Am I the only one that dislikes BTM?

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
I really find that ride terrible. Unlike their other themes, I just don't like the themeing of that ride, its never stuck with me.

Am I the only one? In my family I am, can't stand that ride, its the only one out of WDW/DLR that I truly don't enjoy.

lilclerk

I love the runaway mine train feel of BTM. The ride matches perfectly, the way it feels so out of control and you're sliding all over the place.

IMO of course :animwink:

RoRo

I love the whole theme of the ride and I think its great but its not much of a coaster but the theme makes up for it.

Krack

I think you might be. You're the first person I've ever heard express the opinion that they don't like Big Thunder Mountain ... and I've heard negative feelings on just about every attraction in WDW at least once at one time or another.

The Haunted Mansion is the only other one you almost never hear a complaint about (even Pirates gets complaints about it being shorter than DL and not having the Blue Bayou).

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
I really can't pinpoint what it is about the ride, just makes me feel that if I want the frontierland experience, I'll go around the shops, TSI, and SM.

Purple413

I enjoy BTM. I love roller coasters, and this one is by no means wicked, but this is one my husband will actually go on with me (he hates roller coasters)... that's probably what I like most about it. It's a fun compromise for those who like wild rides and those who don't.

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
I enjoy BTM. I love roller coasters, and this one is by no means wicked, but this is one my husband will actually go on with me (he hates roller coasters)... that's probably what I like most about it. It's a fun compromise for those who like wild rides and those who don't.

Yea I guess, I'm just different I suppose :p not like I'm afraid of coasters, just this one in particular doesn't agree with me.

And this is off-topic, but when I was reading your post, I heard Fozzie saying it in my head O.O

lilclerk

Same with my boyfriend :lol: He'll ride BTM all day, but that's the extent of his thrill rides.

Purple413

He'll barely even look at ToT! He'll go on Splash Mountain once per trip just because it's my favorite ride and it's only one drop.

That is so funny. My husband will got on Splash Mountain, too - but he closes his eyes and ducks his head when it's time to go down the drop.

I did get him on Space Mountain once believe it or not - I don't think he'll ever do that again, but I was proud of him for giving it a try!

Maybe the two of them should hang out! Haha!!

MissM

Big Thunder is pretty much my absolute favorite ride. It's fun without being scary and it's enjoyable without drops, loops or other such "mandatory" features in thrill rides these days.

I don't do coasters. I don't do drops/falling, loops/inversions, etc. Those kinds of rides you can't pay me to go on. They make me sick and miserable. But it's not to say I don't enjoy speed or fun "thrills." Big Thunder fits exactly that niche for me.

You can't take Big Thunder too seriously. It's lighthearted, fun, and a little silly. But pretty much every single person can enjoy it and that's what makes it such a popular and well-loved attraction.

ABigBrassBand

Original Poster
Thanks for your opinions, and completely making me feel left out x)

Just never really stuck with me, I'm alone on this one apparently :p

rodserling27

Hey, we all have our things =) I don't like Spectromagic.

Neither do I.

On the topic of BTM, I can easily understand why someone wouldn't like it. When I was there last May, a few folks I was with had never been on it, and they thought it was cool, but didn't feel the need to ride it ever again. I think it might be because I talked it up too much. I have a semi-tradition to ride Splash and BTM as many times back-to-back as possible when MK has Extra Magical Hours :D I love starting "ONE MORE TIME!" chants when it's close to closing time.

Kingman1283

I agree wit the OP. I have never really cared for BTM. There is really not much to the ride. I feel like it is something that you could find at your local Six Flags.
Sometimes we skip the ride all together.

lilclerk

That is so funny. My husband will got on Splash Mountain, too - but he closes his eyes and ducks his head when it's time to go down the drop.

I did get him on Space Mountain once believe it or not - I don't think he'll ever do that again, but I was proud of him for giving it a try!

Maybe the two of them should hang out! Haha!!
I'm trying to convince him to try Space Mountain but I don't think I'll be too successful.

We can enjoy ToT while they ... eat churros? It's a win-win :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom