American Adventure Issues

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I noticed this several months ago, but “Jane” riding the engine up is completely missing from the show!

I want to say I first noticed it 3-4 months ago, but it could be longer.

Anyone know the status or when she’ll be back? She is the woman riding the engine up while her partner is welding some repairs on the boat and saying maybe they’ll be together next Christmas.

Also, anyone else noticed the gas station scene hydraulics are having major issues? The scene takes probably 40% of their on stage time to completely rise. Very slow.

@marni1971 or anyone have the story?

KevinPage

AA is one of my favorite things Disney has ever done. It’s the perfect blend of music, AA’s, story and uplifting message (without shying away from our not so great past) .

No matter how clueless or uncaring as management is these days, I don’t think they would ever be stupid enough to remove this attraction (knock on wood)

Disone

I saw it today and she’s definitely missing, as she was in May also.

I can also confirm the gas station scene is comically slow. The one guy says no one will pay $0.18/ gallon and it’s STILL not finished rising.
I would like to second this. Jane IS missing and not only is the gas station super slow to rise, so are the two middles booths with Bell and Carnegie. Finally Twains right arm was completely out of place in the Statue of Liberty scene.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I would like to second this. Jane IS missing and not only is the gas station super slow to rise, so are the two middles booths with Bell and Carnegie. Finally Twains right arm was completely out of place in the Statue of Liberty scene.
Haha, yeah it is. Good catch. When they “shook” hands, it wasn’t even close.

The middle booths do appear to be related because they are WAY too slow, confirmed yesterday. I also noticed this several months ago.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I’d think Jane is out since the gas station has problems. Since she hides behind it, she would be visible and lit in the wrong scene before she is hidden. Unless they have multiple issues (the exposition suggests the latter)
This makes sense. The middle booths must be related to the hydraulics (or whatever is used) for the gas station scene.

She does hide behind the gas station scene because I always watch to see the wires and of course, no wires now.

My question is..this seems entirely normal and would need to be fixed constantly. How has it gone this long? As I said, I definitely noticed all issues discussed here in May.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
What’s strange is the gas station and centennial lifts are almost at opposite ends of the wagon. This of course doesn’t mean they’re not connected somehow.
Thanks. Yeah, they must be somehow related because the behavior is identical. It’s like the pressure is too low.

Goofyernmost

I'm a little confused. In Martins Video it appears that they are chain driven and not hydraulic. Wouldn't that point toward electric motors giving out. The Mark Twain arm thing seem like a completely different thing and that might be completely hydraulic. All AA's are run by pumps and or small motors. So that could be anything, but, the lift chains on the modules seem very clear to me. Correct me if I'm wrong (like you wouldn't). Common to industrial stuff were 50 HP electric motors, quiet and strong. Maybe a few of those horses gave out.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I'm a little confused. In Martins Video it appears that they are chain driven and not hydraulic. Wouldn't that point toward electric motors giving out. The Mark Twain arm thing seem like a completely different thing and that might be completely hydraulic. All AA's are run by pumps and or small motors. So that could be anything, but, the lift chains on the modules seem very clear to me. Correct me if I'm wrong (like you wouldn't). Common to industrial stuff were 50 HP electric motors, quiet and strong. Maybe a few of those horses gave out.
This is an interesting point. I’m sure Martin can confirm.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is an interesting point. I’m sure Martin can confirm.
If I recall the lifts are hydraulic. The wagons lateral motion is electric motor.

graphite1326

Not to worry, I'm sure they'll gut it for a Dr. Strange thrill ride with an extended gift shop.
It'll be the perfect compliment to the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Dance Party at the American Gardens Theater.
Funny but you could be right, I am sorry to say.

Goofyernmost

It’s quite the sight. More so how quiet it is!
The thing that makes me angry is that used to be included in the "Behind the Scenes Tour". I paid good money because I wanted to see that. When I made the reservations it was still working that way. The tour went in the back door and went along side the grid that holds them all and they were supposed to do the morning, before the performance, run through and the tour was going to be able to watch it. When we got down there, we were told that part of the tour no longer existed because some clever person jumped the retaining wall the day before, and was wondering around in the show sections (hopefully, it wasn't you Martin 🤔🙂). So, I'm guessing the lawyers decided that the solution to that problem was just don't offer it anymore. If it wasn't for the fact that the tour guide CM was cute as anything, and somewhat of a flirt, I would have complained and asked for my money back. But, I remained quiet even through the wardrobe design and creation part that was as interesting to me as watching a pimple form. Actually the tour was quite good, in spite of my lack of costuming interest, but, I can't deny that I was completely bummed out by what happened. That occurred in the early two thousands, 2002 or 2003, I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom