American Adventures in Dining?

MellBelle2

I say...

From Buffalo, NY--chicken wings w/ Franks hot sauce

From Portland, Maine--Lobster rolls

From Alaska--Grilled Salmon (or whole heartedly agree Lox and Cream Cheese)

From NYC--hot dog w/ mustard and sauerkraut

Vernonpush

Original Poster
I say...

From Buffalo, NY--chicken wings w/ Franks hot sauce

From Portland, Maine--Lobster rolls

From Alaska--Grilled Salmon (or whole heartedly agree Lox and Cream Cheese)

From NYC--hot dog w/ mustard and sauerkraut
What about New York style Cheesecake? I've heard that's the best!
Buffalo Wings! Who could forget that! Even in Birmingham, AL we have them. We have to let our taste bud heard!

NadieMasK2

Hmmm......I think the only thing my lovely state can contribute is popcorn and farm animals. Oh and maybe frog legs. :ROFLOL:

Ella's Mommy

I think it was posted as a cheesesteak wit, I'm assuming that means a Philly cheesesteak with wiz. I'm all for that. About 3 years ago I taught a guy at All Star Sports (an older black man) how to make a Philly cheesesteak. I told him, just take that cheese you use for the cheese fries, spread it on the roll, and add some chopped up steak (onions optional), and there, you made a South Philly style cheesesteak. That would be a great addition to the American Pavilion :slurp:

Actually a Cheesesteak "wit" mean a cheesesteak with onions. A cheesesteak "wit out" is a cheesesteak with out onions. Wiz is a philly thing. If you want a different type of cheese you have to specify or they will slather wiz on there for you. But wiz IS the only way to have a PHILLY cheesesteak:slurp:

fizzle75

Anything fried...fried chicken, fried catfish, fried okra, fried squash, fried cabbage, and fried potatoes.

Sausage gravy and homemade buttermilk biscuits. My grandmother's homemade sausage would make a fat boy squeal!

Here's a great southern meal...soup beans, fried cabbage and corn bread!:slurp:
It makes for a fantastic meal but man oh man will you(and everyone around you)pay dearly for it!

Potato cakes

Sweet tea

Buttermilk Pie!:slurp:

Venison(I normally don't like dear meat but my cousin makes amazing venizon meatballs)

Chicken N' Dumplins

Pork Brains in milk gravy, beef tripe or chitlins(my grandmother loved 'em all!)

Good Ol' Carolina Barbecue

Any type of cobbler...apple, peach, blueberry,boysenberry, strawberry or any mixture of the ones I just listed

Rhubarb Pie

Homemade chicken pot pie

Squirrel dumplings(not a personal favorite but my grandmother used to fix it all of the time)

Boiled cookies:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

And last but not least...two mountain favorites...
A late night snack of cornbread and milk

A tomato biscuit with mayonnaise

Ok, I'm stopping now...

I think I opened a gate of some kind.:lookaroun

mitchk

Actually a Cheesesteak "wit" mean a cheesesteak with onions. A cheesesteak "wit out" is a cheesesteak with out onions. Wiz is a philly thing. If you want a different type of cheese you have to specify or they will slather wiz on there for you. But wiz IS the only way to have a PHILLY cheesesteak:slurp:

I know, I know, but I didn't think most people here would know the lingual. What's your favorite spot to get your cheesesteak fix? Jim's, Geno's, Pat's? Mine is Geno's, although a lot of people like Iskabibbles(sp) as well. See ya :wave:

Ella's Mommy

Anything fried...fried chicken, fried catfish, fried okra, fried squash, fried cabbage, and fried potatoes.

Sausage gravy and homemade buttermilk biscuits. My grandmother's homemade sausage would make a fat boy squeal!

Here's a great southern meal...soup beans, fried cabbage and corn bread!:slurp:
It makes for a fantastic meal but man oh man will you(and everyone around you)pay dearly for it!

Potato cakes

Sweet tea

Buttermilk Pie!:slurp:

Venison(I normally don't like dear meat but my cousin makes amazing venizon meatballs)

Chicken N' Dumplins

Pork Brains in milk gravy, beef tripe or chitlins(my grandmother loved 'em all!)

Good Ol' Carolina Barbecue

Any type of cobbler...apple, peach, blueberry,boysenberry, strawberry or any mixture of the ones I just listed

Rhubarb Pie

Homemade chicken pot pie

Squirrel dumplings(not a personal favorite but my grandmother used to fix it all of the time)

Boiled cookies:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

And last but not least...two mountain favorites...
A late night snack of cornbread and milk

A tomato biscuit with mayonnaise

Ok, I'm stopping now...

I think I opened a gate of some kind.:lookaroun

UMMM WOW!!!!!:slurp: You can't bring up all those delicious foods around a preggo!!!!:slurp: You had me at anything FRIED!! :lol:

Ella's Mommy

I know, I know, but I didn't think most people here would know the lingual. What's your favorite spot to get your cheesesteak fix? Jim's, Geno's, Pat's? Mine is Geno's, although a lot of people like Iskabibbles(sp) as well. See ya :wave:

Okay well I like Pats and I ALWAYS get a pizza steak witout. But I know what your talking about with the Ishkabibbles, but there I only get the Chicken Cheese Steak its awsome!! I'm strickly a PATS!!! girl :wave:

mitchk

Okay well I like Pats and I ALWAYS get a pizza steak witout. But I know what your talking about with the Ishkabibbles, but there I only get the Chicken Cheese Steak its awsome!! I'm strickly a PATS!!! girl :wave:

cool, gotta love that Philly style, and congrats on your pregnancy, take care :wave:

sarabi

Yummmmmm....

Such a good idea for a thread.

I'm from Wisconsin, so I would say:

-fried cheese curds
-brats with kraut on a nice kaiser bun
-apple pie with sharp cheddar cheese melted over the top (yes, we actually do eat it, but not often:) It's good. Really.

fizzle75

Fried Oreos!:sohappy: It's an Oreo dipped in batter and then deep fried. The outside gets all crispy and crunchy and the inside gets all runny and ooey gooey, you put five of them in the bottom of a bowl and then put vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce on top.:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Just being in the same room with it causes you to gain 10 lbs. and smelling it causes you to gain 25!

cptwife80

Being that I was born and raised in Maine I would have to say anything that comes from the ocean like lobstah, steamahs, and fish. But I would love to see them have any type of chowdah. I always get picked on by my step dad in Florida because of having no "r" in my words when i talk. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

fizzle75

Being that I was born and raised in Maine I would have to say anything that comes from the ocean like lobstah, steamahs, and fish. But I would love to see them have any type of chowdah. I always get picked on by my step dad in Florida because of having no "r" in my words when i talk. :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Not using the letter "r" in your words must be really hard for someone who loves pirates.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom