfan4ver

redo the great movie ride with all Disney and Pixar movies and AA's and special effects and you got yourself a Toy Story Mania competitor in a big way.

Then put a ride in the American Idol and Sounds Dangerous area...maybe muppets, tangled, or Disney's Junior characters?

do that and add in the Monster's Inc coaster and this park becomes MUCH more popular

You are going way too extreme with Great Movie Ride. Great Movie Ride needs to be updated, but not Disney-centric. It supposed to classic movies/non animation movies, before showing a screen full of movies before you leave. If there is any Pixar AA's, it better be in Pixar Place.

captainkidd

BREAKING NEWS:

Disney has struck a deal with Fox and will tear down the AI Experience and rebuild theater as the X-Factor Experience. Apparently, Disney wanted to go in a different direction.

mm52200

The concept for the AIE is really cool and the show itself is pretty entertaining...it was just about three to four years to late. If the show was playing to packed houses I'd be fine with it staying, but it's not. For the amount of guests that actually attend the show it's not worth. That show I'm sure is expensive to run, five Equity performers for each show, camera men, technical staff, cast members running auditions, "producers" and "casting directors", and hair and make up people. Not a cheap operation, and partially why we ended up with the CTF parade and other cuts in DHS entertainment.

dreamscometrue

The concept for the AIE is really cool and the show itself is pretty entertaining...it was just about three to four years to late. If the show was playing to packed houses I'd be fine with it staying, but it's not. For the amount of guests that actually attend the show it's not worth. That show I'm sure is expensive to run, five Equity performers for each show, camera men, technical staff, cast members running auditions, "producers" and "casting directors", and hair and make up people. Not a cheap operation, and partially why we ended up with the CTF parade and other cuts in DHS entertainment.

This is exactly how I feel about AIE, but I also doubt it'll be closing soon. They put so much money into it, I feel like they'll keep it open for 2-3 more years just because of the investment. It was still quite highly rated last season remember with he new judges. I think it'll be around awhile yet.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Is TDO just plain against doing what people want? People have been wanting more rides in HS for years.(myself included) They have sooooooo much to work with, yet we get nothing. Our family makes several trips a year and its getting stale at the Studios. I still love it tho. Just give us a new ride please.

flavious27

Leaving.

The attraction will stay open at least until this season of AI ends. Lookout for new prizes to be given to selected winners of the attraction.

New attraction is already planned for the AI building.

Shouldn't have been built in the first place, such a fad attraction.

stitch2008

Is TDO just plain against doing what people want? People have been wanting more rides in HS for years.(myself included) They have sooooooo much to work with, yet we get nothing. Our family makes several trips a year and its getting stale at the Studios. I still love it tho. Just give us a new ride please.

Yep love it. But seriously, if they are gonna take it out, and it seems like they might, then they most likely have something to take its place. Honestly I know people hate AIE around here. But ill take it over empty buildings. Nothing bothers me more then space that isnt being used. :shrug:

Where in Universal is X Factor???

X Factor isnt at Universal. FEAR Factor is at Universal.:wave:

Scuttle

Why would you want to ruin the park's all encompassing ride in such a way?
GMR is a testemant to all movie making. Give it a technical upgrade, no need to change the inside to yet another Disney-centric ride.

Couldn't agree more. The GMR is a GREAT attraction it just needs a good refurb and maybe a scene added. The GMR, to me, is the heartbeat of the park and it NEEDS to have scenes from non-disney movies because as GLaDOS said it is a testament to all movie making.

Captain Chaos

Yep love it. But seriously, if they are gonna take it out, and it seems like they might, then they most likely have something to take its place. Honestly I know people hate AIE around here. But ill take it over empty buildings. Nothing bothers me more then space that isnt being used. :shrug:

X Factor isnt at Universal. FEAR Factor is at Universal.:wave:

Perhaps he's confused Fear Factor and X Factor ? :shrug:

That's what I thought.. I knew I wasn't going crazy LOL...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom