Am I the only who ignores Universal?

Bairstow

Well, I for one am only interested in Islands of Adventure. What can I say? it has Spider-Man, Dr. Seuss, Jurassic park AND Harry Potter. I gotta try that at least once

Not sure if it justifies itself as a full-day park, but the Studios also offers two world-class dark ride experiences: Revenge of the Mummy, which is an awesome dark ride/coaster hybrid, and Men In Black: Will Smith's Space Ranger Spin, which is the most ambitious shooter/dark ride ever attempted. If you're a die-hard theme park aficionado, you owe it to yourself to experience both of these things.

luv

Not sure if it justifies itself as a full-day park, but the Studios also offers two world-class dark ride experiences: Revenge of the Mummy, which is an awesome dark ride/coaster hybrid, and Men In Black: Will Smith's Space Ranger Spin, which is the most ambitious shooter/dark ride ever attempted. If you're a die-hard theme park aficionado, you owe it to yourself to experience both of these things.
ITA about MIB and think it's the best shooting ride in Orlando. I think The Simpsons is a fantastic ride and I was never a fan of the TV show. :)

When I'm in IoA, I think, "This is my favorite of the two." But when I'm in US, I think the same thing, lol. Both the Uni parks are great. :)

I like all the Orlando parks, though. Even DHS, though it is lowest on the list.

draybook

I'm glad you like it. I'm sure there is some cool stuff. But overall, I've never been impressed.

I haven't been in a few years. What is the beer situation like in Universal? Do they only have the butter and Duff varieties?

Not that I'm trying to knock you or anyone in general, but what is the fascination with beer at theme parks? You (general you) can get great beer outside of theme parks without the $90 cover charge.

StageFrenzy

I haven't been in a few years. What is the beer situation like in Universal? Do they only have the butter and Duff varieties?[/quote]
Not that I'm trying to knock you or anyone in general, but what is the fascination with beer at theme parks? You (general you) can get great beer outside of theme parks without the $90 cover charge.

But But But it wouldn't be in Springfield or the Hog's Head. I Haven't found anything that compares to a frozen butterbeer yet.

For great local beer outside of the parks in Florida i suggest Cigar City.

AndyGator

Its not about being in the theme park. I expect something worth drinking wherever I go. It makes a day surrounded by masses of people and herded around like cattle much more enjoyable. It is not as satisfying forcing down nearly frozen clydesdale urine.

Sounds like the options aren't very good in "Uni"

pumpkin7

We go but only because my hubster loves rollercoasters. Plus, I don't think I could make him have 14 days back to back Disney magic, although I could easily.

luv

We go but only because my hubster loves rollercoasters. Plus, I don't think I could make him have 14 days back to back Disney magic, although I could easily.
Do you go to Uni, pay for both parks, ride the three coasters (four, if you count The Mummy, which i don't) and leave????

pumpkin7

Do you go to Uni, pay for both parks, ride the three coasters (four, if you count The Mummy, which i don't) and leave????

Nah. Last trip we spent 3 days there in total. Day and a half in each. The studios doesn't really have that much in it anymore. Jaws was one of my favourites, as was BTTF.
We went on everything at least once, we didn't JUST go for the coasters. But the only decent one they have at Disney is RnRC.

luv

Nah. Last trip we spent 3 days there in total. Day and a half in each. The studios doesn't really have that much in it anymore. Jaws was one of my favourites, as was BTTF.
We went on everything at least once, we didn't JUST go for the coasters. But the only decent one they have at Disney is RnRC.
Gotcha!!

I miss Jaws, too. I don't miss BTTF...never thought it was all that good. IMO (and it's just me), The Simpsons is like 10,000 times better. To each, his own. :)

BryceM

I miss Jaws also... But the Studios still has some of the best attractions around, like Men in Black, Mummy, Transformers, Terminator, Horror Make-Up Show and E.T. Adventure!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Its not about being in the theme park. I expect something worth drinking wherever I go. It makes a day surrounded by masses of people and herded around like cattle much more enjoyable. It is not as satisfying forcing down nearly frozen clydesdale urine.

Sounds like the options aren't very good in "Uni"
Just a stones throw from Uni is this place:
http://cricketersorlando.com/beer-list
Good beer if you like authentic style hand drawn beer on tap.

If you are in the MK area the Poly has Firerock Pale Ale from Kona Brew

Disneyhead'71

At IOA at The Hog's Head Pub in TWWoHP they have Hog's Head Brew, Strongbow, Bass, Guinness, Boddingtons, Newcastle, London Pride, Stella Artois, Miller Lite, Yuengling. Through out the rest of the park you can easily find Yuengling, Fosters, Guinness, Blue Moon, Heineken, Shocktop, Coors Light and Miller Lite.
At USF at Finnegan's you'll find Guinness, Smithwick's, Yuengling, Palm Ale, Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Sam Adams Seasonal, Miller Lite, Magner's Cider on Draft and Amstel Lights, Coors Light, Corona, Heineken, Heineken Light, Miller Lite, Budweiser, Bud Light, Smirnoff Ice, Newcastle in bottles. Through out the rest of the park you can easily find Heineken, Blue Moon, Shocktop, Coors Light, Miller Light, and Yuengling.

wbtc

I am with you on this. I have never been motivated to go to Universal because it seems that it is more of an amusement park than the entire package that Disney offers. It looks like they have 3 or 4 very interesting rides. However, very little of my interest in Disney is actually rides. Service, food, sounds, smells, landscape, nostalgia, theming and overall atmosphere are the main draw for us to go to Disney. We have amusement parks near where we live so thrill rides are much more accessible than anything Disney has to offer.

Californian Elitist

I am with you on this. I have never been motivated to go to Universal because it seems that it is more of an amusement park than the entire package that Disney offers. It looks like they have 3 or 4 very interesting rides. However, very little of my interest in Disney is actually rides. Service, food, sounds, smells, landscape, nostalgia, theming and overall atmosphere are the main draw for us to go to Disney. We have amusement parks near where we live so thrill rides are much more accessible than anything Disney has to offer.

The Uni parks aren't amusement parks.

This is an amusement park:

AmusementPark.jpg

Bairstow

Accusing Universal of being a mere amusement park is just... wrong.

BB_vert_2_tcm13-4699.jpg

455853.jpg

5275657003_7ae34f1471_o.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom