Am I the only one who LOVES Hollywood Studios?

sgtmgd

We love DHS..yes they should add an attraction or two...but DHS over the Xmas-New Years holidays with the Osborne Lights...well lets just say if you havent seen them then you are missing out!

RNR, Tower of Terror, BATB, Indy, Star Wars ,Toy Story, The Stunt Show(Amazing)...Little Mermaid...The great Movie Ride..

FANTASMIC! Sci-Fi Drive In...50's Cafe

I dont feel cheated when attending DHS..

cynic710

truth be told, DHS is one of my favorite of the parks. The place just drips disney and the rides and experiences there, though not high in quantity, have great character. Indiana Jones is such a fun stunt show that I have to see it every time I go, even though it never changes. Aerosmith is still one of the most exciting disney rides available and tower of terror has the best line show in the parks. I understand that it could be considered a "non-full day park" but its the little details and connection to entertainment that make DHS a great experience.

crosswagon

We love DHS..yes they should add an attraction or two...but DHS over the Xmas-New Years holidays with the Osborne Lights...well lets just say if you havent seen them then you are missing out!

RNR, Tower of Terror, BATB, Indy, Star Wars ,Toy Story, The Stunt Show(Amazing)...Little Mermaid...The great Movie Ride..

FANTASMIC! Sci-Fi Drive In...50's Cafe

I dont feel cheated when attending DHS..

I agree competely with this post. This is one of our favorite parks and to see the Osborne Xmas lights is something you have to see to appreciate. Three of our favorite rides (RocknRoller, Tower of Terror, Toy Story) are at Hollywood Studios. Although if Disney would add another Toy Story it might help on the standby wait or the ability to get a fastpass!

DisneyBeatles

Your not alone! Just went to the world over memorial day weekend and to be honest, we spent almost the whole time in DHS! We never got tired or it like we did at EPCOT (we were only at epcot a few hours. not enough to do for our family).

Maglutak

Original Poster
I agree about EPCOT... I always get so bored after like the 3rd country and end up riding Test Track and Mission:Space multiple times and Maelstrom too (I love it) but Soarin' just once because of the lines. Though I love Spaceship Earth.

I could spend WAY longer at DHS than EPCOT.

SirNim

Replace the BAH with the Catwalk Bar and we'd be getting somewhere... ;)

But no, MGM (that's what I will always call it, official name change notwithstanding) has grown on me recently. It's the only park that doesn't have a fully symmetric plan, which lends it its own certain charm, unlike the hub-and-spoke Kingdoms and the figure-eight Epcot. I just wish it could ditch the "working studios" pretension by actually producing some original content there once more.

mergatroid

Love the studios too and think it has a feel to it second only to the MK. As we go for 3 week holidays and have AP's, we tend not to do 'full days' at Disney parks but instead many half day visits or park hops. This probably means we don't suffer the 'there's not enough to do' syndrome that many complain about on here. I also find it very quick to get in and out, no long walk from the parking lot to the attractions which for short visits or oncoming storms can be very convenient. I love the street performers and probably enjoy sitting and having a drink there more than any other park and we always have a meal at the sci-fi dine in theatre and laugh at the terrible movie clips.

luv

Of the seven Orlando parks, the Studios is my least favorite.

It's not well put together. That Muppet area is too crowded. In fact, I think most of it is too crowded. It is also poorly laid out. There is no flow to walking around DS.

I don't like most of what is there.

I like the hat well enough, but I don't love it like the tree, ball and castle.

The shopping isn't great.

Fantasmic sucks.

Even the pickles could be better.

Maglutak

Original Poster
The shopping isn't great.

Go to Downtown Disney or something. Why would you pay 89 dollars for shopping. Sure, shops are important for theme parks and look nice but why would you base some of your dislike for DHS on the shopping....

And I agree with SirNim, the non-symmetric layout really makes it special.

The Empress Lilly

Even the pickles could be better.
:lol:

I disagree with everything you wrote, in fact, I shall have to put you on ignore, what's more, I'll never visit this website again, no, instead I shall not even visit this internet again, I'm going to uninstall it by asking google to remove me from their intertube. But those pickles crack me up. That's just hilarious! :D

PartOfYourWorld

It seems there is a little too much hate and criticism on Hollywood Studios. Honestly, it's my favorite park. I love the atmosphere from the moment I walk through the main gates.

The feeling of walking down Sunset Boulevard and seeing the Tower of Terror, the rock music playing around Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, the feeling of walking though the streets of New York and the beautiful landscaping. Sure, it could do without that horrible hat, but I really do have a true love for Hollywood Studios. I love ALL of the attractions there. The shows, the rides and the restaurants.

Am I the only one who really loves Hollywood Studios and thinks of it as a way better park than say, Animal Kingdom. I never feel like a trip to Walt Disney World is complete without a trip to the Studios.

You said it best. I seriously can never get enough of this park when we go, one day is never enough there for me. I could sit all day on sunset and Hollywood blvds and just watch the citizen of hollywood skits all day! My favorite ride the tower of terror is there and just seeing it looming in the distance gives me chills. Also the park seriously shows its true beauty at night with all the neon lights. The park just lights up. We were also born in the same year so I like to say we have that in common :)

It's good to see that there are others that like DHS out there. It's tough sometimes to hear all the criticism but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Also next week is DHS awareness week as posted on Studioscentral.com! So if your on twitter use the hash tag #DHSAwareness and post about the studios all week and spread the love!

WDW_Emily

There are parts I really like, parts I don't like at all, and parts that I really wish got some TLC.

Love- RnR, ToT, Beauty and the Beast and Star Tours.
Needs some TLC- Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Indy, Muppets, Great Movie Ride, Fantasmic, Backlot Tour....
This I can skip- Lights, Motors, Action, The afternoon parade, American Idol.

Animaniac93-98

There are parts I really like, parts I don't like at all, and parts that I really wish go some TLC.

I find that's true for nearly all theme parks I've been too (Disney or otherwise), but even with the stuff I'd like to see changed or done away with, DHS is still #2 for me behind MK at WDW.

It all comes down to the fact that the stuff I do like (ToT, RnRC, ST, Muppets, Sci-Fi, Brown Derby, Prime Time, TSMM, some of the shops, SB at night etc.), I really like.

Studios Fan

I really like the Studios as well. I would like to see more family oriented attractions and rides added to the park. The park has so much potential if they would come up with a long term plan.

Disneyfan1981

While its not my favorite, the wife and I never had a hard time spending a day here. We ride Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster multiple times but I love The Great Movie Ride when it's a bit too hot out and Star Tours, The Muppets and Toy Story are great "time wasters" between Fastpass tickets. I wish there were more attractions but I definitely would never say I hate it or even dislike it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom