Americal Idol, OMG!

Atta83

Jasmin did not do so well this week, hope everyone in Hawaii votes for her. My vote goes to Dianha you go girl!

SpongeScott

In two hours of calling, we were able to get through on Diana 4 times. Got through on Latoya twice (about 10 attempts), got through on Jasmine right away (not a good sign) and I wouldn't even attempt to give Fantasia one of my votes.

Diana knocked it out tonight.

RozFan

Diana is my girl! ! ! !:sohappy:

We were all doing the happy dance tonight especially after Simons comments. I can't wait for tomorrow night. I think Diana did break the barrier btw LaToya and Fantasia.

I rank them as:

Diana tie btw LaToya
Fantasia

Jasmine

tigsmom

Originally posted by RozFan
Diana is my girl! ! ! !:sohappy:

We were all doing the happy dance tonight especially after Simons comments. I can't wait for tomorrow night.

Finally! Simon has seen the light. I picked Diana the very first time I saw her. For him to say that she could be the spoiler between LaToya & Fantasia.........

Jasmine was crying because she knew she blew it, she has a nice voice, but we need to be past that now. Where were her fashion consultants?

tiggerlover1971

:Diana was awesome yesterday and I loved how Simon ate crow yesterday about her being too young !!!! I got home at 9:30 and watched it and as soon as I saw her sing the first time I tried calling up until 11 and couldnt get through for her ( I personally thought fantasia stunk tonight her redition on Knock on wood was like fingernails on a chalkboard ) and her second performance was that even a disco tune ? and man was that not on tune and even paula took back what she said about her always picking the right tune

BRER STITCH

Nice to see Diana come back to life last night!

She gave HER best performance of the entire season - and in an outfit that actually fit her! She looked and sounded good for the first time all year! NOW is the time to "get your groove on", like hitting your stride in a marathon!

It's no secret I don't care for Diana's voice, but I enjoy a good show when I see one! Is one good night enough to be a threat to the two better singers who were consistent all season? NO!

Jasmine has finally imploded. She was out of her league from the beginning and finally realized it last night.

Good performances from LaToya and Fantasia, as always. My billing?

Fantasia
LaToya
Diana
Jasmine

Seems it is getting easier to call in each week. The opposite should have been happening if the same number of people are calling! Maybe they finally added more lines!

ALSO: Looks like Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken are confirmed to perform new songs on the FINAL, but no word from any others yet - including Reuben!

Disneyfalcon

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
: I personally thought fantasia stunk tonight her redition on Knock on wood was like fingernails on a chalkboard ) and her second performance was that even a disco tune ?

My thoughts exactly! Fantasia's second song wasn't disco! Bonnie Tyler sang that song didn't she? Certainly not disco for her! Maybe Tyler's version was a remake, but in no way did it sound like disco! I was hoping the judges were going to mention that!

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
My thoughts exactly! Fantasia's second song wasn't disco! Bonnie Tyler sang that song didn't she? Certainly not disco for her! Maybe Tyler's version was a remake, but in no way did it sound like disco! I was hoping the judges were going to mention that!

I know contestants are given a list of songs to choose from that is put together by the producers each week. How that one made the list is beyond me. "Holding out for a Hero" is from the 1987 Bonnie Tyler album "Secret Dreams and Forbidden Fire" which I got $1.99 for on E-bay recently! :lol:

Not sure that it was recorded before then, but it was certainly never heard before that!

If the song is on the list, the judges only have a beef with the producers.

Why did nobody sing "I WILL SURVIVE"???? Maybe the irony of tonight's results would have been too much to handle!

:lol:

Even SMILEY is singing the "NA NA HEY HEY GOODBYE" song to Jasmine --------->:wave: :wave: :wave:

tigsmom

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
I know contestants are given a list of songs to choose from that is put together by the producers each week. How that one made the list is beyond me. "Holding out for a Hero" is from the 1987 Bonnie Tyler album "Secret Dreams and Forbidden Fire" which I got $1.99 for on E-bay recently! :lol:

Not sure that it was recorded before then, but it was certainly never heard before that!

If the song is on the list, the judges only have a beef with the producers.

Why did nobody sing "I WILL SURVIVE"???? Maybe the irony of tonight's results would have been too much to handle!

:lol:

Even SMILEY is singing the "NA NA HEY HEY GOODBYE" song to Jasmine --------->:wave: :wave: :wave:

I know its on the soundtrack for Footloose, but I couldn't find anyone else credited for recording it.
We were hoping for "I Will Survive" also...it was a no brainer. :hammer:

Dizknee_Phreek

"I Will Survive" would've been a good one for Fantasia, I think.

I thought Diana did terrible on her first song, but, as much as I hate to admit it, her second one was really good.

LaToya...well, what can I say...no matter the song, she's still boring to me. She was great at the first of the competition, but I think she's plateaued....she doesn't do anything for me.

Jasmine...bad performances. I probably would've cried too if I were standing on stage in front of millions of people and I blew it. I'll be the first to admit, she got some sympathy votes from me...but they were no where near enough to save her.

Fantasia got the majority of my votes. She's probably the only one left that I can stand to listen to. At first, I couldn't stand her and I couldn't wait until she got voted off....but she's grown on me. Mrs. Sommers was right; Fantasia takes the songs and makes them her own, which I love....I don't think any of the other contestants (that's left) do that. I just hope enough people like her to get her to at least get her to the final two.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
I just hope enough people like her to get her to at least get her to the final two.
Well, if the people responding on this thread and friends that I have are a cross-section of America, she's not going to last. You are only one of two people that I have heard that enjoy her.

MagicalMonorail

Simon was so right last night. He finally realized that Diana is a great singer! And he pointed out what I've been noticing lately: Latoya is good, but what's her personality? We don't know that much about her.

Fantasia's voice aggravates me, but there is one thing: She's a good entertainer. She's full of energy, she's loud, and she works the crowd. Not a great singer, but she is a performer.

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by SpongeScott
Well, if the people responding on this thread and friends that I have are a cross-section of America, she's not going to last. You are only one of two people that I have heard that enjoy her.

HEY! At least she's in good company!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
So I'm watching the group performance at the beginning of tonight's show, and after Jasmine's little solo it occurred to me that maybe she's been singing in the wrong octave the whole time. She seemed much more in control of her voice for the quick minute than she has been the whole time. Anyone else notice this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom