Amazingly dumb and sometimes funny things other guests say...

DisneyJunkie

I remember on our honeymoon, we were taking the launch to the MK from Wilderness Lodge and we were in the front. There was this idiot sitting behind us talking to another man and trying to act like he knew everything there was to know about Disney World including this absurd tidbit I overheard him say: "I bet you didn't know that these boats here run on a track laid out on the lagoon floor." I wanted to laugh in his face, but he kept on going with some other stupid ramblings, including mispronouncing several WDW attractions.

PrincipesaLuna

One of the nuttiest things I ever heard in Epcot was a lady who approached a CM at the Japan pavilion and asked, "Where can I get Chinese food here?" The CM, says, "Oh, this is Japan ... China is ..." and directs her to the correct place. The lady, I dunno if she was embarassed or just rude huffs off and says, "Oh, you people look the same anyway how was I supposed to know!"

-LaLuna

Chape19714

ntn_haqqer said:
You must've been on a cruise recently to remember that list! That's right! The elevator one was hysterical! I can't believe I didn't remember that one! Thanks for the excellent memory recollection! :)

:wave:

I just have a VERY good memory. :animwink:

alright the cruise was last weekend. :lol: But I still have a pretty good memory!

If I come up with others, I'll post them.

I was going through Disneyland by myself with a mickey polo shirt and lanyard on. Not noticing that it made me look like a cast member, I started walking around going on rides. Guests just assumed that I worked there. I got questions from "Where is the bathroom?" to "What time does the park close?" I was standing once next to a sign in Tomorrowland that said "Restrooms Clsoed, please use the facilities across from the autopia or at the tomorrowland enterance." At least 10+ people asked me where the bathrooms were. :brick: And this was not a small sign. I told them EXACTLY what the sign said and they seemed perfectly happy. I found it simply amazing that none of them noticed the absence of the Disney name tag. Boy I can't wait to work there so the real "Good" questions start coming in!

nibblesandbits

Well my funny story didn't happen at Disney World. Instead it happened on the plane down to Disney. So my fiance and I were sitting behind this little girl (probably around 5 years old or so) and here father in the plane. The plane had just taken off and we were rising into the air and this girl turns to her father and says "We're almost in space, dad!" My fiance and I just burst out laughing. It was just so cute!

AEfx

PrincipesaLuna said:
One of the nuttiest things I ever heard in Epcot was a lady who approached a CM at the Japan pavilion and asked, "Where can I get Chinese food here?" The CM, says, "Oh, this is Japan ... China is ..." and directs her to the correct place. The lady, I dunno if she was embarassed or just rude huffs off and says, "Oh, you people look the same anyway how was I supposed to know!"

-LaLuna

I'm so gonna burn in hell for this...but I have to say I just sat back and laughed for a good sixty seconds after reading this. Ignorance is so...amusing sometimes. ;)

AEfx

Our first holiday on site was at Dixie Landings.
When we got to the security at the gate my husband
asked if we were at Disney Landings! the kids have never
let him forget it.

disneywy

I have heard many funny and rediculous comments as a guest and CM, but two of my favorite are as follows:

My friend works the Great Movie Ride and he was out at greeter in front and a guest came up with their map and asked where the "big hat thing" is and pointed to the map. He just pointed behind the guest and said "I believe this might be what you are looking for".

The other is when I was doing crowd control at Disneyland and telling people coming into the hub to "Stay to your right for Main Steet, fireworks viewing and the park exit. Stay to your left for all other areas of the park, including Tomorrowland and Fantasyland." Right after I shouted that, the guest closest to me walks up and says, "Sheesh, I know, I know, but I just need to know which way to go for Tomorrowland. Is it left or right." They were dead serious about it too. I got a big kick out of it and just directed them to the left pathway.

DisneyJunkie

In some cases it can be an honest mistake of mis-pronouncing an attraction name, but in others it's just a person being a true tard. A tard, for example, would confuse the TTA with the monorail. There's no honest mistake there, especially if you're standing in Tomorrowland and can see the blue TTA train traveling above you.

Tom

Beta Return
DisneyJunkie said:
In some cases it can be an honest mistake of mis-pronouncing an attraction name, but in others it's just a person being a true tard. A tard, for example, would confuse the TTA with the monorail. There's no honest mistake there, especially if you're standing in Tomorrowland and can see the blue TTA train traveling above you.

I disagree. I DO agree that there are some excusable things, and some that are not...but there are many people who don't really obcess over monorails, and may not know what one is "supposed" to look like. We have a new aerial tram in Indianapolis, connecting the hospitals. It's on a bi-rail but often people call it a Monorail, because they know that word. Simpsons enlightened many people to the world of monorails with their often quoted episode ("That's right, I said monorail"). Also, some people are familiar with Disneyland and recognize that the monorail runs through the park there, as well as it runs through EPCOT at WDW. If I'm a WDW virgin and I look up and see this tram device running all around the park, I may assume it's the MONORAIL if I've never been educated otherwise.

And I don't think I'd call these people "tards" just out of respect, in my opinion.

DisneyJunkie

edwardtc said:
I disagree. I DO agree that there are some excusable things, and some that are not...but there are many people who don't really obcess over monorails, and may not know what one is "supposed" to look like. We have a new aerial tram in Indianapolis, connecting the hospitals. It's on a bi-rail but often people call it a Monorail, because they know that word. Simpsons enlightened many people to the world of monorails with their often quoted episode ("That's right, I said monorail"). Also, some people are familiar with Disneyland and recognize that the monorail runs through the park there, as well as it runs through EPCOT at WDW. If I'm a WDW virgin and I look up and see this tram device running all around the park, I may assume it's the MONORAIL if I've never been educated otherwise.

And I don't think I'd call these people "tards" just out of respect, in my opinion.

I'd still label them as tards and rightfully so. You can go to WDW for the first time in your life, pick up a map to the whole area, and see what a monorail is. OR.....you can simply listen and hear people talk about the monorail to Epcot, or the resort monorail, and know that what's running within the Tomorrowland section of the Magic Kingdom couldn't possibly be a monorail.

SheenaXena

I don't think that's nice at all to call people "tards". I used to work with mentally retarded people. And even they don't like being called "tards"!:(

MSTINKHERBELL01

PrincipesaLuna said:

-LaLuna
Geesh how ignorant!? Being african american I hear the "you people" thing from time to time used derogatory. I think that any person that can disregard another persons feelings and say something so perfectly IGNORANT deserves a swift kick in the butt.

lilphil6487

i once heard someone ask where the bumper cars are and this didnt happen at disney, but when i was at hershey park, some little kid was screaming "Mickey! Mickey! Mickey!" all excited and everything, i kinda felt bad cause even tho hershey is awesome, he wouldnt be seeing mickey this trip. all he was goin to see was dancing hershey bars kisses, and the many other hershey candies.

poohbear6103

Yellow Shoes said:
I would respectfully suggest that the show at Enchanted Tiki Birds consists of sitting and watching talking birds.

(but I love it anyway...)

Thinking of Tiki birds, I actually have a friend that just came back from Disney (she's in her late 20s and it's her first trip in years). She actually said to me, "Did you know that the Tiki Birds aren't REAL birds!!".
She actually thought they made some parrots sit up on a perch and talk and sing all day. I think my jaw was on the floor for a few minutes after that one because her expression made the statement even more funny. She was genuinely shocked :lol:

jws25

I adore my mom, I really do. On a trip last Dec with my husband and my parents, the entire week we were staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge she insisted on calling it the Lion Kingdom Lodge.

She also claims that her favorite movie is "All the Rivers Run Through It."

Jenny

Yellow Shoes

jws25 said:
I adore my mom, I really do. On a trip last Dec with my husband and my parents, the entire week we were staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge she insisted on calling it the Lion Kingdom Lodge.

She also claims that her favorite movie is "All the Rivers Run Through It."

Jenny

I love your mom too. It's those kinds of malapropisms that become the stuff of family lore.

'Fess up--you still secretly think of it as the Lion Kingdom Lodge, don't you???

i<3disney4ever

this past summer me, my best friend and my family were on the monorail from the grand floridian to the MK, and u know how over the intercom they say "Welcome to Stitch Kingdom" or somethign along the lines of that one couple actually said and i kid you not, "i thought it was called the magic kingdom?" i was stunned, i was like WOW that stupidity takes alot of talent

disneylands

Account Suspended
in animal kingdom when you are entering africa from discovery island you see a tree commonly known as "the upside down tree" and a woman said and I qutoe "I that the tree of life" and her own son said. "Mom, thats the tree of death".

I think Disney should start a "Here's your sign" attraction, hosted by Bill Engvall!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom