American Idol Experience is...

wdwfan4ver

I hate this!!!!!! I did the American Idol experience 2 times now and HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT BECAUSE IT IS MY DREAM!!!!!! I almost won! And to close it already? I need to be the CEO of WDW!!! First Half Pop Century and now this? Are you kidding me? They need to expand and not take away and replace! It doesn't help. I am so sad!!!!!

Shocked and upset! :(

I shouldn't put to much stock into what insiderimagine typed. It is proven in the past that he or she has information is off like the claim off the sides not agreeing on all thing concerning test track and the false claim of a DVC near Epcot.

American Idol Experience should open through 2013 at the worst unless somehow that person is correct. American Idol Experience is an attraction that Disney doesn't want get a rid of so fast because of the money they spent on it. The ratings for American Idol are declining, but canceling an attraction because the show got 21.93 for a television rating for a season premiere is odd. Television networks love to have shows that high of a rating.

If American idol next year for a season premiere is down by 50 percent, than Disney would have thought of closing American Idol Experience or cutting down the amount of shows in a day because a decrease that high is alarming in terms of television ratings because it would tell Disney the demand for the attraction would be less if you go by what percentage of views could go to DHS a year.

I honestly don't see American getting 50 percent drops in television ratings for 2013. American Idol Experience an an attraction that you should expect to be gone, but it would be gone anywhere from 2016 to 1018 unless the television rating go down over 24 percent for back to back seasons and American Idol Experience gone sooner than 2016.

jmick71

idk if anyone else has mentioned this, but remember that patent for that Multi-track multi-vehicle interactive roller coaster themed to star wars. Even though the space is probably too small this would be an awesome attraction to put in that area.
Also if there not going to use it for star wars they should use it for avatarland

bennyw01

I can imagine they will set up Ratatouille dark ride over at DLRP and then once this has all been created bringing it to DHS in the space of American Idol. It does break the Pixar Place model however this would be a nice space to put a dark ride such as this.

GLaDOS

I can imagine they will set up Ratatouille dark ride over at DLRP and then once this has all been created bringing it to DHS in the space of American Idol. It does break the Pixar Place model however this would be a nice space to put a dark ride such as this.

There's not nearly enough space for Ratatouille there. The ride is going to be pretty massive. It would have to go back by Pixar place if it came to DHS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
idk if anyone else has mentioned this, but remember that patent for that Multi-track multi-vehicle interactive roller coaster themed to star wars. Even though the space is probably too small this would be an awesome attraction to put in that area.
Also if there not going to use it for star wars they should use it for avatarland

That wasn't a Disney patent and although it's not out of the question that Disney would license that idea it is no more likely then any other type of attraction.

InsiderImagine

Original Poster
I shouldn't put to much stock into what insiderimagine typed. It is proven in the past that he or she has information is off like the claim off the sides not agreeing on all thing concerning test track and the false claim of a DVC near Epcot.

American Idol Experience should open through 2013 at the worst unless somehow that person is correct. American Idol Experience is an attraction that Disney doesn't want get a rid of so fast because of the money they spent on it. The ratings for American Idol are declining, but canceling an attraction because the show got 21.93 for a television rating for a season premiere is odd. Television networks love to have shows that high of a rating.

If American idol next year for a season premiere is down by 50 percent, than Disney would have thought of closing American Idol Experience or cutting down the amount of shows in a day because a decrease that high is alarming in terms of television ratings because it would tell Disney the demand for the attraction would be less if you go by what percentage of views could go to DHS a year.

I honestly don't see American getting 50 percent drops in television ratings for 2013. American Idol Experience an an attraction that you should expect to be gone, but it would be gone anywhere from 2016 to 1018 unless the television rating go down over 24 percent for back to back seasons and American Idol Experience gone sooner than 2016.

It's funny how people are calling me out for Epcot DVC Claim...all that was pointed out was there was a DVC Resort being built BEFORE Epcot's.

There is an Epcot DVC being planned and unfortunately I thought was being built before the other one (not referring to GF DVC).

As for people calling me out on the Test Track queue when I stated there is arguing between two parties. The parties in question are at Disney and do not have to do with the sponsor. The contract was signed then arguments took place on what they should do with the attraction.

I'm sorry to everyone who feels the need to basically say I'm a liar. If you feel that what I'm saying does not compute, then simply take it with a grain of salt and move along. I'm trying to share my information with the forum so take it or leave.

:wave:

PeoplemoverTTA

I hate this!!!!!! I did the American Idol experience 2 times now and HAVE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT BECAUSE IT IS MY DREAM!!!!!! I almost won! And to close it already? I need to be the CEO of WDW!!! First Half Pop Century and now this? Are you kidding me? They need to expand and not take away and replace! It doesn't help. I am so sad!!!!!

I understand your perspective, as I was in the Hot Seat for Millionaire several times. As a trivia geek, it as my dream come true. Although I was sad when it closed, I realized that crowds had been thinning and interest had waned. Similar to what's going on with Idol right now.

I don't know if the rumor is true (I actually enjoyed AI on my August trip, but the theater was less than half full), but if interest is waning, it might be time to axe this show. As long as the theater doesn't sit vacant or receive a MnG, it would be fine with me.

BoardwalkGlenn

I did AI last summer and had a blast! Clearly, I'm too old to have any personal use for a golden ticket and didn't expect to win, but had a great time anyway.

For those who haven't given it a try, I say go for it before it closes. I was taken to other areas of the park for video spots. My family was in my video segment with me. We were given great fast pass priority cards (walked right onto TSM twice!) and, best of all, I received compliments from total strangers each day for the rest of my trip. People came up to me on busses, in restaurants, etc...

More people see this attraction than you'd realize.

Thank you. I was walking by and decided on the spur of the moment. I had gone in last year, early in the morning (mistake #1) and did a ballad (mistake #2) so I got the usual, "you definitely have potential. Get some lessons, blah , blah". This time, I looked on the list for something easy and peppy; wound up with "Walking on Sunshine". It did not take away from my park time very much. In fact, it became the highlight of our day because they chose me and my family for the whole video segment that's part of the show. We were taken over to NY street to film. Honestly, it was fun. Many of my friends have done the AI and all enjoyed it.

I'm glad to see these replies! My boyfriend and I both watched one of the shows during our October 2009 trip and immediately after watching it, we both said we wanted to audition.

We auditioned and were both selected for 2 different shows later that afternoon.

Luckily, I won my show and made it to the Finale show. The entire experience was AMAZING! It really made it feel like my dream came true.

I always tell people to give it a try -- to watch and to compete!

nerdboyrockstar

This falls into the category of things that should have never been attempted...like that Narnia thing they did.

I watched the first couple episodes of this glorified karaoke contest, and never looked back. They should have made this an event on their cruise boats and left it at that.

I'd sooner see attractions and rides based on under-represented properties of Disney Pixar....heck, I'd sooner see a muppets live action show lampooning AI, in it's place

This and Narnia are not the same thing. That was a glorified trailer for the film, pointless after it had been out for years.

Idol is actually a decent show and a surprisingly faithful experience to watching the live show since I'm sure most won't make it to Hollywood or score tickets for the actual experience.

Plus, I could think of 10 things that should happen at DHS before an attraction that just opened in 2009 closes its doors.

biggiedisney123

If the lack of contestants is the issue, perhaps spice it up, throw in dream fastpasses, etc. I mean, if I am going to drop an hour and a half of my vaca, and too old for the golden ticket, why not dangle the carrot a bit?

UnrealFire

Don't worry. Disney just renewed the contract to keep the attraction for 3 more years. It's not leaving anytime soon.

Regarding your comment about The Legendary Years... considering the state of the economy in 2001, I'm sure Disney made the correct choice.

cheezbat

Don't worry. Disney just renewed the contract to keep the attraction for 3 more years. It's not leaving anytime soon.

I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Lol
how I really wish this was getting the axe as well as sounds dangerous so we can actually get a worthwhile attraction in this area.

UnrealFire

I just threw up in my mouth a bit. Lol
how I really wish this was getting the axe as well as sounds dangerous so we can actually get a worthwhile attraction in this area.

I agree. :lol:

CaptainShortty

I've also heard from a friend who works in Studios that Disney is going to announce soon that it will be closing. But of course, until Disney officially announces it, it's all speculation. lol. It wouldn't at all surprise me if they close it though. It is incredibly expensive to run (at one time I knew the number but can't remember it now) and it has been much less successful than they had anticipated it to be. I'd love to see them close it and make a mega attraction using both that and Sounds Dangerous. IMO, it's what Studios really needs right now.

scoobygirl39541

I honestly would love to audition for AIE, but I'm from PA and only get to go Disney once a year. I don't want to spend an entire day auditioning/practicing/performing for the show :/

I honestly would love to audition for AIE, but I'm from PA and only get to go Disney once a year. I don't want to spend an entire day auditioning/practicing/performing for the show :/

The audition process takes about 10 minutes if you don't make the cut. If you do, you are taken to the next step, which lasts about 15 more minutes. I had reservations for a meal, so they worked around it and put me in the show that fit my schedule. You do need to invest time in make-up, hair and rehearsal. For many people, however, being on the stage is more fun than being in the audience. If you don't get that, I cannot explain it.

RunnerEd

IF AIE goes away and they decide to put an attraction in the SD/AIE are, how big could it be? It seems to me that the roof line in the area isn't high enough to have a "mega attraction" or even a quality C/D attraction without demolishing the building. GMR, TSMM, the new LM show building's are huge warehouse size. It seems like putting that sized building in that location would mess up that area of the park, no matter what style facades would be utilized. Opinions?

Captain Chaos

Regarding your comment about The Legendary Years... considering the state of the economy in 2001, I'm sure Disney made the correct choice.

How do you know they renewed the contract for 3 more years???

CaptainShortty

IF AIE goes away and they decide to put an attraction in the SD/AIE are, how big could it be? It seems to me that the roof line in the area isn't high enough to have a "mega attraction" or even a quality C/D attraction without demolishing the building. GMR, TSMM, the new LM show building's are huge warehouse size. It seems like putting that sized building in that location would mess up that area of the park, no matter what style facades would be utilized. Opinions?

From googlemaps it looks like the size of the actual building looks comparable to that of TSMM, minus the height. I don't think it's of a great size to put a roller coaster or anything inside it but it looks like a good size for a standard motion simulator or dark ride. But I do agree that a big E-ticket doesn't look like it could fit there. But then again, Disney has surprised us before. =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom