American Adventure Projection System Fail

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks Good! They let the entire show happen like this.
4098BAE6-2C67-48F9-8B2E-0C1F68FA5EB9.jpeg
4098BAE6-2C67-48F9-8B2E-0C1F68FA5EB9.jpeg
7FB62019-BA23-4B9E-B4B1-D72F9A405127.jpeg

UncleMike101

There is ZERO reason this should have been allowed to continue on in this horrendous state. What an offense to the greatest audio animatronic show oh property. Honestly every CM in the theatre during this mishap should be given a reprimand for being too stupid to stop the show. Do these fools not care anymore? How can anyone let such an iconic show perform in such dire conditions. I mean for God sakes.
I'll bet some protocol was ignored.
If it was done on purpose heads should roll.

WDW862

Is it really a projection issue? Looks like one of the screens didn't go up at the start of the film.

Either way it's sickening that the cast members didn't stop the show and let it run in such a state.

Goofyernmost

There is a CM in the theater
What are the chances that the way that should have read is that there was supposed to be a CM in the theater? Humans tend to find reasons why they should leave when they are not supposed to do so. I just cannot accept that if one was present that they would have let it go without stopping it. It makes no sense at all. It's always that one time that they left to use the bathroom or take a call that something will go wrong. I'm fairly confident that whatever CM was there or was supposed to be there, has been asked a lot of serious questions.

thelookingglass

There is ZERO reason this should have been allowed to continue on in this horrendous state. What an offense to the greatest audio animatronic show oh property. Honestly every CM in the theatre during this mishap should be given a reprimand for being too stupid to stop the show. Do these fools not care anymore? How can anyone let such an iconic show perform in such dire conditions. I mean for God sakes.
The show is actually in great condition these days, this was an error that I'm sure was corrected after this ONE instance. Stop with this "sky is falling" response any time there's a small error somewhere.

peter11435

What are the chances that the way that should have read is that there was supposed to be a CM in the theater? Humans tend to find reasons why they should leave when they are not supposed to do so. I just cannot accept that if one was present that they would have let it go without stopping it. It makes no sense at all. It's always that one time that they left to use the bathroom or take a call that something will go wrong. I'm fairly confident that whatever CM was there or was supposed to be there, has been asked a lot of serious questions.
Chances are very slim to non existent that the cast member was not present. They most likely were either not paying attention or more likely were afraid to stop and dump the show with out permission.

Goofyernmost

Chances are very slim to non existent that the cast member was not present. They most likely were either not paying attention or more likely were afraid to stop and dump the show with out permission.
I suppose it is possible, but, I'm not able to accept that answer. They are either hiring brain dead CM's now or they weren't there. If nothing else the audience would have been very vocal at the time expecting something to be done to either stop it or fix it. Or this was a very brief moment of the entire show and as usual blown out of proportion for the drama. We can be certain that the mechanical complexity of that show stopping it means that they still have to cycle everything to get he mechanics back in sequence, but, to have done nothing is without any logical reality. In other words, there is more to this story.

peter11435

I suppose it is possible, but, I'm not able to accept that answer. They are either hiring brain dead CM's now or they weren't there. If nothing else the audience would have been very vocal at the time expecting something to be done to either stop it or fix it. Or this was a very brief moment of the entire show and as usual blown out of proportion for the drama. We can be certain that the mechanical complexity of that show stopping it means that they still have to cycle everything to get he mechanics back in sequence, but, to have done nothing is without any logical reality. In other words, there is more to this story.
There likely isn’t much more to this story. The chance that there was no cast member in the theater is next to non existent. The cast member likely did not feel comfortable stopping the show until receiving confirmation from their leader. It shouldn’t be this way. But as someone else pointed out cast are often afraid to make decisions like this on their own. It’s not a hiring or training issue it’s a cultural issue with the cast/leadership relationship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom