Amazingly dumb and sometimes funny things other guests say...

MSTINKHERBELL01

jws25 said:
I adore my mom, I really do. On a trip last Dec with my husband and my parents, the entire week we were staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge she insisted on calling it the Lion Kingdom Lodge.

She also claims that her favorite movie is "All the Rivers Run Through It."

Jenny

:lol: Lion King Lodge...Animal Kingdom Lodge...Lion Country Safari Lodge...all the same!:lol:

hcswingfield

poohbear6103 said:
Thinking of Tiki birds, I actually have a friend that just came back from Disney (she's in her late 20s and it's her first trip in years). She actually said to me, "Did you know that the Tiki Birds aren't REAL birds!!".
She actually thought they made some parrots sit up on a perch and talk and sing all day. I think my jaw was on the floor for a few minutes after that one because her expression made the statement even more funny. She was genuinely shocked :lol:

Not Disney related, but my highly educated (speaks 5 languages fluently) sister in law actually thought that lava lamps contained real lava.

ZoesMom

Old Story

I worked at WDW in 1988 and that story was circulating back then as a warning to CM's to not be smart mouthed. The story ends with the guests getting in their cars, going back to 1-4 to find the exit, re-entering, re-parking then getting the CM's a** fired. :hammer:

Merlin

Account Suspended
HMGhost13 said:
could you please stop using that term.

I agree 100% that "tard" is an offensive term. Another member (Tahu) used that term in this thread and I respectfully requested that he/she please stop using it. I was chastised by Mousermerf for making that request. Perhaps you'll have better luck than me.

Merlin

Account Suspended
warlord said:
OMG merlin can we get anymore PC (politcally correct) in here?? Let us have our fun if you don't like it go to another thread. That being said, I have a stupid thing that I have done. If you are a CM in the Haunted Mansion please forgive me..... I WENT UNDER THE ROPE!!! I was immediatly yelled at for doing it by the CM, but I pleaded for my life and was let on the ride. I thought it was ok since there was no line in front of me, but its not boys and girls and damned be the next guest that does it sayeth the CM.

I'm not sure which of my comments you are referring to. But either way, I don't think it's very polite to ask someone to go to another thread just because I expressed my opinion.

newheart

Call me amazingly dumb

I must say that my own brilliance always amazes me.

I have been going to Disney World since the 70's (of course it was only Magic Kingdom then) because my mom worked for Eastern Airlines. Well you think I would know my Disney Stuff!!

Well ten years ago, I went back to Disney World after a very long hiatus. You see, I now had a little three old to share the magic with!!

I had never really been into getting character autographs, but when my daughter wanted Pluto's autograph, I sent her with my dad so I could video tape the experience.

So my little girl hands Pluto the autograph book and pen... but Pluto keeps making these gestures that I could not quite understand??? Finally it hits me and I say (while taping of course!) "Ohhhh dogs can't write honey!"

Well I think Pluto was about to bust a gut... what was I thinking!!! The poor character just wanted my daughter to open the autograph book for him!

My daughter is 14 and we head back in 52 days! So... out comes the video so we can relive mommy's shining moment!

Connor002

DisneyJunkie said:
I also tend to find it annoying when a tard will call it "the Fort Wilderness Lodge".

I would also like to ask you to stop using that term, it is very much innapriate, and I believe if you ever had the chance to work with the mentally disabled as i had (our school partnered with a special needs school for a service project), you would understand why I find that such a disgraceful term. They have feelings as much as the next person, and do not appriciate the rude remerks and insults made towards them or refering to them.

Tom

Beta Return
newheart said:
I must say that my own brilliance always amazes me.

I have been going to Disney World since the 70's (of course it was only Magic Kingdom then) because my mom worked for Eastern Airlines. Well you think I would know my Disney Stuff!!

Well ten years ago, I went back to Disney World after a very long hiatus. You see, I now had a little three old to share the magic with!!

I had never really been into getting character autographs, but when my daughter wanted Pluto's autograph, I sent her with my dad so I could video tape the experience.

So my little girl hands Pluto the autograph book and pen... but Pluto keeps making these gestures that I could not quite understand??? Finally it hits me and I say (while taping of course!) "Ohhhh dogs can't write honey!"

Well I think Pluto was about to bust a gut... what was I thinking!!! The poor character just wanted my daughter to open the autograph book for him!

My daughter is 14 and we head back in 52 days! So... out comes the video so we can relive mommy's shining moment!

Very funny! Excellent first post - welcome to the boards!!!

DisneyDavO

nibblesandbits said:
Well my funny story didn't happen at Disney World. Instead it happened on the plane down to Disney. So my fiance and I were sitting behind this little girl (probably around 5 years old or so) and here father in the plane. The plane had just taken off and we were rising into the air and this girl turns to her father and says "We're almost in space, dad!" My fiance and I just burst out laughing. It was just so cute!

I wonder how many people who post on this site would have scoffed at this little girl under their breath, then talk about how stupid she was after they got off the plane. At least 3 that I've seen.

nibblesandbits

DisneyDavO said:
I wonder how many people who post on this site would have scoffed at this little girl under their breath, then talk about how stupid she was after they got off the plane. At least 3 that I've seen.

:mad: I never meant to say that it was stupid! I said that I thought it was cute...this thread is not only for those who make stupid comments, it was also for those funny things that you hear too! I'm sorry if it came off to you that I continued to make fun of her during the trip...b/c I wasn't. We just kept repeating the quote because we thought it was funny. It was funny to see things from a five year olds point of view b/c I don't have children, so I don't get to hear all the cute things they come up with. We were in NO WAY making fun of a five year old!

DisneyDavO

nibblesandbits said:
:mad: I never meant to say that it was stupid! I said that I thought it was cute...this thread is not only for those who make stupid comments, it was also for those funny things that you hear too! I'm sorry if it came off to you that I continued to make fun of her during the trip...b/c I wasn't. We just kept repeating the quote because we thought it was funny. It was funny to see things from a five year olds point of view b/c I don't have children, so I don't get to hear all the cute things they come up with. We were in NO WAY making fun of a five year old!

NO NO NO NO !!! I did not meen you!!!! I was refering to the people posting here who cannot tolerate anyone not as well educated as theirselves.:)

nibblesandbits

DisneyDavO said:
NO NO NO NO !!! I did not meen you!!!! I was refering to the people posting here who cannot tolerate anyone not as well educated as theirselves.:)
Oh...I so didn't get that...lol...sorry for getting upset then. Nevermind... :p

Edit: I went back and re-read your post in the context that you were trying to state it in...and now it makes perfect sense. :hammer:

Wedway Minister

When I was on a bus from the Downton Disney Marketplace back to my room at the Pop Century we were stopped at the red light between Typhoon Lagoon and the Westside watching the board for the House of Blues. The sign said Ministry tonight! The southern couple sitting behind us said "I wonder what kind of ministry there having?" My travelling compainion couldn't resist and told them it was a prayer meeting with the Rev. Al Jourgensen.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The guests that always crack me up are not the casual Disney goer that mistakenly calls the TTA the Monorail but the ones that think they know everything about WDW and are completely clueless. You know the type he insists that the ferry boat from the TTC is on a track but the one at Liberty Square is not, the water on the Jungle Cruise is brown because of all the pollution that the boats cause, that type of thing. The best one I heard was at the living seas. While in the Hydrolator this guy was describing to his wife how the imagineers in conjunction with Otis designed the first underwater elevator. At first I thought this guy was playing a joke on his wife but he was dead serious.

PigletIsMyCat

Wedway Minister said:
When I was on a bus from the Downton Disney Marketplace back to my room at the Pop Century we were stopped at the red light between Typhoon Lagoon and the Westside watching the board for the House of Blues. The sign said Ministry tonight! The southern couple sitting behind us said "I wonder what kind of ministry there having?" My travelling compainion couldn't resist and told them it was a prayer meeting with the Rev. Al Jourgensen.

Oh my goodness, that is freakin' hilarious.

PigletIsMyCat

By the way diddy mouse (love the name) you are getting hitched on my one year anniversary :sohappy: congrats hope you have weather that was as nice as mine :kiss:

diddy_mouse

BUMPITY BUMP!

Ok, having recently visited WDW I just had to add some of the crazy things I heard and saw down there...

Angry Guy @ MK: "Does it ever get cool here?"
Security CM: "Nope."
Angry Guy (takes drag on cigarette): "Man, I hate this place. (mutteres under breath) Stupid...Happiest Place on Earth"

Girl heading into MK: "How hard is it to fit through a hole?!?"

Happy Boy on bus leaving MK: (singing) "Ice cube tray, ice cube tray..."
Happy Boy's dad: "Son, no one wants to hear about the ice cube tray."

Guy at PhilharMagic: "So is this a magic show?"

Guy telling his family about Cirque: "Oh yeah, it's some kind of gymnastics trick..."

Lady on bus heading to MGM refered to ToT as "Hollywood House of Terror" and Voyage of The Little Mermaid as "Ariel's Under the Sea"

Couple in elevator at Contemp.: "How do you get to the 15th floor?"
My husband and I looked at each other and pointed to the glowing button marked "15"

Lady at Soarin' who got on with a medium size pizza box and a large soda

Guy yelling to his wife at the front door of bus: "6:45 Sci-Fi theater!!" Then he goes and yells out the back door "6:45, Sci-Fi Theater!!"

Old Lady at IllumiNations: "Do they do this every night?"

Guy behind me at IllumiNations: "WOAH!!" everytime a pyro effect was fired off...*every* time. mind you, this was IllumiNations...thats a lot of "woah's"

Dragonrider1227

hcswingfield said:
We were waiting in line for rock n roller coaster just behind a woman with her son, age about 7 or 8. The son was afraid to go on the roller coaster. His mother said "You liked It's a Small World, didn't you? This is just like that ride."
:mad: GEEZ, And then she proboly turned around and yelled at a CM for this ride being "too scary!"
Anyway, I hava story from a long time ago when we watched the Electrical parade and when the Dragon from Pete's Dragon went by, someone thought it was Puff the Magic Dragon. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom