American Adventures in Dining?

maggiegrace1

You are in Alabama..there has to be a place that has some.

I see Birmingham....LOL..The Seafood market Restaurant has them..
Do you know of that place?

Vernonpush

Original Poster
See? This is what I'm talking about! What does America have to show for itself in World Showcase? Burgers and fries? We all don't eat like that:lookaroun. Well, most of us! Let us show the world that we have cultureal diversity! Yes, we started the "Fast Food Nation", but each region has their own cuisine that showcases their own culture. Don't let us be known for McD!onalds. Speak out, and let your palate be heard!

mitchk

I think it was posted as a cheesesteak wit, I'm assuming that means a Philly cheesesteak with wiz. I'm all for that. About 3 years ago I taught a guy at All Star Sports (an older black man) how to make a Philly cheesesteak. I told him, just take that cheese you use for the cheese fries, spread it on the roll, and add some chopped up steak (onions optional), and there, you made a South Philly style cheesesteak. That would be a great addition to the American Pavilion :slurp:

Vernonpush

Original Poster
I think it was posted as a cheesesteak wit, I'm assuming that means a Philly cheesesteak with wiz. I'm all for that. About 3 years ago I taught a guy at All Star Sports (an older black man) how to make a Philly cheesesteak. I told him, just take that cheese you use for the cheese fries, spread it on the roll, and add some chopped up steak (onions optional), and there, you made a South Philly style cheesesteak. That would be a great addition to the American Pavilion :slurp:
Ummmm, I'm gaining 3 pounds just reading this thread!

Figment82

I'm from Baltimore, so I'd love to see steamed crabs and shrimp, crab cakes, and corn on the cob. Yum!

I already posted my thoughts in another thread, but basically it was an idea for a colonial tavern-themed restaurant, similar to the Dobbin House in Gettysburg, PA.

k.hunter30

See? This is what I'm talking about! What does America have to show for itself in World Showcase? Burgers and fries? We all don't eat like that:lookaroun. Well, most of us! Let us show the world that we have cultureal diversity! Yes, we started the "Fast Food Nation", but each region has their own cuisine that showcases their own culture. Don't let us be known for McD!onalds. Speak out, and let your palate be heard!
"FREEDOM!!!!!"

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom